NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yemen Today

Go down

Yemen Today Empty Yemen Today

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 12:10 am

Yemen Today CEwDeTFUkAEIEHG

Yemen Today CEwDeDiUgAAdBsX

Ammar Al-Aulaqi ‏@ammar82 3 hrs3 hours ago

I was at least 7 km from Noqum mountain explosion, yet the blast was big enough to move us and shake the house!l

Ammar Al-Aulaqi ‏@ammar82 6 mins6 minutes ago

SOS
Planet earth do you hear me? I once thought I'm part of your world.
I'm being burned alive, destroyed by my people.
SAVE ME
Yours,#Yemen

A girl stuck in Istanbul airport was frantic because she had been told by phone her sister was badly injured in Yemen

Yemen Post Newspaper ‏@YemenPostNews 7 hrs7 hours ago

CEASEFIRE GIFT, 26 killed, 140 injured & 100's residents damaged. #Saudi strikes Nuqom base in #Yemen capital. #اليمن

Man's inhumanity to man continues.

Last edited by risingsun on Tue May 12, 2015 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Yemen Today Empty Re: Yemen Today

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 6:57 am

Photo shop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 10:48 am

Watch: Terrible destruction seen after airstrike in Yemen’s capital

(video on link, can't be transferred, utterly terrifying)

Videos shot in Sanaa appeared to show an arms depot that was hit by airstrikes. Yemeni security officials said Sanaa came under heavy air bombardment on Monday afternoon, with the primary target being weapons and ammunition depots on Noqom mountain on the city’s northeastern outskirts. (The Washington Post)

A day before a planned "humanitarian pause" was due to start and not long after rebels claimed to have downed a Moroccan jet, social media from within Yemen is painting a picture of extreme destruction.

Videos shot in Sanaa on Monday appeared to show an arms depot that was hit by airstrikes.

Hisham Al-Omeisy @omeisy

Explosions & munition projectiles shooting out of weapons depo now which was just hit by airstrikes in Sana'a #Yemen https://youtu.be/IhLMcM-VtR8
3:49 PM - 11 May 2015

Another video shared on Facebook appeared to capture the same arms depot.

Another video captured an enormous explosion.

The man who shot the second of the explosions, Abdul Hamed, told Storyful about the footage:

"Yes, I was walking at the garden of my home to enter the house, as I saw the smoke from the first Saudi Strike. I wanted to film it before entering my home to hide from the following air strikes. As I just started filming, I saw a new fire, I kept filming as I didn't expected the fire to expand like that. As I started to feel the heat of the bomb I had to run a way. As I was running a way the window glasses was falling down around me. From the tremendous pressure all the house ' windows fall down. I was so worried about my wife and our baby as she is pregnant. Someone has to stop those crazy people.”

The videos appeared to show airstrikes in the Mount Noqum area and in Faj Attan, Storyful notes.

On Twitter, Hisham al-Omeisy, an activist who lives in Sanaa, shared a number of images that showed the scene.

Yemen Today CEvTY63VAAADoOS

Yemen Today CEvTZSgUEAA-6W3

Hisham Al-Omeisy @omeisy

Imams in mosques filling Sanaa w/ echoes of prayers while airstrikes & explosions..more pics #Yemen Bracing for worse
5:41 PM - 11 May 2015

Hisham Al-Omeisy @omeisy

Pictures from now of ever growing flames from weapons depo hit by airstrikes earlier in Sana'a #Yemen
4:42 PM - 11 May 2015

Ammar al-Aulaqi, another resident of Sanaa, helped put the dramatic images in context.

Ammar Al-Aulaqi @ammar82

For you to understand, Noqom mountain is the big mountain that overlooks &embraces Sanaa city. Exploding like crazy.
6:08 PM - 11 May 2015

More at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/05/11/watch-terrible-destruction-seen-after-air-strike-in-yemens-capital/

The video's showing the strike are quite terrifying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 12, 2015 10:55 am

Thank you for that Sassy.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 10:56 am

This is a photo shop made to look bigger

Yemen Today CEwDeTFUkAEIEHG

Not denying the event happened, but you can see this explosion is way out of proportion to the one in the video and this photo is if it is coming from the mountain top.
Look at the different shots, all the others are at the base of the mountain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 11:00 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Thank you for that Sassy.

Beginning to think that the world is going to hell in a handcart. In all my years I have never known such inhumanity infect everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 12, 2015 11:04 am

risingsun wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Thank you for that Sassy.

Beginning to think that the world is going to hell in a handcart.   In all my years I have never known such inhumanity infect everywhere.

I know. It's so hard to keep up with all these awful wars. I'm just reading about these Houthis - Shia Muslims, yes?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down