NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fear of spiders became part of our DNA during evolution, say scientists

Go down

Fear of spiders became part of our DNA during evolution, say scientists  Empty Fear of spiders became part of our DNA during evolution, say scientists

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:21 am

Arachnophobia could be a product of human evolution, according to new research.

Spiders presented such a great danger to humans during the early evolutionary stages that a fear of the species became part of our DNA.
In Africa, early in human evolution, those with a keen ability to spot the creatures outlived their less wary counterparts, according to The Sunday Times.
Joshua New of Columbia University in New York said:  “A number of spider species with potent, vertebrate-specific venoms populated Africa long before hominoids... and have co-existed there for tens of millions of years.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/fear-of-spiders-became-part-of-our-dna-during-evolution-say-scientists-10156573.html

Back to top Go down

Fear of spiders became part of our DNA during evolution, say scientists  Empty Re: Fear of spiders became part of our DNA during evolution, say scientists

Post by eddie Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Why did you have to go and mention blody spiders Didge??? Pfffffff
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Fear of spiders became part of our DNA during evolution, say scientists  Empty Re: Fear of spiders became part of our DNA during evolution, say scientists

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:45 pm

eddie wrote:Why did you have to go and mention blody spiders Didge??? Pfffffff

To show that this fear is probably part of evolution. In other words it was posted to show in your favour how natural this fear is in humans

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:35 pm

Brasidas wrote:
eddie wrote:Why did you have to go and mention blody spiders Didge??? Pfffffff

To show that this fear is probably part of evolution. In other words it was posted to show in your favour how natural this fear is in humans

Well now all Youve done is remind me of spiders!
And I have a slight hangover today Sad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:40 pm

eddie wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

lol, no sympathy if self inflicted.
Though I am sure you had the best time clearly judged by you having a hangover. Laughing
Have a wonderful evening, help yourself to a nice glass of Red, with some comfort food and have yourself a good nights rest.

See you tomorrow. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Brasidas wrote:
eddie wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

lol, no sympathy if self inflicted.
Though I am sure you had the best time clearly judged by you having a hangover. Laughing
Have a wonderful evening, help yourself to a nice glass of Red, with some comfort food and have yourself a good nights rest.

See you tomorrow. Laughing

Hahahaha can't stand the thought of wine at the mo No

Food sounds good though cheers

See you tomorrow didge x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down