NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profumo Sex Scandal: Mandy Rice-Davies Dies

5 posters

Go down

Profumo Sex Scandal: Mandy Rice-Davies Dies Empty Profumo Sex Scandal: Mandy Rice-Davies Dies

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:11 am

The model and actress who played a key part in one of the biggest political scandals of the era has died of cancer aged 70.

Mandy Rice-Davies, a key figure in the Profumo sex scandal that rocked the British Establishment in the 1960s, has died.

A spokesman for publicist Hackford Jones said the 70-year-old had died after a short battle with cancer.

The spokesman said: "It is with deep sadness that the family of Marilyn Foreman, also known as Mandy Rice-Davies, have confirmed that she passed away yesterday evening after a short battle with cancer.

"They have asked for their privacy to be respected and no further comment will be made."

Along with her friend Christine Keeler, the model and showgirl achieved notoriety in 1963 for her involvement in a sex and espionage scandal which led to the resignation of War Minister John Profumo and seriously discredited the Conservative government of Harold Macmillan.

http://news.sky.com/story/1394585/profumo-sex-scandal-mandy-rice-davies-dies

It was the only show in town at the time and she was a cracking looking girl/

RIP

Profumo Sex Scandal: Mandy Rice-Davies Dies Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ12x2U5OoBI_RVPKaShD3NVpOBamj5wy1odaBGiAvBpCpfLElD
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Profumo Sex Scandal: Mandy Rice-Davies Dies Empty Re: Profumo Sex Scandal: Mandy Rice-Davies Dies

Post by Cass Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:54 pm

to paraphrase "you would, wouldn't you."

she was stunningly beautiful. she once described her life as a slow descent into respectability.

I always did like her more than Christine.

RIP
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Profumo Sex Scandal: Mandy Rice-Davies Dies Empty Re: Profumo Sex Scandal: Mandy Rice-Davies Dies

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:30 pm

Cass wrote:to paraphrase "you would, wouldn't you."

she was stunningly beautiful. she once described her life as a slow descent into respectability.

RIP

My Dad used to work with Christine's brother.
The family were lovely.
This was before my time but when you think of what politicians
get away with now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:23 am

Nems wrote:
Cass wrote:to paraphrase "you would, wouldn't you."

RIP

My Dad used to work with Christine's brother.
The family were lovely.
This was before my time but when you think of what politicians
get away with now.

wow! that is pretty neat.

and remember what Kennedy did/got away with? Same era of course
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:04 am

Some say the media were more naive/system protecting in those days ... I think maybe, in some cases, and whether they meant to or not, they were more focused on things that really matter.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Some say the media were more naive/system protecting in those days ... I think maybe, in some cases, and whether they meant to or not, they were more focused on things that really matter.

I also think the 24 hour instant news coverage we get now is a massive factor.
So much time to fill inevitably means a dumbing down

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Some say the media were more naive/system protecting in those days ... I think maybe, in some cases, and whether they meant to or not, they were more focused on things that really matter.

I'll say amen to that!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:10 pm

Nems wrote:

Yes, the whole business of the media has changed drastically. Technically, look at computers and cable TV. Organizationally? Media has gone from 5-giants (ABC, CBS, NBC, BBC and Sky), to thousands of competitive, much smaller operations. With it, there is a drastic loss of elbow rub between media and politicians/stars.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down