NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan pediatrician: God doesn’t want me to treat your baby because you’re lesbians

Go down

Michigan pediatrician: God doesn’t want me to treat your baby because you’re lesbians Empty Michigan pediatrician: God doesn’t want me to treat your baby because you’re lesbians

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:55 am

A Detroit-area pediatrician has refused to treat a baby girl because the child’s parents are a same-sex couple.
According to MyFoxDetroit.com, Krista and Jami Contreras got a shock when they brought their newborn daughter Bay Windsor Contreras to Dr. Vesna Roi for her first medical visit.
In spite of the fact that they had set up an appointment with Dr. Roi well in advance, they were met by a different physician, who informed them, “I’ll be your doctor, I’ll be seeing you today because Dr. Roi decided this morning that she prayed on it and she won’t be able to care for Bay.”

Krista and Jami were shocked.
“As far as we know Bay doesn’t have a sexual orientation yet,” said Jami to Fox Channel 2, “so I’m not really sure what that matters.”
The couple — who were married in Vermont in 2012 — had a home birth in October after meeting with Roi for a prenatal consultation. At the time, said Krista, everything seemed fine.
“We were really happy with her,” she said. “The kind of care she offered, we liked her personality, she seemed pretty friendly. She seemed pretty straight up with us.”
That made the snub by Dr. Roi all the more painful and unexpected, the women said, that their child should face discrimination on her sixth day of life.
“We’re not your patient — she’s your patient,” Jami told Channel 2. “And the fact is that your job is to keep babies healthy and you can’t keep a baby healthy that has gay parents?”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/michigan-pediatrician-god-doesnt-want-me-to-treat-your-baby-because-youre-lesbians/

Words fail me on this, how someone who's profession is to help people medically, can refuse to check an innoncent baby. All again off their own view to their religious belief.
Disgusting on every level.

Back to top Go down

Michigan pediatrician: God doesn’t want me to treat your baby because you’re lesbians Empty Re: Michigan pediatrician: God doesn’t want me to treat your baby because you’re lesbians

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:05 pm

There are loonies all over. It's his prerogative.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Michigan pediatrician: God doesn’t want me to treat your baby because you’re lesbians Empty Re: Michigan pediatrician: God doesn’t want me to treat your baby because you’re lesbians

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:37 pm

It wouldnt be here.....he could get struck off over here for that.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Quite right, Be up before the GMC and struck off in a very short space of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:35 am

That's why I mention it...to point out how arbitrary healthcare in this country can be...certainly not to be a cheerleader.

In America, medical care is delivered via the market system.  Even Obamacare is a market-based delivery system, albeit with controls.  The sooner we get off the market system in this country, and go to a single payer system, the better.  That will put healthcare in the hands of government and they can govern situations like this...frankly, because they would be paying for it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down