NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homosexuality or bisexuality

+6
Original Quill
Lone Wolf
Eilzel
Cass
Ben Reilly
veya_victaous
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Homosexuality or bisexuality - Page 2 Empty Homosexuality or bisexuality

Post by Guest Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am having a debate with someone who used to be on here who thinks being bisexual is being homosexual.
Yes quite shocking.
I will not name names as am not childish like others, but want to know others views on this whether they view bisexuality as homosexuality, which I do not, being as it is very different.
What do others think?

Back to top Go down

Homosexuality or bisexuality - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexuality or bisexuality

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:23 am

Cass wrote:For the record I believe Lord M.

sometimes its down to other people taking.....not necessarily out of context.....a different perception/interpretation of what someone else is trying to convey through the written word.

I do honestly believe this is a case of misunderstanding and crossed communication wires.

HELLO M'lud - so lovely to "see" you. Hoping all is well in your neck of the woods. all my love and best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your gal

xx

Hello, Cass...and thank you. I really do appreciate that.

My best wishes to you and yours, too.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:27 am

Didge, if I were in a workplace or setting whereby what I did and said could actually change something, I would not stay silent....believe me!!

But on a debate forum??? All one can do is go round and round in circles - if someone believes what they're saying then you're never going to change their mind!!
You can state your views and try and convince but at some point you have to agree to disagree and walk away.
Also, in an "opinion" how can there be right or wrong? What one believes the other doesn't. That's the way it is.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:31 am

eddie wrote:Didge, if I were in a workplace or setting whereby what I did and said could actually change something, I would not stay silent....believe me!!

But on a debate forum??? All one can do is go round and round in circles - if someone believes what they're saying then you're never going to change their mind!!
You can state your views and try and convince but at some point you have to agree to disagree and walk away.
Also, in an "opinion" how can there be right or wrong? What one believes the other doesn't. That's the way it is.

But Eddie that is not the case that nothing happens, look what happenned when some of you condemned what a poster said last night?
Did we see it descend into nonsense are actually to sensible debate?
It stopped the usual abuse did it not? The usual suspects were left to resorting to debating the topic and their views.
So it clearly works when people do condemn.

Yes there is right or wrong, if you believe in the well being of people ased on equality, you then have a standard measure do you not. If you base the view on how people should be treated equally, then it is very easy to distinquisuh right and wrong. When views conflict that affect the well being of others, then clearly it is still wrong. It is a standard measure we actually teach our children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:46 am

eddie wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Yes, personally I would say they are both. And - yet again - I was referring to bi-sexual people and Didge or whatever he calls himself on here knows bloody well that I was. That hyphen makes all the difference;

I don't particularly like "labels" either, but we are stuck with them.

What I cannot and will not accept is that anyone who is not homosexual  should not be able to discuss the subject without being "labelled" either a bigot or a homophobe or, even sillier (and I'm sorry to say it since you introduced it) Right Wing.

I'm centre right and I make no apologies for it. One of the reasons that I left this and certain other forums is that they are often rabidly Left Wing and some posters are equally as intolerant as the worst hard liners on IAF. I genuinely felt unwelcome and a rank outsider here, though I have a lot of respect for Ben. I also badly needed a rest...losing a wife of 50 years was not an easy thing to cope with.

Hatred and bigotry cuts both ways, you know, and as one of the most tolerant and sensible posters I know I would have thought you would have appreciated that.

No, I do not get myself involved in the "hate" topics...not because I am (another jibe I'm sick and tired of hearing) a coward, but because I exercise what I obviously foolishly think is my absolute right not to do so. I have always made perfectly clear that I do not support far right politics, but I am not going to give equally obnoxious Left wing posters - and they exist in equal measure -  ammunition to pursue their acrimonious squabbles by dragging me into them.

But they know damn well that they do not have my support for their extreme politics, and to be honest they seem to accept that with far more willingness than people from your side of politics who post here and on IAF.

It's not my fault that the forums polarise so badly, but they do. And I am certainly not going to go round wearing a hair shirt and bewailing the evil of it all; I have other problems to contend with.

Lord ed, apart from bisexual bit and the part about losing your wife, I couldbe written this post lol
That's how I am on flap; I often think the posts and comments are way OTT but I don't have to reply to most of them as whats the point? I will sometimes say my piece but when people are that pig-headed what is the point?? They're not going to change!
Also, as you've said, I find this place a bit pukingly left and stupid at times - too scared to say that there are some real threats from Muslims because they're scared to use the "M" word!!!

So I applaud your post. I dint think you're homophobic, for the record, I just think that there's been a misunderstanding between you and didge - he does sometimes take a stick and run with it, without checking to see which end he's holding!

This is the nub of the whole problem, Eddie: Try as I may I simply cannot get through to many people that there is a marked difference between bisexuality and bi-sexuality. Surely I cannot be the only one who still refers to a "real" Oxford Dictionary to verify my interpretation of words.

I'm just too tired of the whole damn thing to go through it yet again - except to say that I was referring to the word bi-sexual (OK, I inadvertently missed out the hyphen in a later post) and that no-one with any reasonable understanding of English could conceivably (sorry, perhaps not the best word to use under the circumstances) believe that there could be anything approaching homophobia in my opinions - and everything I post is simply that; my opinion.

But when I am confronted by someone who drones on and on about how he has "caught me out", and how my own standard of English is "poor", and even how I have "f*cked up" by responding to his own horribly garbled post with the words "...and for those of us who speak English" when he thought it should have been "and for those of us who read English", then my normally even temper deteriorates rapidly.

Particularly after I had explained in words of as few syllables as possible that it was a bloody quotation!

Thanks for your kind words, Eddie. Much appreciated.

And these are my last words on the subject, and probably in this forum.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:57 am

Drones on?
I have moved on from talking about bisexuality, I have replied two posts to you where there is no abuse and now you wish to act stiil at odds is your business really, where you spent days slagging off my grammar to equate I had no qualification when I worked very hard to obtain this.

Your choice, if you do not wish to address my posts as you avoide all the racism and homophobia that is your choice, to me that just means you allow and make them acceptable.

I have moved on, maybe you need to do the same, where I even apologised, where it seems I am the better person for doing so where both of us exchanged poor words to each other.
I am happy to live with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:13 am

You're both great posters and I can only assume some misunderstanding happened.
Everyone knows Lord ed isn't stupid nor homophobic.
Didge your passion is great when you believe something.

I'm glad you've both agree to move on x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:15 am

eddie wrote:You're both great posters and I can only assume some misunderstanding happened.
Everyone knows Lord ed isn't stupid nor homophobic.
Didge your passion is great when you believe something.

I'm glad you've both agree to move on x

Eddie I had moved on from that and again had apologised for any bad feelings and things said and stated as all can see that I do not think he is homophobic. I did point out the logic around being glad not to be something which I said was an innocent view and noty homophobic.
I can do no more and have said my peace.

x

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum