NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tory Lies over Sure Start Centres

4 posters

Go down

Tory Lies over Sure Start Centres Empty Tory Lies over Sure Start Centres

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:34 am

Tories spent the last election campaign (see pic) telling us SureStart was safe with them.

Picture from 2010 Campaign:

Tory Lies over Sure Start Centres CBkdk3GW4AEKB70

Then they axed 816 centres

Tory Lies over Sure Start Centres CBknsdWXIAAnCmC

LIARS, NEVER TRUST A TORY

Back to top Go down

Tory Lies over Sure Start Centres Empty Re: Tory Lies over Sure Start Centres

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:39 am

There's no need for Sure Start anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:50 am

Sometimes Rags, you come out with stuff that is just stupid. They were started for a reason, to help the most disadvantaged and they made a huge difference to the life of those children and familes. The children then did better in school etc. You really ought to look at the improvements that the Centres made to the lives of children before you come out with rubbish like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:57 am

Raggamuffin wrote:There's no need for Sure Start anyway.

You are correct, as they have been found to have little or no benefit, where again the fail families in most needs. A better system needs to be devised as this has been an utter failing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:59 am

risingsun wrote:Sometimes Rags, you come out with stuff that is just stupid.   They were started for a reason, to help the most disadvantaged and they made a huge difference to the life of those children and familes.   The children then did better in school etc.    You really ought to look at the improvements that the Centres made to the lives of children before you come out with rubbish like that.

I don't think what I said is stupid. Governments are always coming up with schemes to help people, but it all costs money, and there's no reason why people can't help themselves. I get fed up of all this nannying going on. What did people do before Sure Start? They just got on with it, or made friends with other people so they could help each other.

Oh, and I think that a lot of the things you say are stupid too, so don't talk down to me please.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Yea, they started them for fun because they like spending money and children, health and mental health professionals are furious about them being cut because they just like making a fuss. Good grief!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:10 pm

risingsun wrote:Yea, they started them for fun because they like spending money and children, health and mental health professionals are furious about them being cut because they just like making a fuss.  Good grief!

They start half these things to impress the voters IMO. What's wrong with going to the doctor if one has health and mental health issues?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:14 pm

Anything to do with the Tory's sassy will find the negatives,

anything to do with the Israel's sassy will find the negatives.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:10 pm

The point here is that Cameron lied about not cutting Sure Start just like he lied about not ending EMA.
Sure Start was a beacon of light in a sea of darkness for so many people and Cameron extinguished that light in a flurry of cuts against the very people that played no part in the financial meltdown caused by the bankers, the hedge fund managers and the people that stashed their cash in offshore tax havens out of sight from the taxman.

He lied.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:11 pm

This was a Tory Website in 2010 that they have since taken off the net:

Tory Lies over Sure Start Centres CBkedynWMAAXjaS

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:44 am

risingsun wrote:Sometimes Rags, you come out with stuff that is just stupid.   They were started for a reason, to help the most disadvantaged and they made a huge difference to the life of those children and familes.   The children then did better in school etc.    You really ought to look at the improvements that the Centres made to the lives of children before you come out with rubbish like that.

i quite  agree sassy!

I have worked closely, in a professional capacity, with sure start over the years and I can tell that over the last five, our three main centres have suffered extremely badly, almost to the point of closure!

It has become volunteer-run and staff have been removed to do "other duties" that have less to do with families and more to do with figures.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:47 am

And Raggs? I often find people who haven't experienced something personally make the most irrelavant  claims tbh.
If you had children, or worked with children, you'd understand how important SureStart is to local families.
They provide a really valuable service.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:06 am

eddie wrote:And Raggs? I often find people who haven't experienced something personally make the most irrelavant  claims tbh.
If you had children, or worked with children,  you'd understand how important SureStart is to local families.

How do you know I don't have children, or that I don't work with children?

My view is based largely on my dislike of this "nannying" attitude once again.

Forums are full of people either saying that you must experience something personally to have a valid point of view, or people saying that having personal experience makes you biased and unable to see the bigger picture.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:And Raggs? I often find people who haven't experienced something personally make the most irrelavant  claims tbh.
If you had children, or worked with children,  you'd understand how important SureStart is to local families.

How do you know I don't have children, or that I don't work with children?

My view is based largely on my dislike of this "nannying" attitude once again.

Forums are full of people either saying that you must experience something personally to have a valid point of view, or people saying that having personal experience makes you biased and unable to see the bigger picture.

Actually in hindsight Raggs, that came across as rude. My point was, unless you have a real sense of what these centres do for families, then it's kinda hard to imagine what it feels like without them?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down