NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"I can't breathe": U.S. sports stars step up protests of police slayings

2 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

"I can't breathe": U.S. sports stars step up protests of police slayings Empty "I can't breathe": U.S. sports stars step up protests of police slayings

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:57 am

Prominent professional athletes this weekend continued to join nationwide protests against the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner, two unarmed black men who were killed by police in separate incidents in St. Louis and New York City.

Detroit Lions running back Reggie Bush (pictured above) wrote “I Can’t Breathe” — Garner’s last words when he was choked to death by an NYPD officer in July — on a blue t-shirt that he wore on the field during pre-game warm-ups before Sunday’s game against Tampa Bay, and Cleveland Browns defensive back Johnson Bademosi wrote the same message on the back of the shirt he wore during warm-ups for his game against Indianapolis

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2014/12/08/3600602/pro-athletes-protest-eric-garners-death-with-i-cant-breathe-messages/

"I can't breathe": U.S. sports stars step up protests of police slayings Reggiebushap-638x451

"I can't breathe": U.S. sports stars step up protests of police slayings Johnsonbademosiap-638x458

"I can't breathe": U.S. sports stars step up protests of police slayings B4Q4QqMIcAAdtuT
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

"I can't breathe": U.S. sports stars step up protests of police slayings Empty Re: "I can't breathe": U.S. sports stars step up protests of police slayings

Post by veya_victaous Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:06 am

Respect... More of the high profile athletes should be doing this
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

"I can't breathe": U.S. sports stars step up protests of police slayings Empty Re: "I can't breathe": U.S. sports stars step up protests of police slayings

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:58 am

veya_victaous wrote:Respect... More of the high profile athletes should be doing this

It's fantastic, because if there's anything a lot of Americans are going to notice it's what these athletes are doing. Way better than any political talk show or evening news broadcast.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down