NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Muslims Among The Most Deprived In The Country, Finds Landmark Report

3 posters

Go down

British Muslims Among The Most Deprived In The Country, Finds Landmark Report Empty British Muslims Among The Most Deprived In The Country, Finds Landmark Report

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:47 pm

A landmark report based on census data from 2001 and 2011, the first to ask respondents what religion they practiced, has been called the "most comprehensive" study yet on Britain's Muslim population.
A detailed infographic reveals the research from The Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), which found serious deprivation for Muslims in Britain, but also that three quarters call themselves "British" rather than "British Muslim".

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/12/british-Muslims-facts_n_6670234.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Insightful report this and it is also poor that many Muslims are within deprived areas, though that certainly is not the full stop on that point as some Muslims will play a part as to why.
What was poor about this report is what it left out.
How many want criminal sharia law?
A breakdown of what Islamic sect doctrine that Muslims are following? This will be a key factor playing a part on there being a high level of deprivation for Muslims on the issue where Wahhbism may hold sway. As in an already Wahhbist large following, will clearly hold back Muslim women moving into jobs, preaching them to stay at home and not work. Wahhabism teaches inequality and as we have seen Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, the Taliban, ISIS and the vast majority of the other Islamic terrorist groups all follow Wahhabism ideology also..
This is beneficial this report because we need to do far more as already stated, but we also need to stop ignoring one of the fundamental problems that is creating a divide in many countries including Britain, which is?
You guessed it Wahhabism doctrine. Again the Quran still needs to be reformed and Islam needs a reformation, butwe have to stop any pro Wahhabism doctrine and ideology being taught in Schools as this ideology is at odds with Western Democracy, Law, Culture equality etc.,

Back to top Go down

British Muslims Among The Most Deprived In The Country, Finds Landmark Report Empty Re: British Muslims Among The Most Deprived In The Country, Finds Landmark Report

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:04 pm

didge...look at the "source" of tis report....personally I wouldnt trust it.

Back to top Go down

British Muslims Among The Most Deprived In The Country, Finds Landmark Report Empty Re: British Muslims Among The Most Deprived In The Country, Finds Landmark Report

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:06 pm

its like the vatican telling us how virtuous catholics are...
its like cameron telling us how good the tories are
its like red ed telling us how good labour are....

pffft

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Why do you automatically assume they're lying? I agree, double check reports like this, but there shouldn't be the automatic assumption that they're lying.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Why do you automatically assume they're lying? I agree, double check reports like this, but there shouldn't be the automatic assumption that they're lying.

they have "a vested interest".......so yes I automatically assume they are "over egging the pudding" so to speak....

now IF this had been produced by the ONS then i might view it differently

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Oh, the poor dears. Tell you what, let's send 'em back where they they came from, they might benefit from no employment, no freedom of expression, no equal rights for the women, no free handouts from social services, no free food from food banks...and various other benefits our society offers them.

Sorry but I have no sympathy for migrants who benefit fom our society which we've worked hard for. Please, don't tell me they're British citizens...rubbish, they might have a piece of paper saying they're British citizens but with their religion and way of life they'll never be British.

stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:43 pm

STAR!!!!!!

You will be hung drawn and castigated for that Shocked pale affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Hmmmm. I'm not too sure about that report either if I'm honest.
Has anyone been to Jaywick in  essex (poorest area in England) and all the housing estates round inner london?

Mostly, predominantly, white English (Jaywick has no Muslims at all far as I'm aware)

Last edited by eddie on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Stardesk, after that post, which I have to say made me feel quite sick, lets have a look at some of the other things it said.:

The MCB study showed that 73% of UK Muslims used only the word 'British' to define their national identity, rather than entering a more complex answer such as "British Muslim" or "British Iraqi".

Shuja Shafi, secretary general of the MCB, told The Huffington Post UK that the research proved British Muslims were "proud to be British".

The findings come after growing Islamophobia in the UK and some negative media coverage of the faith, as well as calls implying Muslims should "prove" their 'Britishness' by sporting symbols like hijabs decorated with a Union Flag or remembrance day poppies.

Shafi said: “We would certainly say that there is no doubt in our minds that British Muslims identify themselves as British and are proud to be British.”

“The figures show that just under half – 47% - of them are born in Britain. It’s a very young population, therefore, a young population who are born here and identify and regard themselves as British.”

Same link.

So, are the Jews who hold their Jewish courts, the women wear wigs, sit separately to the men in synagogue and hold their Passover feasts etc British?  Yes of course they are.

I have immigrants in my family, my great grandmother, does that mean I'm not British?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:52 pm

But the area is relatively isolated and the properties have deteriorated. A total of 62% of working age residents receive benefits, compared with the national average of 15%. It is in a high

Jaywick in Essex

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2011/mar/29/jaywick-essex-resort-most-deprived
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:20 pm

That is one very smal area in a larger area that is not in the least deprived. Yes, it is the most deprived but tiny. The areas they are talking about are much larger and just as deprived.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:13 pm

darknessss wrote:didge...look at the "source" of tis report....personally I wouldnt trust it.

Victor most of the data if not all has come from the 2011 census, so its out of date for a start.
Like I said its a concern because a substantial amount of Muslims are being disadvantaged.Some of the Muslims helped play a part in this as stated before.
The point is this report does not help further any integration when it does not include other aspects like I mentioned earlier. We need to understand the scale of the problem extremism or Wahhabism. You can then work on starting to be able to solve and target areas where you know need help.

Anyway hope to catch up tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down