NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll ride with you! Sydney 15th December, 2014

3 posters

Go down

I'll ride with you! Sydney 15th December, 2014  Empty I'll ride with you! Sydney 15th December, 2014

Post by Irn Bru Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:15 am

A picture paint a thousand words. Doesn't it just.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

I'll ride with you! Sydney 15th December, 2014  Empty Re: I'll ride with you! Sydney 15th December, 2014

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:27 am

Morning Irn

You would not believe what some conservatives over there came back to try and discount this?
They tried to discredit the person who started this over a blog she wrote as if to then claim she made this up.
Talk about disgusting on every level.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/16/Delingpole-Sydney-cafe-murders-the-ugly-true-story-behind-that-heartwarming/

Of course when you follow the link to actually read her blog you can see how they miss the vast majority of what she was saying.

Back to top Go down

I'll ride with you! Sydney 15th December, 2014  Empty Re: I'll ride with you! Sydney 15th December, 2014

Post by Irn Bru Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:01 am

Brasidas wrote:Morning Irn

You would not believe what some conservatives over there came back to try and discount this?
They tried to discredit the person who started this over a blog she wrote as if to then claim she made this up.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/16/Delingpole-Sydney-cafe-murders-the-ugly-true-story-behind-that-heartwarming/

Of course when you follow the link to actually read her blog you can see how they miss the vast majority of what she was saying.

Hi Didge,

I certainly would believe it because I have been on the end of some vile abuse from a few people on there.

On the subject of speaking out, people can speak up or stay silent if they wish and I don't have a problem with that, but staying silent in the presence of such vile and hateful racists and homophobic content just leaves the extremists to represent you - and that is true in all sectors of our society.

That's what silence does.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:03 am

Agreed Irn

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Irn Bru Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:07 am

Lone Wolf wrote:Smile

IT WAS Tuesday, 16th December, actually..

(Never forget the International Dateline, even if it will always ignore your existence..).      Arrow

09:45 Monday local time (22:45 GMT Sunday): Police are called to the Lindt Chocolat Cafe in Sydney's Martin Place in the central business district.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-30490664

The video appears to have been posted by some kids in OZ so best have a word with them Wolf.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:31 am

Lone Wolf wrote:Laughing

THE siege started on Monday Morning...

Finished just after 2 a.m. Tuesday morning..

The "I'll ride with you !" movement really got underway properly after this, didn't it ?   As it was on Tuesday that I (and most other Aussies) actually heard about it..

IF a couple of teenagers put up that video, the incomplete timeline shouldn't surprise us ~ after all, most people know that many teenagers can't tell the time correctly these days !!!      Razz

I'll ride with you! Sydney 15th December, 2014  Illridewithyou-triumphs-amid-hostage-situation
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Note the date of the tweet  - 9:29 PM - 14 Dec 2014

https://twitter.com/sirtessa/status/544363242655449088

I'm backing the Oz kids. You should be proud of what they have done here.

Last edited by Irn Bru on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:13 pm

it started During the siege.

I was watching it on Twitter explode in response to a bunch of hate tweets from ADL.
the thing is a lot of the central public transport shut down so people had to filter to the edge of the CBD to get on trains A lot of delay etc that day as to be expected.

Plus Uber fucks tired to make $100minimum for calls to get picked up in the city Evil or Very Mad
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:31 pm

And fuck me that RW scum are stupid
it is not LW Aussies it is Just Aussies.

Unlike those Cowards WE are not going to be afraid we don't care who is trying to scare us terrorists, Media, some lone Nutter, Dark lord Rupert... Doesn't matter We are going tell them all to GO FUCK YOUR SELF.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Rachael Jacobs is being wheeled out by the RW as a liar and what she said happened is a load of nonsense and that it never happened. What a bunch of morons they are.

Here's what she says....

One of the most common questions I've been asked is "Do you have a message for the Muslim community?"
In truth, I don't. They are a strong community with their own articulate leaders, able to speak for themselves if they choose to do so.
I am, however, the daughter of Indian migrants, and having lived all of my 37 years in Australia, I feel I've seen the best and the worst this country has to offer. I'd rather deliver a message to racists, bigots and anyone who dares to derive a message of hate from this tragedy – it is you who are unwelcome here. Your values have no place in civilised society, and if you spread intolerance, there's an avalanche of kindness ready to take you down.

Rachael Jacobs is a lecturer in Education at the Australia Catholic University in Brisbane. She was the Greens candidate for the seat of Brisbane in 2013.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/how-illridewithyou-began-with-rachael-jacobs-experience-on-a-brisbane-train-20141216-128205.html

Well said that girl.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:15 pm

I'll ride with you! Sydney 15th December, 2014  B442y_CCIAA1sqV
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:43 pm

Brasidas wrote:Morning Irn

Good evening Didge,

Finally had a chance to look at that link you provided and I see that was written by James Delingpole which explains a lot. That guy hates the Greens and it just so happens that Rachael Jacobs (the girl who spoke to the Muslim girl on the train) is a Green Party candidate for Brisbane in the Australian elections. If anyone is trying to politicise this whole thing then it is him and all the clowns that are helping him blow his trumpet and discredit the girl.

He was tweeting away on Twitter whilst the siege situation was ongoing, tearing into the #illridewithyou message when he was more concerned with that than he was about the victims still in the cafe. In my opinion he is so far to the Right that he stops just short of being more associated with the BNP.

He is also a politicak UKIP activist who thinks that Nigel Farage is a wonderful person who can do no wrong. He also tried to get elected as a UKIP candidate in Birmingham but wasn’t selected on that occasion but I’m sure he’ll be back for another go.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/columnists/james-delingpole/8994141/ukip-are-playing-it-safe-so-theyve-rejected-me/

Delingpole and all the others coming out with their nonsense are trying in a vain attempt to make out the #illridewithyou message is something it is not but they have failed because hundreds of thousands see it for what it was – an act of kindness that has inspired so many people from all over the world irrespective of their political persuasions to have their say.

We all know there is a problem with Islamic extremists and he’s right to bring it into the public domain but it is him and those that have jumped on the back of his article that are politicising the whole thing - not anyone else. Never mind though because they have been drowned out and shown up as people who are unable to recognise a meaningful gesture for what it was.  In Rachael Jacobs own words....

“I'd rather deliver a message to racists, bigots and anyone who dares to derive a message of hate from this tragedy – it is you who are unwelcome here. Your values have no place in civilised society, and if you spread intolerance, there's an avalanche of kindness ready to take you down.”

https://www.facebook.com/RachaelForBrisbane

Stick in there.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Smile

ALL THAT those kids in Irn's video clip are doing is spreading the message...
AS ARE those Facebook and Twitter feeds that followed after..

HERE is the original Tweets at the beginning ~ dated 15th ~ Monday afternoon @ 16:28 (i.e, pm.), as reported on an Aussie site ~ as veya said, in the middle of siege.

http://mic.com/articles/106442/australians-show-the-world-exactly-how-to-respond-to-terrorism-with-ill-ride-with-you?utm_source=Mic+Check&utm_campaign=0d2a00b437-Mic_Report_12_16_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_51f2320b33-0d2a00b437-285048693

THE two bloggers ~ Tessa Kum and a man that she was chatting with during her tweets ~ were pushing the message from that Rachel Jacobs Brisbane encounter as relayed on Facebook, that Irn shows in his clip above..
THAT'S only 32 minutes earlier than the "5:00 pm" that I claimed earlier above there..

IT IS simply impossible to have a 14th December date IF it's an Aussie feed, when the siege started on Monday the 15th ! ~ the date and time on Irn's video clip is probably converted to the local time for the host site for the video feed ~ somewhere in the USA, which IS a day behind Oz..  

AS FOR those couple of Right Wing/Racist idiots attacking various Aussie contributors == Note that most of them appear to be British-based -> posting to English websites !

AS veya points out, that English racist wannabee-trollette ("Delingpole") attacking the Aussies on a couple of English hate_sites doesn't even know or understand Australians ~ reinforcing my earlier doubts about him even being anywhere in Oz ! Pathetic lying piece of crap that he is..

THE homegrown Australian "shock jocks" and nationalists/racists have been keeping a relative low profile over recent days ~ aiming their anger at the legal system and weak bail laws, rather than the Muslim community or religion..      Suspect

The date of the 14 Dec. will be the date from another time zone so that makes it the 15th in Oz then. It's not important in the whole scheme of things anyway but if you think it is then I'll leave you to it.

The one thing I take from that video is that if these kids represent the future then their is hope - even if you think they can't tell the time.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:05 pm

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-siege-victim-tori-johnsons-father-wants-sons-death-to-be-the-beginning-of-something-new-20141218-12a79b.html

The father of Sydney siege victim Tori Johnson said he wants to make sure his son's death is the "beginning of something new in this world".

"Keep it rolling, get rid of cars and put flowers in the street, pave it all the way down to central."

rather than shrink from the horrific events, thousands of people have converged to take their turn laying flowers. Others have plastered the city sidewalk with messages of hope and unity for Sydney.

There have even been choirs and bands playing sombre music, and these two bagpipe players, with a rendition of “Waltzing Matilda”.

I'll ride with you! Sydney 15th December, 2014  Enhanced-7856-1418798032-11
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down