NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new anti-semitism: Treat racial hatred trolls like sex offenders and hit them with 'internet asbos', MPs propose

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The new anti-semitism: Treat racial hatred trolls like sex offenders and hit them with 'internet asbos', MPs propose  - Page 2 Empty The new anti-semitism: Treat racial hatred trolls like sex offenders and hit them with 'internet asbos', MPs propose

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:53 am

First topic message reminder :

People who post racial hatred on social media should be treated like sex offenders and served with “internet asbos” banning them social networking sites and preventing them from hiding behind fake identities, a group of MPs alarmed by rising anti-semitism have proposed.

The MPs warn that racist abuse and violence directed at Jewish people in the UK is twice as common now as in the 1990s. Polling evidence commissioned by the panel shows that 37 per cent of the public think that anti-Semitism is more prevalent than it was 10 years ago.
A study by the Community Security Trust, a Jewish charity, logged numerous anti-Semitic posts on social media during the Israeli military action in Gaza in July and August, including the appearance of “Hitler was right” as a hashtag.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/the-new-antisemitism-treat-racial-hatred-trolls-like-sex-offenders-and-hit-them-with-internet-asbos-mps-propose-10032580.html

Back to top Go down

The new anti-semitism: Treat racial hatred trolls like sex offenders and hit them with 'internet asbos', MPs propose  - Page 2 Empty Re: The new anti-semitism: Treat racial hatred trolls like sex offenders and hit them with 'internet asbos', MPs propose

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:02 pm

darknessss wrote:OK didge...I think I see your difficulty
so ...someone reports a facebook or twitter post for racist commentary
the authorities look at it and say yep thats naughty...bust him
now
here's your "evidence"   a facebook page
now I'm no lawyer....but I bet I know more about law than you.....
that "evidence" would NOT stand up in court
all the alleged poster needs to say is "nope, it were not me"
now...over to you as the prosecution.....
YOU PROVE it in fact was him that made that post , and NOT some one who has hacked his account.....
(which is dead easy to do)

You PROVE it wasnt someone who "parasitised" (veya can explain this better than me) his IP address by hacking his router security (which is relatively easy I understand)

If he'is careful there need be no trace on his computer

and without the data from the service provider....(who as veya says may not be inclined to hand it over) you are stuffed....

this is hot air and noise.....and will do sod all except sound good and cost a fortune....

I can give you two examples that it can.

Judge Riddle said the ceasefire at 11am on 11 November 1918 had "huge significance" for Britain and marked the end of a "terrible war".
He added: "Against that background, interrupting the two minutes' silence by chanting 'British soldiers burn in hell', followed by the burning of poppies, is behaviour that is bound to be seen as insulting."
The court was previously told that the grandson of a World War II soldier felt "sick inside" as Muslim extremists burned replica poppies.
Tony Kibble said: "Halfway through, I looked up to see what was going on around and I saw a ball of fire fall to the ground. Literally, my stomach turned over.
"I felt sick inside. It is something that means so much to me and to see what I believed to be a wreath of poppies fall to the ground - it is just despicable."
Judge Riddle called Mr Kibble a "mild-mannered" man who had impressed him as a member of the public with "typical feelings" about Remembrance Day.
He said that freedom of expression was not unlimited.
Video footage of the incident was shown to the court

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12664346

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jun/21/facebook-incite-riots-mitchell-stancombe

Back to top Go down

The new anti-semitism: Treat racial hatred trolls like sex offenders and hit them with 'internet asbos', MPs propose  - Page 2 Empty Re: The new anti-semitism: Treat racial hatred trolls like sex offenders and hit them with 'internet asbos', MPs propose

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Brasidas wrote:
darknessss wrote:OK didge...I think I see your difficulty
so ...someone reports a facebook or twitter post for racist commentary
the authorities look at it and say yep thats naughty...bust him
now
here's your "evidence"   a facebook page
now I'm no lawyer....but I bet I know more about law than you.....
that "evidence" would NOT stand up in court
all the alleged poster needs to say is "nope, it were not me"
now...over to you as the prosecution.....
YOU PROVE it in fact was him that made that post , and NOT some one who has hacked his account.....
(which is dead easy to do)

You PROVE it wasnt someone who "parasitised" (veya can explain this better than me) his IP address by hacking his router security (which is relatively easy I understand)

If he'is careful there need be no trace on his computer

and without the data from the service provider....(who as veya says may not be inclined to hand it over) you are stuffed....

this is hot air and noise.....and will do sod all except sound good and cost a fortune....

I can give you two examples that it can.

didge they were "physical examples...NOT internet "hate speech" on a social network.....

they were proveable and witnessed that is to say "the act" was witnessed....

in the scenario I posted...you have no proof.....remember "beyond a shadow of doubt"

Judge Riddle said the ceasefire at 11am on 11 November 1918 had "huge significance" for Britain and marked the end of a "terrible war".
He added: "Against that background, interrupting the two minutes' silence by chanting 'British soldiers burn in hell', followed by the burning of poppies, is behaviour that is bound to be seen as insulting."
The court was previously told that the grandson of a World War II soldier felt "sick inside" as Muslim extremists burned replica poppies.
Tony Kibble said: "Halfway through, I looked up to see what was going on around and I saw a ball of fire fall to the ground. Literally, my stomach turned over.
"I felt sick inside. It is something that means so much to me and to see what I believed to be a wreath of poppies fall to the ground - it is just despicable."
Judge Riddle called Mr Kibble a "mild-mannered" man who had impressed him as a member of the public with "typical feelings" about Remembrance Day.
He said that freedom of expression was not unlimited.
Video footage of the incident was shown to the court

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12664346

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jun/21/facebook-incite-riots-mitchell-stancombe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:09 pm

darknessss wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

didge they wer "physical examples...NOT internet "hate speech" on a social network.....

they were proveable and witnessed that is to say "the act" was witnessed....

in te scenario I posted...you have no proof.....remember "beyond a shadow of doubt"

The second one was victor

Anyway:

Runa Khan jailed for Facebook Syria terror posts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30439913

A Lancashire man who posted offensive comments on Facebook about missing five-year-old April Jones has been jailed for 12 weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-19869710

Jake Newsome is jailed for six weeks after he admitted writing message saying he was glad teacher had been stabbed to death

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/04/man-jailed-offensive-facebook-post-ann-maguire

A father-of-two who used Facebook to encourage attacks on the Asian community has been jailed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-15600667

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:18 pm

veya_victaous wrote:so are you talking send people to jail for 5 years with no proof?

Never claimed any such thing Veya, this is what I mean about you inventing things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:18 pm

yes but....did any of these attempt to fight it...did any of them actually know how to 2get round" the possibility of prosecution....?

doubtfull

dont get me wrong it will catch the idiots.....but the smarter one...you must be joking....

seriously didge...do I have to summon satan on your hard drive to convince you how easy it is.... Laughing

not to worry you ..but for all you know...right now...your computer might be posting horrible racist comments on every social media network going..... all without your knowlege or permission....and the trail would lead right back to you.......

and I dont care WHAT virus checker/security etc you have............

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:25 pm

darknessss wrote:yes but....did any of these attempt to fight it...did any of them actually know how to 2get round" the possibility of prosecution....?

doubtfull

dont get me wrong it will catch the idiots.....but the smarter one...you must be joking....

seriously didge...do I have to summon satan on your hard drive to convince you how easy it is.... Laughing

not to worry you ..but for all you know...right now...your computer might be posting horrible racist comments on every social media network going..... all without your knowlege or permission....and the trail would lead right back to you.......

and I dont care WHAT virus checker/security etc you have............

I have never claimed it is not easy to get around, but lest face it Victor, the ones who normally incite such hatred have the brain capacity of a hamster. You are giving to much credit to the average brain dead racist moron who would get caught doing this.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Darkness is exactly right

the laws are a nice idea but so open to abuse.
you would catch fools but you can probably do that anyway with existing legislation.

I looked at one of Brasidas links and
He admitted charges of intentionally encouraging or assisting an offence and publishing written material intended to stir up racial hatred.
So it is a case of you can catch fools already

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:30 pm

well yes I suppose I am...but its a good example of poorly thought out legislation

and the real danger is that prosecuting this will become such an easy industry that people will belive that anyone accused of it is ipso facto guilty....even if they are innocent and the scenario I have put up above was true.

and all the while the "hard cases will get away with it.....dont make the mistake of thinking that ALL racists are idiots....or incapable of understanding technology.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:33 pm

darknessss wrote:well yes I suppose I am...but its a good example of poorly thought out legislation

and the real danger is that prosecuting this will become such an easy industry that people will belive that anyone accused of it is ipso facto guilty....even if they are innocent and the scenario I have put up above was true.

and all the while the "hard cases will get away with it.....dont make the mistake of thinking that ALL racists are idiots....or incapable of understanding technology.....

I do not think it will Victor as lets face it many people daily are racist and hateful on both twitter and facebook and how many have ended up in court?

Hardly any, so to claim to would be abused when it never has is again looking too negatively at this.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2