NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Liquid Body Armour Is Finally Ready For The Frontline

2 posters

Go down

New Liquid Body Armour Is Finally Ready For The Frontline Empty New Liquid Body Armour Is Finally Ready For The Frontline

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Scientists have developed a non-Newtonian liquid so effective that when implemented into body armour, can not only stop a bullet, but prevent the shockwave from causing potentially lethal internal damage.
Called a Shear-Thickening-Fluid (STF), the liquid was developed by Polish company Moratex and its inventors at the Military Institute of Armament Technology in Warsaw.
Non-Newtonian liquids certainly aren't new, however the Polish company believes that it has finally perfected the composition needed to create a military-ready product.
Deputy Director for Research at the Moratex institute, Marcin Struszczyk spoke to Reuters about the announcement saying: "We needed to find, design a liquid that functions both with projectiles hitting at the velocity of 450 meters per second and higher. We have succeeded,"
One of the biggest problems about current body armour is that while it can stop the bullet, the shockwave can still cause potentially lethal damage to the internal organs. Struszczyk and his team believe they have solved this problem.
"Thanks to the properties of the liquid, thanks to the proper formation of the insert, we eliminate one hundred percent of this threat because we have reduced the deflection from four centimeters to one centimeter."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/04/07/new-liquid-body-armour-is-finally-read-for-the-frontline_n_7016174.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

New Liquid Body Armour Is Finally Ready For The Frontline Empty Re: New Liquid Body Armour Is Finally Ready For The Frontline

Post by eddie Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:55 pm

I have a liquid body armour. It's called whiskey.
When I drink that I become invincible. cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

New Liquid Body Armour Is Finally Ready For The Frontline Empty Re: New Liquid Body Armour Is Finally Ready For The Frontline

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:09 am

eddie wrote:I have a liquid body armour. It's called whiskey.
When I drink that I become invincible. cheers

But you also have to wear your Cardinal Chunder hat too, do you not?

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:51 am

AH yes! I forgot about the hat!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down