NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving for Uber

+3
nicko
Irn Bru
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Driving for Uber - Page 2 Empty Driving for Uber

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

The "ride-sharing" program just started up in my city and I'm thinking about trying it out. On the surface, it sounds like a good way to earn a little extra cash. Thoughts?

The biggest thing I'm worried about is that riders might not be too thrilled with my 2009 Chevy Aveo with a dent in the door ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Driving for Uber - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving for Uber

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:26 pm

Not long back, I was in a shop and there were two different sizes of the same product with the price tickets clearly mixed up. I guess you would have marched to the counter and accused the cashier of trying to deceive you, and then demanded that you should get the larger size at the lower price. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Not long back, I was in a shop and there were two different sizes of the same product with the price tickets clearly mixed up. I guess you would have marched to the counter and accused the cashier of trying to deceive you, and then demanded that you should get the larger size at the lower price. Laughing

lol! you do make me chuckle
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:25 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Not long back, I was in a shop and there were two different sizes of the same product with the price tickets clearly mixed up. I guess you would have marched to the counter and accused the cashier of trying to deceive you, and then demanded that you should get the larger size at the lower price. Laughing

Better than the option of saying nothing and paying more for less like a chump Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:47 am

No, but I clearly would have known; I read labels assiduously.  If I were to find a mistake like that, I might bring it to the attention of the cashier, even to the point of telling him or her that the store is cheating itself.  On the other hand I might not have standing if I'm not going to purchase the product.  My purpose is not the cheat, nor even to be punitive.  My purpose is to have all sides conduct themselves honestly.

Incidentally, I don't know that I have ever caught an error that wasn't in the store's favor. So your hypothetical is hard to place in my memory.

Raggs, you are always for following the rules...even inane rules.  Doesn't the first rule--simply be honest--mean anything to you?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2