NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man learns amazing lesson in irony after mocking Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘bravery’ in viral Facebook post

4 posters

Go down

Man learns amazing lesson in irony after mocking Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘bravery’ in viral Facebook post Empty Man learns amazing lesson in irony after mocking Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘bravery’ in viral Facebook post

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:52 pm

Man learns amazing lesson in irony after mocking Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘bravery’ in viral Facebook post Mark-h10
An Oregon man got an unexpected lesson in irony after posting a viral photo on Facebook criticizing the media coverage of Caitlyn Jenner’s gender transition.

Terry Coffey, of Salem, posted a black-and-white photo Monday night that appears to show a World War II soldier trudging through mud carrying on his back an apparently wounded soldier who is firing a pistol.

“As I see post after post about Bruce Jenner’s transition to a woman, and I hear words like, bravery, heroism, and courage, just thought I’d remind all of us what real American courage, heroism, and bravery looks like!” Coffey posted.

The post rocketed across social media over the next day, and has been shared more than 755,000 times – but Coffey said he learned a thought-provoking lesson as he searched the photo’s origins.

In a follow-up post Tuesday, Coffey said he had conducted a quick image search online and simply chose one that fit his words, but he decided after the post went viral to identify the photographer so he could credit his work.

“In an ironic twist, I have discovered that the photo is part of a documentary created by a man who was beaten nearly to death outside of a bar in 2000,” Coffey posted.

The photographer, Mark Hogancamp, spent nine days in a coma and suffered severe brain damage and other injuries, Coffey learned.

Hogancamp coped with his pain afterward by creating an imaginary world set in World War II – where he created the image that went viral years later – but Coffey was gobsmacked by something else he learned.

“Why was he nearly beaten to death by 5 strangers?” Coffey asked. “Because he was a cross-dresser.”

“I could have chosen any one of hundreds of photos depicting bravery, but I chose this one,” Coffey said. “Do I think it was an accident? No, I don’t.”

He said there was an obvious lesson.

“What happened to this man was cruel, wrong, and unforgivable,” Coffey said. “Hate helps nothing, love wounds no one, and God heals all (and irony makes you think).”
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/man-learns-amazing-lesson-in-irony-after-mocking-caitlyn-jenners-bravery-in-viral-facebook-post/

Back to top Go down

Man learns amazing lesson in irony after mocking Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘bravery’ in viral Facebook post Empty Re: Man learns amazing lesson in irony after mocking Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘bravery’ in viral Facebook post

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:39 pm

the coverage of the idiotic sex change was ridiculous though..

Back to top Go down

Man learns amazing lesson in irony after mocking Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘bravery’ in viral Facebook post Empty Re: Man learns amazing lesson in irony after mocking Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘bravery’ in viral Facebook post

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:55 pm

Did he just fancy being female or was he born a woman, i thought he was married with kids so clearly he had all the bits didn't he .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:36 am

I think that's the most ignorant post I've seen in a long time.

Last edited by risingsun on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:48 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:the coverage of the idiotic sex change was ridiculous though..

There must have been a demand for it otherwise the media wouldn't be covering as much as they did.

See, even you are interested enough to comment on it Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:35 am

Irn Bru wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:the coverage of the idiotic sex change was ridiculous though..

There must have been a demand for it otherwise the media wouldn't be covering as much as they did.

See, even you are interested enough to comment on it Laughing

media covers as much crap as anything else it thrives on scandal...

its hard to avoid the coverage of a queer who wants to become a woman it seems to be the new rage.... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:36 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Did he just fancy being female or was he born a woman, i thought he was married with kids so clearly he had all the bits didn't he .

apparently he said the worse part of having his sex change was removing half is brain so he could be a proper tranny...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:32 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Did he just fancy being female or was he born a woman, i thought he was married with kids so clearly he had all the bits didn't he .

He has quite a few children, so clearly he enjoyed being a man a lot of the time.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

He has quite a few children, so clearly he enjoyed being a man a lot of the time.

exactly my thoughts raggs .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:56 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

There could be many other explanations for why he had so many kids. She's a conservative Christian who might have been raised to believe that procreation was a religious duty. http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/august/3.16.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:29 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

There could be many other explanations for why he had so many kids. She's a conservative Christian who might have been raised to believe that procreation was a religious duty. http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/august/3.16.html

Quite honestly, the ignorance shown by some about transgender issues is quite pathetic.

Ah well, night Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:38 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Assumptions are not fact.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down