NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain First Use Polish Spitfire Picture To Promote Their 'British Values'

3 posters

Go down

Britain First Use Polish Spitfire Picture To Promote Their 'British Values' Empty Britain First Use Polish Spitfire Picture To Promote Their 'British Values'

Post by Guest Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:32 am

Britain First Use Polish Spitfire Picture To Promote Their 'British Values' 10277020_686757018136229_7018831254458101472_n

Firstly, it's "unparalleled" and secondly, that's a Polish spitfire.
That's right, the perma-cap-locked Facebook page of the ever-so-shouty Britain First have used a picture of a fighter plane from the No. 303 Polish Fighter Squadron to showcase a country apparently under siege from immigrants.
Many of whom come from Poland incidentally.
And before they claim to be celebrating ALL brave souls who fought for our country, where's the post celebrating the 400,000 Muslims who served in WWI?

Or the millions of Muslims who chose to fight the Nazis?
Just a thought.
Britain First are in good company though. The BNP did exactly the same thing back in 2009.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/12/28/britain-first-polish-spitfire-_n_6387812.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

lol!

Back to top Go down

Britain First Use Polish Spitfire Picture To Promote Their 'British Values' Empty Re: Britain First Use Polish Spitfire Picture To Promote Their 'British Values'

Post by nicko Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:30 am

IT's a British Spit flown by a pilot from a Polish squadron!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Britain First Use Polish Spitfire Picture To Promote Their 'British Values' Empty Re: Britain First Use Polish Spitfire Picture To Promote Their 'British Values'

Post by Guest Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:47 am

nicko wrote:IT's a British Spit flown by a pilot from a Polish squadron!

British Built and a Polish Squadron, one of the most successful in the Battle of Britain.
The fact is Nicko this just shows how stupid some of the far right are, where they forget the great contribution many immigrants who came to these shore back then did.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:00 am

There were Polish pilots in Douglas Bader's Squadron, he got pissed off with them because they would not follow his orders, using the excuse they could not understand English. He said in his book "They were very brave but some were so angry at the Germans one deliberately rammed a me 109 when he was out of ammo"
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:15 am

nicko wrote:There were Polish pilots in Douglas Bader's Squadron, he got pissed off with them because they would not follow his orders, using the excuse they could not understand English. He said in his book "They were very brave but  some were so angry at the Germans one deliberately rammed a me 109 when he was out of ammo"

Would you blame them for being so angry at the Germans, after your country had been taken?
Seriously read up on the Polish Squadrons. Brave and better pilots.

303 Squadron

The Poles were keen to fight but the RAF would not at first let them fly operationally. This was because few of the exiles spoke English and there was concern about their morale. What the British did not yet realise was that many of the Poles were excellent pilots. Having come through the Polish and French Campaigns, they had more combat experience than most of their British comrades and they employed superior tactics.

As the Battle of Britain wore on, and the shortage of trained pilots became critical, the exiles were accepted into RAF squadrons and two Polish fighter units, Nos. 302 and 303 Squadrons, were formed. Once committed to action, the Poles flew and fought superbly, shooting down 203 enemy aircraft for the loss of 29 pilots killed. No. 303 Squadron became the most successful Fighter Command unit in the Battle, shooting down 126 German machines in only 42 days. Czech Sergeant Josef Frantisek, also of '303', was the top scoring pilot with 17 confirmed victories.

Air Chief Marshal Sir Hugh Dowding, who led Fighter Command, would later write:

"Had it not been for the magnificent material contributed by the Polish squadrons and their unsurpassed gallantry, I hesitate to say that the outcome of the Battle would have been the same."

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/research/online-exhibitions/the-polish-air-force-in-world-war-2/303-squadron.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:24 am

I wouldn't say "better" Didge, maybe some were equal.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:10 pm

nicko wrote:I wouldn't say "better" Didge,  maybe  some were equal.

Very amusing Nicko and indeed I may agree with normally but in this instance the Poles tended to be more inexperienced, so if that please you I will say the Poles were far more experienced than the British pilots

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:49 am

Brasidas wrote:
nicko wrote:I wouldn't say "better" Didge,  maybe  some were equal.

Very amusing Nicko and indeed I may agree with normally but in this instance the Poles tended to be more inexperienced, so if that please you I will say the Poles were far more experienced than the British pilots

The poles were brave fighters who ended up sandwiched between the German's and the Russians. They showed a level of resistance in defending their land as good as you will see anywhere even though they knew there was little chance of a victory.
Many of them settled up here in Scotland with most of them working in the coal mines.
They added a lot to the communities up here and I had several school chums who were from Polish families. It was murder writing down their surnames on envelopes sending Christmas and birthday cards though. Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:10 am

Any excuse to post this awesome song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVh6SBfIEto
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down