NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Downey Jr. Gives 7-Year-Old Boy His Very Own 'Iron Man' Bionic Arm

Go down

Robert Downey Jr. Gives 7-Year-Old Boy His Very Own 'Iron Man' Bionic Arm Empty Robert Downey Jr. Gives 7-Year-Old Boy His Very Own 'Iron Man' Bionic Arm

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 am

A boy who was born with a partially developed arm was recently given a special “Iron Man”-themed prosthetic limb -- from none other than Tony Stark himself.
In the video above, watch the moving moment when 7-year-old Alex walks into a room to find actor Robert Downey Jr., as his “Iron Man” alter ego, waiting for him.
Downey was there to present Alex with a 3D-printed bionic arm, which was designed by Albert Manero, a doctoral student in mechanical engineering at the University of Central Florida. Manero is the senior director of Limbitless Solutions, a volunteer organization that designs open-source 3D-printed limbs and donates them to children in need.
“[I] had the absolute privilege of presenting a brand spanking new 3D-printed bionic ‘Iron Man’ arm to Alex, the most dapper 7-year-old I’ve ever met,” Downey wrote on Facebook after the heartwarming meeting, which was captured on film by Microsoft’s “The Collective Project.”
The actor went on to thank Manero and Microsoft “for their work making artificial limbs like this more affordable for families with kids who want to show the playground how badass they are.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/12/robert-downey-jr-iron-man-arm_n_6860990.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news

Back to top Go down

Robert Downey Jr. Gives 7-Year-Old Boy His Very Own 'Iron Man' Bionic Arm Empty Re: Robert Downey Jr. Gives 7-Year-Old Boy His Very Own 'Iron Man' Bionic Arm

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:05 pm

It's nice that he does this and all...but I just wish he would stay off the drugs.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down