NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bear buries woman alive to eat her later

4 posters

Go down

Bear buries woman alive to eat her later  Empty Bear buries woman alive to eat her later

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 10:14 am

A Russian woman has been hospitalised in a critical condition after she was attacked by a bear while she was gathering birch sap in the woods. Natalya Pasternak, a 55-year-old post office worker, was walking in a forest near Tynda in the Amur Region when the bear attacked her and her dog according to Russian news sources. Ms Pasternak suffered severe injuries to her head, arms and thighs. A second woman who was with Ms Pasternak at the time of the attack fled to get help.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/bear-buries-woman-alive-so-it-can-eat-her-later-10249581.html

Back to top Go down

Bear buries woman alive to eat her later  Empty Re: Bear buries woman alive to eat her later

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 15, 2015 10:17 am

Eeeeeek. I hate bear stories. I never got over the story of Timothy Treadwell and his girlfriend.

Poor lady - I do hope she recovers, and isn't too traumatised.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Bear buries woman alive to eat her later  Empty Re: Bear buries woman alive to eat her later

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 10:32 am

scary stuff i bet she was petrified , she sounds in a bad way i dread to think acctually bear attacks can be horrendous .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 10:33 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Eeeeeek. I hate bear stories. I never got over the story of Timothy Treadwell and his girlfriend.

Don't read The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon then lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 15, 2015 10:35 am

Nems wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Eeeeeek. I hate bear stories. I never got over the story of Timothy Treadwell and his girlfriend.

Don't read The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon then lol!

I won't. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 15, 2015 10:36 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:scary stuff i bet she was petrified , she sounds in a bad way i dread to think acctually bear attacks can be horrendous .

Oh they're awful. You can't run away from brown bears because they can run fast, and you can't climb a tree to escape a black bear because they can climb better than people.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 15, 2015 10:43 am

Of course I don't normally approve of people shooting bears, and I think that people should stay away from areas which bears inhabit, but this is an exceptional case. It apparently attacked her dog first, but there's no news about that - hope it's OK. It also attacked people who went to rescue her. Sometimes, there's just no alternative than to shoot.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 11:16 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Of course I don't normally approve of people shooting bears, and I think that people should stay away from areas which bears inhabit, but this is an exceptional case. It apparently attacked her dog first, but there's no news about that - hope it's OK. It also attacked people who went to rescue her. Sometimes, there's just no alternative than to shoot.

I have always wanted to go to Kodiak Island to see the bears

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 15, 2015 11:48 am

Nems wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Of course I don't normally approve of people shooting bears, and I think that people should stay away from areas which bears inhabit, but this is an exceptional case. It apparently attacked her dog first, but there's no news about that - hope it's OK. It also attacked people who went to rescue her. Sometimes, there's just no alternative than to shoot.

From a distance I hope - wearing full body armour. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 11:54 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nems wrote:

From a distance I hope - wearing full body armour. Laughing
Mmmm you make a good point from some of the videos on line they look very close!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 11:14 pm

no point wearing armor

the bears have tin openers affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 17, 2015 6:52 am

darknessss wrote:no point wearing armor

the bears have tin openers affraid

Not to mention they could kill you right through the armor if it came to that.

The first reported event took place in Alaska in 1895 by a Russian miner who was hiking through the wilderness. According to his account, he witnessed a moose drinking from a stream when a Grizzly bear approached from the other side. Moose are very territorial, and they are especially known to attack anything they perceive to be a threat to their water source. The moose charged full speed across the stream, and just as it neared the bear, the bear stood up and with a quick motion swiped the moose in the side of the face. The moose's head became decapitated and flew a distance of fifteen to twenty feet ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 17, 2015 10:19 am

Remember when people believed you had to play dead in order to "fool a bear" and it would leave you alone?

Where did that rumour start?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun May 17, 2015 11:00 am

Never run away when you have a" bear" behind!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 11:49 am

always go "bear hunting" with a "friend"

that way when you are running away from the bear....you can trip him and make good your escape.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down