NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gorilla rescued from Bangkok zoo on shopping centre's seventh floor after 28 years in captivity

3 posters

Go down

Gorilla rescued from Bangkok zoo on shopping centre's seventh floor after 28 years in captivity  Empty Gorilla rescued from Bangkok zoo on shopping centre's seventh floor after 28 years in captivity

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:14 am

A gorilla held on the seventh floor of a concrete department store in Thailand for 28 years is finally being released.

The primate Bua Noi, which means Little Lotus, has been in Bangkok’s Pata department store since 1987 alongside tigers, leopards, monkeys and apes – who are made to perform to visitors.

An online petition, started last year, calling for all the animals to be released has been signed by almost 50,000 people.

Thai authorities have decided that the zoo break several laws and has ordered the removal of Bua Noi and the other animals, the Daily Mirror reported.

Unfortunately, the female gorilla has lived in captivity – and alone – for so long that campaigners fear she will never be able to be released to the wild.

It remains unclear what will happen to the other animals, including an orangutan and her baby, a chimpanzee, a black panther, two leopards and four black bears, but it is thought they will also be rehomed.

Despite Bua Noi’s long stretch in captivity information on her breed remains scare.

If she is a mountain gorilla she is one of the most endangered species on the planet, one of approximately only 700 left on earth - most of which live in the Virunga mountains in central Africa.

Conservationists are unsure of the exact numbers of Lowland Gorillas. They inhabit inaccessible areas of rainforests in western Africa but are classified as an endangered species.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/gorilla-rescued-from-bangkok-zoo-on-shopping-centres-seventh-floor-after-28-years-in-captivity-10108149.html

The horrors we inflict on animals are never ending.

Back to top Go down

Gorilla rescued from Bangkok zoo on shopping centre's seventh floor after 28 years in captivity  Empty Re: Gorilla rescued from Bangkok zoo on shopping centre's seventh floor after 28 years in captivity

Post by nicko Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:27 am

All zoo's should be closed except for the preservation of endangered species.

And while I'm "at it", no animals in Circuses either!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Gorilla rescued from Bangkok zoo on shopping centre's seventh floor after 28 years in captivity  Empty Re: Gorilla rescued from Bangkok zoo on shopping centre's seventh floor after 28 years in captivity

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:29 am

Its not really a zoo, and I'm sorry to say that a large part of the reason they would let the animals go is that its a failing department store. Sadly the actual zoo in Bangkok (Dusit zoo) doesn't appear to treat some of its animals well either.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:45 pm

I think the most awful thing in the world is the Chinese dog meat festival, where they literally boil thousands of dogs alive.

There are big campaigns to stop it in China, but so far it has gone ahead every year. Every time I hear something about it, it makes me cry, because only people in China can stop it Although there are petitions all over the world, so far they have done no good.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:08 pm

I saw some video of men beating dogs with iron bars and throwing them, some still alive, into a large pot of boiling water.A man said, with a smile, "it makes it easier to skin them" I would have no hesitation in throwing him in as well. Sick fucks.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:22 pm

nicko wrote:All zoo's should be closed except for the preservation of endangered species.

And while I'm "at it",  no animals in Circuses either!

well said Nicko!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:52 pm

nicko wrote:I saw some video of men beating dogs with iron bars and throwing them, some still alive, into a large pot of boiling water.A man said, with a smile, "it makes it easier to skin them" I would have no hesitation in throwing him in as well.  Sick  fucks.

Heartbreaking Nicko Gorilla rescued from Bangkok zoo on shopping centre's seventh floor after 28 years in captivity  Cry_ti10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down