NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guantanamo Prisoner And Al-Qaeda Trainee Mourad Benchellali Now Teaches Young People About The Reality Of Jihad

Go down

Guantanamo Prisoner And Al-Qaeda Trainee Mourad Benchellali Now Teaches Young People About The Reality Of Jihad Empty Guantanamo Prisoner And Al-Qaeda Trainee Mourad Benchellali Now Teaches Young People About The Reality Of Jihad

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:57 pm

He learned warfare in an al-Qaeda training camp, then spent over two years in a small cage at Guantanamo, and more time in a French prison. With such a CV, Mourad Benchellali may seem an unlikely youth counsellor - but he is telling his story to young Europeans, warning them against the lure of jihad. The 33-year-old Frenchman is one of a small number of Europeans presenting their jihadi past as an example for others not to follow. Many see men like him as a powerful tool to deter youth from heading to Syria - while Western governments are wary of them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/06/07/young-people-islamic-state-syria-jihad-mourad-benchellali_n_7529554.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Guantanamo Prisoner And Al-Qaeda Trainee Mourad Benchellali Now Teaches Young People About The Reality Of Jihad Empty Re: Guantanamo Prisoner And Al-Qaeda Trainee Mourad Benchellali Now Teaches Young People About The Reality Of Jihad

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:00 pm

excellent hopefully they can unwrap some of the lies that draw people in to the ranks of the jihadists...

Back to top Go down

Guantanamo Prisoner And Al-Qaeda Trainee Mourad Benchellali Now Teaches Young People About The Reality Of Jihad Empty Re: Guantanamo Prisoner And Al-Qaeda Trainee Mourad Benchellali Now Teaches Young People About The Reality Of Jihad

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:17 am

I'd never heard of him, but he sounds like a good guy if you take his story at face value -- and like he went through a lot in Gitmo.

"I believe that a small number of the detainees at Guantánamo are guilty of criminal acts, but as analysis of the military's documents on the prisoners has shown, there is no evidence that most of the 465 or so men there have committed hostile acts against the United States or its allies. Even so, what I heard so many times resounding from cage to cage, what I said myself so many times in my moments of complete despondency, was not, "Free us, we are innocent!" but "Judge us for whatever we've done!" There is unlimited cruelty in a system that seems to be unable to free the innocent and unable to punish the guilty."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down