NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslims And Jews Spent A Day Of Prayer Together And The Result Was Beautiful (VIDEO)

2 posters

Go down

Muslims And Jews Spent A Day Of Prayer Together And The Result Was Beautiful (VIDEO) Empty Muslims And Jews Spent A Day Of Prayer Together And The Result Was Beautiful (VIDEO)

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 11:36 pm

On a quiet California morning in May, a group of Jews and Muslims came together on a Los Angeles beach to pray. The worshippers laid out prayer mats and the sounds of their chanting, in both Hebrew and Arabic, mingled with the crashing of the waves. "We were just so surprised that we could do this together and it's very similar," said participant Maryam Saleemi. "It was kind of like an 'Aha Moment' that we're praying to the same God, why aren't we doing this all the time together?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/29/two-faiths-one-prayer_n_7470660.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news&ir=Good%20News

Novel idea and hope they can grow on from this.

Back to top Go down

Muslims And Jews Spent A Day Of Prayer Together And The Result Was Beautiful (VIDEO) Empty Re: Muslims And Jews Spent A Day Of Prayer Together And The Result Was Beautiful (VIDEO)

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 8:20 am

it is quite amazing but odd as they should be facing opposite ways when they pray........

Back to top Go down

Muslims And Jews Spent A Day Of Prayer Together And The Result Was Beautiful (VIDEO) Empty Re: Muslims And Jews Spent A Day Of Prayer Together And The Result Was Beautiful (VIDEO)

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 30, 2015 8:21 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:it is quite amazing but odd as they should be facing opposite ways when they pray........

So what direction should they face to face God?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 8:31 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:it is quite amazing but odd as they should be facing opposite ways when they pray........

Or Just HF is not very good at Geography.

From their location both would face east to pray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 8:41 am

why was it filmed , i think it is wonderful just wondering why they filmed it .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 30, 2015 8:43 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I understand what you're saying, I was just reminded of a thread I almost started recently, about how new most of the concepts we take for granted really are, thus how new the current state of human awareness is. For one example, the United States, generally considered a young nation, actually ratified its constitution decades before anybody had proven that most disease was caused by microorganisms (i.e. the germ theory of disease).

I think this extends to modern views of religion as well, as seen where Veya, Vic and others have come up with much better concepts of a supreme being than are described in most religions. While ancient Japan could name itself as the land of the rising sun, now we know the sun rises and sets on every part of the Earth and we also describe God as being everywhere. So whatever direction you chose to pray in (including straight down) would be in the direction of God, by the modern person's reckoning.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 8:50 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

I understand what you're saying, I was just reminded of a thread I almost started recently, about how new most of the concepts we take for granted really are, thus how new the current state of human awareness is. For one example, the United States, generally considered a young nation, actually ratified its constitution decades before anybody had proven that most disease was caused by microorganisms (i.e. the germ theory of disease).

I think this extends to modern views of religion as well, as seen where Veya, Vic and others have come up with much better concepts of a supreme being than are described in most religions. While ancient Japan could name itself as the land of the rising sun, now we know the sun rises and sets on every part of the Earth and we also describe God as being everywhere. So whatever direction you chose to pray in (including straight down) would be in the direction of God, by the modern person's reckoning.

Oh I agree where you have people grown up on much better concepts of a God or gods, of which I include Eddie to this group. It is a very interesting point how concepts do and can change over time and how in every generation there is a set group of people who resist change for the better. I have posted this before but cultural pessimism has always been an ongoing problem for years.

In a CATO policy report paper, Tyler Cowen offers the following brief history of cultural
pessimism:

Cultural pessimism has been around as long as culture. Pessimistic attacks have been leveled for centuries, although the target has changed frequently. Many moralists and philosophers, including Plato, criticized theater and poetry for their corrupting influence. Books became a target after the onset of publishing. Eighteenth -century pessimists accused novels of preventing readers from thinking, preaching disobedience to parents (note the contradictory charges), undermining women’s sense of subservience, breaking down class distinctions, and making readers sick. Libraries, especially privately run circulating libraries, were another target.

Edward Mangin remarked in 1808, ‘There is scarcely a street of the metropolis, or a village in the country, in which a circulating library may not be found: nor is there a corner of the empire, where the English language is understood, that has not suffered from the effects of this institution’. In the 18th and 19th centuries the targets included epistolary romances, newspapers, opera, the music hall, photography, and instrumental virtuosi, such as Liszt and Paganini. The 20th century brought the scapegoats of radio, movies, modern art, professional sports, the automobile, television, rhythm and blues, rock ‘n’ roll, comic books, MTV music videos, and rap music. Each new medium or genre has been accused of corrupting youth and promoting excess sensuality, political subversion, and moral relativism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 8:58 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

I think Muslims have to pray in the nearest direction to mecca

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 30, 2015 10:13 pm

Whatever, east west North or arse downwards...it's a beautiful video :-))
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down