NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hilarious pastor explains that being sexually attracted to other men doesn't make him gay

5 posters

Go down

Hilarious pastor explains that being sexually attracted to other men doesn't make him gay Empty Hilarious pastor explains that being sexually attracted to other men doesn't make him gay

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:53 am

A Presbyterian pastor in western Pennsylvania told National Public Radio that despite the fact that he finds himself sexually attracted to men, he is not homosexual.

In a “Sunday Conversation” segment, Pastor Allan Edwards of the Kiski Valley Presbyterian Church said that “I think we all have part of our desires that we choose not to act on,” and that for him, those desires include his sexual attraction to men.

Edwards first realized this attraction in the mid-1990s, when he was in high school. “I didn’t know anyone else who experienced same-sex attractions, so I didn’t talk about it much at all,” he said, adding that there was also “a pretty immediate realization that it was in conflict with my faith.”

At the small Christian liberal arts college he attended, he worried that “if I started talking to other guys about this, I’m going to get ostracized and lambasted,” but “I actually had the exact opposite experience — I actually was received with a lot of love, grace, charity: some confusion, but openness to dialogue.”

That's just fantastic Smile At least he also preaches acceptance of gay people -- you know, people who aren't like him ... scratch  (He apparently does have a wife with a kid along the way, which I guess technically makes him bisexual, but isn't homosexuality sort of implied by bisexuality?)

Read further down for another gem in which he insists he doesn't find ALL men attractive. You know, totally different from other gay people -- and of course, straight people, who are universally attracted to anyone of the other gender.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/penn-pastor-attracted-to-men-insists-hes-not-gay-but-preaches-acceptance-anyway/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Hilarious pastor explains that being sexually attracted to other men doesn't make him gay Empty Re: Hilarious pastor explains that being sexually attracted to other men doesn't make him gay

Post by eddie Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:10 am

Hahahahaha what a twat!
Seriously in self-denial!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Hilarious pastor explains that being sexually attracted to other men doesn't make him gay Empty Re: Hilarious pastor explains that being sexually attracted to other men doesn't make him gay

Post by Eilzel Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Funny little man haha

It is a serious concern though in gay rights debates as to what exactly 'being gay' is.

For many of those opposed to gay rights you 'choose to be gay' by acting on your desires. So from that pov 'its a choice'. Of course that also means 'being straight' must be a choice and you aren't officially 'straight' until you lose your virginity to someone of the opposite gender.

For most people however sexuality is defined by the feelings people have- the desire and the love.

But you can see how this conflict of definition actually confuses the debate- sometimes people aren't even arguing about the same thing.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:05 pm

what???? wtf????

Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:28 pm

Eilzel wrote:Funny little man haha

It is a serious concern though in gay rights debates as to what exactly 'being gay' is.

For many of those opposed to gay rights you 'choose to be gay' by acting on your desires. So from that pov 'its a choice'. Of course that also means 'being straight' must be a choice and you aren't officially 'straight' until you lose your virginity to someone of the opposite gender.

For most people however sexuality is defined by the feelings people have- the desire and the love.

But you can see how this conflict of definition actually confuses the debate- sometimes people aren't even arguing about the same thing.

It's absolutely confusing and ridiculous -- for one thing, it implies that if people aren't in an ongoing sexual relationship, they have no orientation during that time Smile

Now with asexual people, that would technically be true, though it would also miss the entire point.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message