NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Romans invented Jesus!

2 posters

Go down

The Romans invented Jesus! Empty The Romans invented Jesus!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:14 pm

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will be part of a one-day symposium entitled "Covert Messiah" at Conway Hall in Holborn (full details can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com).

Although to many scholars his theory seems outlandish, and is sure to upset some believers, Atwill regards his evidence as conclusive and is confident its acceptance is only a matter of time. "I present my work with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any harm," he acknowledges, "but this is important for our culture. Alert citizens need to know the truth about our past so we can understand how and why governments create false histories and false gods. They often do it to obtain a social order that is against the best interests of the common people."

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. "Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century," he explains. "When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

Was Jesus based on a real person from history? "The short answer is no," Atwill insists, "in fact he may be the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once those sources are all laid bare, there's simply nothing left."

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

I've always thought that religion was the earliest form of law, and designed to control the masses!

Back to top Go down

The Romans invented Jesus! Empty Re: The Romans invented Jesus!

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:20 pm

That sounds just a bit tinfoil-hatty to me, not to say I'm discounting it entirely. What I think it does is raise a really good question -- if religions, especially those based on Earthlings and their teachings, like (supposedly) Jesus, along with Mohammed and Buddha, aren't legit (and let's face it, they couldn't all be even if one was), how did they actually originate?

Makes you wonder if those figures were (shudder) something more like this guy and just happened to be lucky enough to be born into an age of superstition rather than an age of reason ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:20 pm

I though that was accepted fact, Jesus isn't even a real name but a Romainastion of something else (we are not sure possibly Joshua)

Emperor Constantine Clearly made the bible a whole 3 centuries after the 'Jesus' charater was supposed to live.
it is a Politicalised state religon created by the Roman Emporer credited with bringing Giving the Roman Empire another 2 centuries and Byzantine Empire 5 centuries.

@ben
Non Monothiest religions fit to gether much better.
Buddhism is part of both Hinduism and Chinese Zen
Buddha is accepted as one of the many Reincarnations of Krishna
And play equal parts with Taoism and Confuscism to create Chinese Zen philosphy

In saying that Buddhism is exactly like Christianity in that it became a state religion and got perveted by political power structures. one only has to look at the variety of Buddhist customs from India , Tibet, Thailand and China to see that it has been incorporated with local traditions and Power Structures so that each is a unique form of worship.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down