NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 things you are grateful for...

5 posters

Go down

5 things you are grateful for... Empty 5 things you are grateful for...

Post by Eilzel Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:28 am

So, as a change from the oft heated debates we have here I thought I'd start one, where we can reflect on what we are grateful for in the New Year, by talking about 5 things we are grateful for. They don't have to be THE most important things (people always say health), but they also can be, whatever you choose.

Here's mine (not in order) 5 things I am grateful for:

1. Being able to travel- we live in a pretty privileged age, and on this forum were born in a privileged country, where we have better access to travelling anywhere than ever before. I live for travelling, so this definitely makes the list.

2. Books- I'd truly be lost without BOOKS, non-fiction or fiction, and I mean proper paper BOOKS (not this kindle stuff)- nothing better than getting lost in good story, the past or some brilliant concept or interpretation of events.

3. Swensen's Icecream- may not be so well known in the UK, its an Ice Cream chain from San Francisco, and the absolute saviour on a hot day in Bangkok (which is everyday!) Cool

4. My family- (yeah now it gets soppy), my family have always been my everything, we are close (even on the other side of the world), my closest family have always been the most supportive people- I consider myself very lucky to have such a brilliant bunch of people as my relatives, and eternally grateful.

5. My boyfriend- of course. He is my rock, if I feel down, he is there, if I need help, he is there, he makes me happier than anyone else can and making him happy pleases me more than anything in the world, even after almost 4 years of being together.

Really interested in seeing some other peoples answers to this Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

5 things you are grateful for... Empty Re: 5 things you are grateful for...

Post by Cass Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:31 am

nice one darlink x

1. Mr. C and the boys. We will be married for 25 years in February. Its been great its been bad but he's the one that I want and need and he puts up with me. Senior and Junior still drive me crazy but every day make me proud to be their mum. I also am thankful for all my extended family including the sister and outlaws.

2. My job. I literally love my job and am so lucky to be able to do it. I love people (most days) and helping them, chatting or getting them into a new author is the best feeling. Which leads me onto....

3. Books. They are a part of me, deep in my soul. I cannot sleep unless I read at night, even after a few drinkies and I wont necessarily remember it the next day. It is a physical need. I'm an addict and proud of it. I usually have 4 or 5 on the go.

4. Food. I'm a foodie. I love most of it and love to cook it for family and friends and I love thinking up new recipes. I also love to eat out whether its a quick takeout or pizza place or posh dining. I'm in.....but hold the onions.

5. My house and pool. Its perfect and living where I do I'm beyond grateful for the air con and pool in the summer. And the fact that's its ours and not the military's makes it sweeter. I'm grateful that we can afford it and that we have built some great family and friend memories here.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:30 am

1) I have to be really thankful for being born a white straight male in a wealthy country. Not to stir up shit, but it sure makes life easier than if I'd been born a lesbian in Saudi Arabia, or a North Korean ... anything.

2) Speaking of things I had no say in, I'm thankful that I have a pretty decent brain in my skull (if I do say so myself).

3) Thankful I was born into an interconnected global community, rather than knowing very little of life beyond the horizon -- as the vast majority of people who ever lived had it.

4) Thankful for the medical and nutritional advances that have allowed me and so many others live longer or more comfortable lives.

5) Thankful, ultimately, for however many seconds I get to live Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:55 am

Ben wrote:1) I have to be really thankful for being born a white straight male in a wealthy country. Not to stir up shit, but it sure makes life easier than if I'd been born a lesbian in Saudi Arabia, or a North Korean ... anything.

"You have a freak flag...you just don't fly it." Razz Laughing Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:57 am

Original Quill wrote:
Ben wrote:1) I have to be really thankful for being born a white straight male in a wealthy country. Not to stir up shit, but it sure makes life easier than if I'd been born a lesbian in Saudi Arabia, or a North Korean ... anything.

"You have a freak flag...you just don't fly it."   Razz Laughing Laughing

True, only a very few people I trust know I'm an atheist. Not a flag you want to fly 'round these-here parts ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:01 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

"You have a freak flag...you just don't fly it."   Razz Laughing Laughing

True, only a very few people I trust know I'm an atheist. Not a flag you want to fly 'round these-here parts ...

You make a good point. But my line was out of the film, The Family Stone. It's a compliment, if you haven't seen the movie.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:13 am

1) My family: my two children are lovely and bring me immense happiness - even my teenage son who is a moody little twat sometimes! Other people say what a delight his is so he must be okay really lol!
My little bubba is a complete bubble of sunlight! She has brought so much laughter and joy to the house and after losing three babies, I think she's a god-send!
My other half is my rock. My right arm and I couldnt be without him. He's a very kind and gentle soul and the opposite to my somewhat chaotic soul!

2) being alive: we take this for granted. Simple as that.

3) my friends and other family; I have truly nice people in my life and they're all ther to keep me going when I need them - that includes some of my forum friends too x

4) food and whiskey: I mean, come on! Who'd be without them? And might I add I'm grateful for saisnburys delivery men who bring me these things :-)

5) my freedom; we take that for granted in this country. Without my freedom where would I be??
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:33 pm

Cass wrote:nice one darlink x

1. Mr. C and the boys. We will be married for 25 years in February. Its been great its been bad but he's the one that I want and need and he puts up with me. Senior and Junior still drive me crazy but every day make me proud to be their mum. I also am thankful for all my extended family including the sister and outlaws.

2. My job. I literally love my job and am so lucky to be able to do it. I love people (most days) and helping them, chatting or getting them into a new author is the best feeling. Which leads me onto....

3. Books. They are a part of me, deep in my soul. I cannot sleep unless I read at night, even after a few drinkies and I wont necessarily remember it the next day. It is a physical need. I'm an addict and proud of it. I usually have 4 or 5 on the go.

4. Food. I'm a foodie. I love most of it and love to cook it for family and friends and I love thinking up new recipes. I also love to eat out whether its a quick takeout or pizza place or posh dining. I'm in.....but hold the onions.

5. My house and pool. Its perfect and living where I do I'm beyond grateful for the air con and pool in the summer. And the fact that's its ours and not the military's makes it sweeter. I'm grateful that we can afford it and that we have built some great family and friend memories here.

25 years is awesome Cass! I'll say congratulations now though I will again in the future cheers

Actually reading your lists I see much we have in common, books check, food check, worship of the AC check (the apartment complex has a pool, that counts I guess haha), great job check- you have 21 years on us though haha.

Nice list sunny
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 pm

cheers babe.....there was also the Paris/French connection wasn't there on another list thingummy?

an airplane ticket to visit would be a great present - just saying lol xx
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down