NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy

2 posters

Go down

Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy  Empty Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Using the Turin Shroud, the supposed burial cloth of Jesus, police investigators have generated a photo-fit image from the negative facial image on the material

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/italian-police-reveal-what-jesus-looked-like-as-a-young-boy-10223989.html

Back to top Go down

Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy  Empty Re: Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2015 4:43 pm

Meh...it's an old mug shot.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy  Empty Re: Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2015 4:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:Meh...it's an old mug shot.

What really stands out here more than anything to me here seeing the pictures they created for Jesus being younger, with the claim the picture found in the shroud is claimed by Christians to be Jesus? Is does that picture remind you more of European looking facial features or more Semitic looking facial features? Notice also how they darken their hair and eyes to look more Semitic the more back in time the pictures go, yet the facial features look to me more European.
What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Meh...it's an old mug shot.

What really stands out here more than anything to me here seeing the pictures they created for Jesus being younger, with the claim the picture found in the shroud is claimed by Christians to be Jesus? Is does that picture remind you more of European looking facial features or more Semitic looking facial features? Notice also how they darken their hair and eyes to look more Semitic the more back in time the pictures go, yet the facial features look to me more European.
What do you think?

Absolutely. These kinds of things have a built in bias toward ethnocentrism. Forensic artistry is therefore suspect as evidence in a court of law.

And yes, people are all to accepting of the shroud. The question of identity aside, what process created it? It sounds like one of the magic tricks of the old man in the sky.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

What do you think?

Absolutely.  These kinds of things have a built in bias toward ethnocentrism.  Forensic artistry is therefore suspect as evidence in a court of law.

And yes, people are all to accepting of the shroud.  The question of identity aside, what process created it?  It sounds like one of the magic tricks of the old man in the sky.

Agreed. I mean how poor is that they make up the brown eye colour and actually darken the hair to make him appear more Semitic, yet they cannot do anything with the facial features, as this would create to much of a change.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Quill, please stop using such long words such as "ethnocentrism" I keep having to get up and fetch my Dictionary, thank you.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2015 7:38 pm

nicko wrote:Quill, please stop using such long words such as "ethnocentrism" I keep having to get up and fetch my Dictionary,  thank you.

Umm...earth to nicko.  You have a computer right in front of you.  Guess what you can do with it? Rolling Eyes

Shocked   No not that! Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy  1780941361  It's called research...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Quill, if I have to leave the subject I am reading on my laptop to check something else on my laptop I can never get back to what I was doing. [ It's my age you know]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2015 10:20 pm

nicko wrote:Quill, if I have to leave the subject I am reading on my laptop to check something else on my laptop I can never get back to what I was doing. [ It's my age you know]

Press Ctrl N and you will get a new window. From there just go to Google or whatever search engine you wish. You can go back and forth between the two open windows either by use of the bar at the bottom, or by pressing alt tab simultaneously and scrolling through all open windows.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down