NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That rolling droid from the new Star Wars trailer is real, and Luke Skywalker got to play with it

4 posters

Go down

That rolling droid from the new Star Wars trailer is real, and Luke Skywalker got to play with it Empty That rolling droid from the new Star Wars trailer is real, and Luke Skywalker got to play with it

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:00 am

That rolling droid from the new Star Wars trailer is real, and Luke Skywalker got to play with it Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_8r58y5xwfx8g488so8okcoc0s_1280

The first trailer for the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens has been picked apart almost literally frame-by-frame, but there are still a few surprises for fans. Mark Hamill, who is reprising the role of Luke Skywalker in the upcoming film, has revealed the rolling ball droid named BB-8 wasn't CGI, but a practical effect.

"They never cease to amaze me with what they’re able to come up with, you know? I said, 'How are you ever gonna top R2-D2, the most adorable droid in movie history?' And then they have this new one. I can’t even tell you his name, but you saw it in the trailer," Hamill told Yahoo Movies.

"And when they were demonstrating how they did this thing, live on set — because it’s not CGI, that’s a live prop — I was just amazed. They let me play around with it. [Laughs] I was running it all around at the creature shop up in Pinewood. I’m telling you, it’s an absolute delight. And not having thought that I’d ever go back there, to go back into that world, is just – I get the chills. It’s just so much fun."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/12/7385691/star-wars-droid-force-awakens
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

That rolling droid from the new Star Wars trailer is real, and Luke Skywalker got to play with it Empty Re: That rolling droid from the new Star Wars trailer is real, and Luke Skywalker got to play with it

Post by eddie Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:45 am

Boys! Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

That rolling droid from the new Star Wars trailer is real, and Luke Skywalker got to play with it Empty Re: That rolling droid from the new Star Wars trailer is real, and Luke Skywalker got to play with it

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:31 am

eddie wrote:Boys! Rolling Eyes

Yep, he'll always be the boy who whined about going to Toshi station to get some power converters to me Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:42 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Yep, he'll always be the boy who whined about going to Toshi station to get some power converters to me Smile

See I just heard blah blah toshi moshi converters bollocks..... That rolling droid from the new Star Wars trailer is real, and Luke Skywalker got to play with it 2190311264
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:57 am

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

See I just heard blah blah toshi moshi converters bollocks..... That rolling droid from the new Star Wars trailer is real, and Luke Skywalker got to play with it 2190311264

It's actually one of my better points when I argue that the prequels were indeed awful, but that the venerated "Original Trilogy" wasn't really that much better. See also -- "Who's scruffy looking?" Just one line of the often corny dialogue from the so-called best entry in the series.

I still love them all Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:03 pm

That rolling droid from the new Star Wars trailer is real, and Luke Skywalker got to play with it 2300614393
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:56 am

That rolling droid from the new Star Wars trailer is real, and Luke Skywalker got to play with it Star_wars
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down