NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superbowl 2015

5 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Superbowl 2015 Empty Superbowl 2015

Post by Cass Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Well that was a bit of a snoozefest till the last minute. I loath both teams but better the Patsys won than the seascum.....nice fight at the end.....way to stay classy Seattle......Pete Carroll threw it away hahahahahahaha.....somewhere Aaron Rogers is smiling a big fat CHEESY grin Smile - its karma baby.

the big winner for me were the dancing sharks. Katy Perry was ok - not as good some previous acts but still better than Madonna.

now we will be on tenterhooks - not - for the report of the investigation of ball gate. I look forward to hearing yet again Blobichecks explanation of how atmospheric pressure can be different on different sides of the same field. Where's Einstein or Stephen Hawking when you need them? Dirty rotten lying thieves.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Superbowl 2015 Empty Re: Superbowl 2015

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Cass wrote:Well that was a bit of a snoozefest till the last minute. I loath both teams but better the Patsys won than the seascum.....nice fight at the end.....way to stay classy Seattle......Pete Carroll threw it away hahahahahahaha.....somewhere Aaron Rogers is smiling a big fat CHEESY grin Smile - its karma baby.

the big winner for me were the dancing sharks. Katy Perry was ok -  not as good some previous acts but still better than Madonna.

I thought it was a good game.  The right team won.  I was born in Cambridge--or Boston, for those who don't know the area--and my daughter lives there now.  So I consider myself an northeaster.  Besides, Tom Brady was born and raised her in the Bay Area...Serra High School and a Niners fan growing up.  More to like them.

I detest the Seahowks.  Not just that they beat the Niners, but remember Golden Tate and the shame-game, replacement officiating against the Packers? Green Bay got jobbed.  I used to like Pete Carroll, but not since what he did at USC (all the cheating and all).

So the right team won as far as I'm concerned.  Brady played a great 'west-coast' offense.  I was really worried about the Patriot's defense, but Butler did them proud (after first allowing that insane Jermaine Kearse catch--Booo).

Cass wrote:now we will be on tenterhooks - not - for the report of the investigation of ball gate. I look forward to hearing yet again Blobichecks explanation of how atmospheric pressure can be different on different sides of the same field. Where's Einstein or Stephen Hawking when you need them? Dirty rotten lying thieves.

Ask them, if the Patriots did it why were the Colt's balls also deflated??  If anything, it was the officials.

Truth be told, it was the cold weather.  Obviously.  But...nothing like a good conspiracy theory to drum up business.

Nice job Patriots.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:58 pm

I grew up in CT on Long Island Sound so I'm a northeaster (via Iowa and Texas) but I'm a new York gal so cant stand Bawston teams. But they are better than the seagulls and PC (and he used to be with the patsys till he got his ass fired).

that was a great intercept by Butler. At that point Mr. C and junior went very quiet.

its weird that despite being raised there we're both niners fans Smile

conspiracy smiracy - all the bets are on NE getting their butts spanned over it.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:49 am

I hate Brady. He's the Derek Jeter of football, but worse.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:38 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I hate Brady. He's the Derek Jeter of football, but worse.

OI leave it out about The J man......ARod was much much worse, and I speak as a life long Yankees gal. Brady is just icky.
the adverts this year were also a bit blah.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:12 am

Derek Jeter...man, his whole head looks like a circumcised penis.  That's all I can say about my impressions...although that one throw to snag a bunt across the diamond and throw the guy out at home was pretty amazing.

The big problem with the Yankees is money.  At some point, if you spend enough money, you can simply buy pennants.  At that point it's no longer fun.  They never should have given baseball an antitrust exemption.

I'm old enough to remember when the A's were in Philadelphia and the Giants were in Manhattan; those were the great days of New York sports.

I think the Red Sox are sexy.  When I lived and taught in NYC, the Patriots were awful.  But Tom Brady--dare I say this--is the equal of Joe Montana as the greatest of all (and I'm a Niners fan).  The Knicks, when I was there, had Frazier, Bradley, Debusschere, Lucas and Willis Reed, and won it all.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:47 am

Original Quill wrote:

Derek Jeter...man, his whole head looks like a circumcised penis.  That's all I can say about my impressions...although that one throw to snag a bunt across the diamond and throw the guy out at home was pretty amazing.

The big problem with the Yankees is money.  At some point, if you spend enough money, you can simply buy pennants.  At that point it's no longer fun.  They never should have given baseball an antitrust exemption.

I'm old enough to remember when the A's were in Philadelphia and the Giants were in Manhattan; those were the great days of New York sports.

I think the Red Sox are sexy.  When I lived and taught in NYC, the Patriots were awful.  But Tom Brady--dare I say this--is the equal of Joe Montana as the greatest of all (and I'm a Niners fan).  The Knicks, when I was there, had Frazier, Bradley, Debusschere, Lucas and Willis Reed, and won it all.

I like the Sox -- bucking the trend of a lot of Texans just because I detest the Yankees. I think your description of Jeter is apt Smile The whole Yankees organization treats the rest of the MLB like its own minors, and I still kind of root for the Royals ever since their fans turned their backs on the Yankees ...

I guess another thorn in my side re the Yankees is the fact that Mattingly, a really good player and decent guy, slugged it out for them when they were awful and just missed the chance to play for them when they were champions. It was even sadder than Ripken Jr., who at least got the one ring.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:09 am

this is the first time im hearing that the patriots cheated lol

groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:11 am

groomsy wrote:this is the first time im hearing that the patriots cheated lol

Haha...yeah, I think ESPN needed something to talk about. They literally sculpted the story. Look how they left out that the Colt's balls were also under inflated. How they hyped the fact that the Patriots were previously caught filming signals by other teams (which is done routinely now with the advent of cell phone cameras). How they underplayed the weather conditions. It was a set-up all along.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:01 am

Superbowl 2015 Must-see-imagery-super-bowl-wins-by-country-48
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:53 am

Superbowl 2015 Super_bowl
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:45 am

veya_victaous wrote:Superbowl 2015 Super_bowl

It's OK, Veya, my sports editor boss once elected to watch 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' over an NBA playoff game ... to the utter shock of everyone besides me, apparently. Because bakers hate the smell of bread.

There's always room here for you to post stuff about sports in which people kick other people in the face Razz
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:20 am

there is not many snacks at those things...
Superbowl 2015 3201073460

US Buzzfeed has been full of pictures of Superbowl snacks Superbowl 2015 3922118137 Superbowl 2015 3922118137 Superbowl 2015 3922118137 Superbowl 2015 3922118137 Superbowl 2015 3922118137 Superbowl 2015 3922118137 Superbowl 2015 3922118137 Superbowl 2015 3922118137
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:59 am

Everybody wants in on the superbowl...largest TV sports event in the world.  So, the interviews are elite, the commercials are elite, and the cooking is elite. Only thing that is mediocre is American beer, but hey, Bud's got the money.

Snax is a part of getting in on the food action.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down