NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate'

3 posters

Go down

Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate' Empty Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate'

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:08 pm

A Saudi cleric has drawn ridicule on social media after claiming that the Earth does not rotate, and that the Sun orbits the Earth. Sheikh Bandar al-Khaibari, answering questions from students at a university in the United Arab Emirates on Sunday, told his audience the Earth is "stationary and does not move".

To prove his point, Mr Khaibari launched into a convoluted effort to explain his theory using the example of an airplane flying to China. "If we leave Sharjah airport on an international flight to China... the Earth is rotating, right?" he asked sarcastically. "So, if the plane stops still on air, wouldn't China be coming towards it? True or not?" "If the Earth rotates on the other direction, the plane will not be able to reach China, because China is also rotating as the plane rotates."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/11419428/Watch-Saudi-cleric-tells-students-Earth-does-not-rotate.html

Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate' 3489511464

cosmic

Back to top Go down

Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate' Empty Re: Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate'

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate' Post-6399-MRW-I-finally-realise-what-MRW-Whyg

Back to top Go down

Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate' Empty Re: Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate'

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Brasidas wrote:A Saudi cleric has drawn ridicule on social media after claiming that the Earth does not rotate, and that the Sun orbits the Earth. Sheikh Bandar al-Khaibari, answering questions from students at a university in the United Arab Emirates on Sunday, told his audience the Earth is "stationary and does not move".

To prove his point, Mr Khaibari launched into a convoluted effort to explain his theory using the example of an airplane flying to China. "If we leave Sharjah airport on an international flight to China... the Earth is rotating, right?" he asked sarcastically. "So, if the plane stops still on air, wouldn't China be coming towards it? True or not?" "If the Earth rotates on the other direction, the plane will not be able to reach China, because China is also rotating as the plane rotates."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/11419428/Watch-Saudi-cleric-tells-students-Earth-does-not-rotate.html

Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate' 3489511464

cosmic

Well, actually the earth stumbled and took a fall last month, making it seem that the sun was rotating around it. It is convalescing right now, and will be back in a week or two.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:06 pm

well Islam IS a scientific "authority" (id you ask zack that is....) Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate' 3489511464 Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate' 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:07 pm

actually one shouldnt laugh...these are the cnuts that want to "rule the earth for allah".

ye gods.......

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:26 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
darknessss wrote:well Islam IS a scientific "authority"  (id you ask zack that is....) Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate' 3489511464 Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate' 3489511464

Show me the things he said are in the Quran?

That will answer your question. Lol!

Don't worry, we all know you don't have the intellectual capacity to reply. Thus proving my point: you are ignorant.

Emotive again
Errr he is meant to be an Islamic Cleric and a representative of Islam is he not?.
So would it not be prudent for the Muslim world to denounce his ridiculous claims as unscientific then and basically lying.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Emotive again
Errr he is meant to be an Islamic Cleric and a representative of Islam is he not?.
So would it not be prudent for the Muslim world to denounce his ridiculous claims as unscientific then and basically lying.?

Lol! Again you feel compelled to reply to my posts.

Just because he's a cleric doesn't mean he's correct or even being Islamic. Show me in the Quran any of the points he has mentioned. Help Vic out.

I told you, that you are my test experiment on posters emotions.
So far the results are exceeding my expectations
So you am not concerned about Islamic scholars spreading falseness about Islam then?
That is very odd indeed I have to say

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:48 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

I told you, that you are my test experiment on posters emotions.
So far the results are exceeding my expectations
So you am not concerned about Islamic scholars spreading falseness about Islam then?
That is very odd indeed I have to say

You have failed to respond to my question and help Vic out.

And await your test results with baited breath.

What about your question to Victor?
I have made no claim to this being in the uran and actually asked your different points on this, which you are avoiding.
No problems if you do not want to answer, this is your choice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

I have made no claim to this being in the uran and actually asked your different points on this, which you are avoiding.

You tried to claim his views represent Islam just because he calls himself a cleric.

So show me where in the Quran that backs up his view.

At least Vic had the intelligence to run away from this thread.  But we all know what a coward he is.

As for your question : this thread is not about ISIS. Stop diverting. Start another thread of you want.

I claim he is a representative of islam and yet comes out with babble
I never said his views came from the Quran but he is certainly a teacher of islam
So you are running around like a headless chicken and still avoiding watch has been asked of you

Tra again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Brasidas wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Don't worry, we all know you don't have the intellectual capacity to reply. Thus proving my point: you are ignorant.

Emotive again

Here is my first post again for you to answer which you avoided from the start the to questions posed to you

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

You tried to claim his views represent Islam just because he calls himself a cleric.

So show me where in the Quran that backs up his view.

At least Vic had the intelligence to run away from this thread.  But we all know what a coward he is.

you know what zack...you are a nasty little gobshite...whith your psychobabble "emotions" and your "lack of empathy" what you are is a troll.....

I didnt actually run anywhere......

I was working on a post i had hoped might just elicit a decent response from someone so obviously learned in islam as yourself Rolling Eyes

As for your question : this thread is not about ISIS. Stop diverting. Start another thread of you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:05 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
darknessss wrote:well Islam IS a scientific "authority"  (id you ask zack that is....) Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate' 3489511464 Watch: Saudi cleric tells students 'Earth does not rotate' 3489511464

and you are downright rude..however....

there is nothing in the quoran that anyone has ever demonstrated to me shows any scientific knowlege beyond what was known at the time (from contemporary sources) AND nothing i it is any more scientifically accurate that whet is in the bible

though I freely admit that it is a well known fact that in many areas...especially medical and perhaps mathematical...the arabic people tended to be somewhat more advanced than their neighbours (thank you for nothing...literally....zero or ...more pointedly 0)  have you EVER tried doing even simple arithmetic with roman numerals?????

oh and IF you cliam there IS advance science in the quoran...it is up to YOU to find it and show me....NOT for me to find the lack of it......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:08 pm

darknessss wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

there is nothing in the quoran that anyone has ever demonstrated to me shows any scientific knowlege beyond what was known at the time (from contemporary sources) AND nothing i it is any more scientifically accurate that whet is in the bible

though I freely admit that it is a well known fact that in many areas...especially medical and perhaps mathematical...the arabic people tended to be somewhat more advanced than their neighbours (thank you for nothing...literally....zero or ...more pointedly 0)  have you EVER tried doing even simple arithmetic with roman numerals?????

oh and IF you cliam there IS advance science in the quoran...it is up to YOU to find it and show me....NOT for me to find the lack of it......

They plagiarized the concept of Zero

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amir-aczel/worlds-first-zero_b_3276709.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:18 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
darknessss wrote:

I was referring to the points made by the cleric. You can't show me his views are in scripture.

Therefore you are wrong. That simple.

you know what Zack...and its a pity really...you "lack of empathy" also leaves a BIG hole where your sense of humor should be...you take yourself FAR to seriously....and get all twisted up....far too easily.....

it is obvious to me the guy is a berk.....just like the american "creationists" and their preposterous ideas.....

take a chill pill.......

or a cold bath...whatever.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:27 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
darknessss wrote:

you know what Zack...and its a pity really...you "lack of empathy" also leaves a BIG hole where your sense of humor should be...you take yourself FAR to seriously....and get all twisted up....far too easily.....

it is obvious to me the guy is a berk.....just like the american "creationists" and their preposterous ideas.....

take a chill pill.......

or a cold bath...whatever.....

Since when did a lack of empathy equate to having no humour.

I'm much funnier than you. I find that insulting. ;-)

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:36 pm

He's a laugh a minute is our zack.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down