NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

California Costco labels some Bibles as "fiction"; Christians butthurt

2 posters

Go down

California Costco labels some Bibles as "fiction"; Christians butthurt Empty California Costco labels some Bibles as "fiction"; Christians butthurt

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:14 pm

California Costco labels some Bibles as "fiction"; Christians butthurt Bibles21n-1-web

Costco apologized this week for labeling Bibles at its Simi Valley store as "fiction" after a local pastor brought the apparent snafu to light on Twitter.

Caleb Kaltenbach, pastor of Discovery Church, came across the Bibles while shopping for a gift and tweeted the picture Friday with the comment: "Costco has Bibles for sale under the genre of FICTION Hmmmm...".

That didn't sit well with members of his congregation.

“I was completely offended. It’s wrong, and I believe that the Bible is real,” Shellie Dungan told KTLA-TV.

Costco initially remained mum after word of the fiction label spread quickly on social media, angering Christians, some of whom threatened to boycott the big box store.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bibles-labeled-as-fiction-in-costco-store-20131120,0,2039345.story#ixzz2lPJUkykp
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

California Costco labels some Bibles as "fiction"; Christians butthurt Empty Re: California Costco labels some Bibles as "fiction"; Christians butthurt

Post by veya_victaous Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:56 pm

what would you label it?

most shops here (not that you see many bibles) would put its as 'religious' or something.

And Shellie is very dumb.. so what if you beleive the bible is real you might beleive in Santa too, doesn't mean there is a toy factory on the north pole, and doesn't stop all those Christmas tales bing fiction.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down