NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm sad

+5
Original Quill
nicko
Eilzel
eddie
Cass
9 posters

Go down

I'm sad Empty I'm sad

Post by Cass Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:13 pm

so had a great day at work yesterday - 14 kids most in costumes for storytime, 3 new members, beautiful evening driving home when WHAM, a deer came right out in front of me.

it was awful. luckily a sheriff's deputy on way home stopped. he took all info and pics and made sure she was dead and not suffering. I couldn't stop crying. I wasn't speeding I was not given a ticket but I just feel so sick about it. first time. I had terrible nightmares all night even after popping a sleep aid pill. he said I was lucky it was a doe otherwise a buck would've come up through the windscreen and hurt me.

Mr. C has taken it to repair shop. doubt its worth going through insurance with a $500 deductible but ill call them in an hour. I don't care about the car and the inconvenience - I just keep seeing her eyes....I'm bawling as I type.....sorry had to let it out.....
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

I'm sad Empty Re: I'm sad

Post by eddie Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:17 pm

Oh Cass how awful. There's nothing I can say, but give you a hug xxxxxx
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:21 pm

eddie wrote:Oh Cass how awful. There's nothing I can say, but give you a hug xxxxxx

cheers lovey.....its gonna hurt to drive that way to work in a few hours. Dammit this is why I still cant watch bambi and old yeller.

apologies for my weird posts last night.....I was all over t'shops.....Mr. C and junior were not home and I was in shock I guess.

Last edited by Cass on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:31 pm

Sorry to hear Me Lady Best not beat yourself up about it and this may sound silly but to help take away the mental picture of what happened, focus on something that was even worse in your life, where you are now in control of how to handle, those thoughts.

It is never wrong to reach out nor be off for the day as anyone would after that, so no need to say sorry.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:36 pm

That must have been terrible Cass. There was nothing you could do, though I know that wont make you feel any better Sad xxx
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:43 pm

I had a friend who lived 4 doors away from me,he was going pigeon shooting early one morning when he hit a deer. It was still alive with one leg torn off and making horrible crying noises. HE got his gun out of the car and put the deer down with a shot to the head.He pulled the deer on to the verge and called the Police. The Police charged him with discharging a firearm in a built up area and took his gun [and two others] off him.He had to go to Court and was fined £200 for the offence and lost his guns! He appealed the sentence, the fine was reduced to £50 and his guns were returned. What a joke!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:54 pm

Cass just don't allow yourself to beat yourself up.
I'm going to be harsh here, but be thankful it was the deer that died and not the other way round xxx
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:07 pm

Sorry to hear it Cass - it is horrible when something like that happens because you are just never expecting it. The main thing is you were not hurt physically yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:34 pm

Po Cass. Sorry to hear it.

If it was in the mountains, that happens all the time. Also, black bears...mommas and cubs. They just run along the highway this time of year.

Oh well, when you get home have a glass of red.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:17 pm

Very sorry you're going through this, Cass! There really wasn't anything you could have done differently, of course, but I know it still can bring you down. Maybe feeding some critters would make you feel better I love you
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:10 pm

eddie wrote:Cass just don't allow yourself to beat yourself up.
I'm going to be harsh here, but be thankful it was the deer that died and not the other way round xxx

Good way of looking at it Eddie.

Nicko, common sense prevailed in the end.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:10 am

you guys rock. its a fact of life I know but still.....had a good cuddle with the kitties and the hound this morning.

having trick or treaters at work and home has cheered me up.

kid you not I saw 3 more deer in more or less the same spot on way home tonight....obviously a good munching spot for them. I admit to being a roughly nervous wreck driving home.

nicko - luckily (?) the deer died instantaneously and the deputy didn't have to shotot her - that would've done me in.

eds - ta xxxxx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:07 am

Of course, if you do snuff it Cass, I shall inherit your diamonds and that lovely ruby tiara you wear around the house....oh and your recipe book.

Ta muchly queen
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Cass wrote:so had a great day at work yesterday - 14 kids most in costumes for storytime, 3 new members, beautiful evening driving home when WHAM,  a deer came right out in front of me.

it was awful. luckily a sheriff's deputy on way home stopped. he took all info and pics and made sure she was dead and not suffering. I couldn't stop crying. I wasn't speeding I was not given a ticket but I just feel so sick about it. first time. I had terrible nightmares all night even after popping a sleep aid pill. he said I was lucky it was a doe otherwise a buck would've come up through the windscreen and hurt me.

Mr. C has taken it to repair shop. doubt its worth going through insurance with a $500 deductible but ill call them in an hour. I don't care about the car and the inconvenience - I just keep seeing her eyes....I'm bawling as I type.....sorry had to let it out.....

You poor thing x It must have been a terrible shock for you. Don't apologise for crying it needs to come out.
Hope you are feeling a bit better today xxxxx

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Cass,
As a hunter I see both sides of this....taking the life of an animal is of course no shock to me, as such, but under such circumstances I'm not surprised it shook you up and upset you so much.
It is one thing to set out with the intent of "harvesting" good meat direct from nature (and lets not get lost in an "ethics" debate here) It is Entirely another to have it dropped upon you unexpectedly, especially if you are not "used " to death. I can quite empathise with you, such an event would sadden me too, especially as (in general, and certainly "over here") we tend only to take weak injured or ""cull" animals (i.e those that have been makrked as "surplus" to the needs of the herd, and who's continued presence woud endanger the health and welfare of the rst of the herd)

I usually only shoot "for the pot"...if i cant eat it (or dont like eating it) I wont shoot it (the exception being some pests, like corvids, who's numbers have to be controlled for various reasons, and then only "in sufficient quantities)
the only other reason I would shoot something is over welfare issues (like the deer Nicko's friend dispatched)

and I hate hitting even crows or grey squirrels (a serious and persistant pest here) with the car....

but just remember, there was nothing you could do about it, and the most important thing is that YOU are safe and sound....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:00 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Cass,
      As a hunter I see both sides of this....taking the life of an animal is of course no shock to me, as such, but under such circumstances I'm not surprised it shook you up and upset you so much.
      It is one thing to set out with the intent of "harvesting" good meat direct from nature (and lets not get lost in an "ethics" debate here) It is Entirely another to have it dropped upon you unexpectedly, especially if you are not "used " to death. I can quite empathise with you, such an event would sadden me too, especially as (in general, and certainly "over here") we tend only to take weak injured or ""cull" animals (i.e those that have been makrked as "surplus" to the needs of the herd, and who's continued presence woud endanger the health and welfare of the rst of the herd)

I usually only shoot "for the pot"...if i cant eat it (or dont like eating it) I wont shoot it (the exception being some pests, like corvids, who's numbers have to be controlled for various reasons, and then only "in sufficient quantities)
the only other reason I would shoot something is over welfare issues (like the  deer Nicko's friend dispatched)

and I hate hitting even crows or grey squirrels (a serious and persistant pest here) with the car....

but just remember, there was nothing you could do about it, and the most important thing is that YOU are safe and sound....

+1 Victor, excellent.

You see this is one thing about us humans I love, where we can band together, when something happens to people we know and try to understand their pain, differences are put to one side where we all offer words of sympathy and help.
That to me is an encouraging sign, of how humans can progress past hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:23 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Cass,

the only other reason I would shoot something is over welfare issues (like the  deer Nicko's friend dispatched)

Reminds me of my first ever driving lesson when I came to an unplanned halt - in order to avoid 2 wood pigeons in the middle of the road. I was apologizing profusely to the instructor but he just observed that I had stopped safely without inconveniencing other road users before admitting he would have stopped if driving him self.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:21 pm

See all of the above???this is why I love all you crazy people. MWAH.

I KNOW its stupid but the 3 times I have passed by "the" place since, I have slowed down and yelled I'm so sorry out the window.....improvement today as I didn't burst into tears as well.

Anyhoos....the car will be fixed on Wednesday and life goes on.....so cheers me darlinks xxxxxx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:36 pm

eddie wrote:Of course, if you do snuff it Cass, I shall inherit your diamonds and that lovely ruby tiara you wear around the house....oh and your recipe book.

Ta muchly queen

Diamonds? Whilst being married to Mr C? You must be having a laff.....the rumour about the tiara is not true as well.....its a flashing lights one that I purchased to wear for William and Catherine's wedding....truly.....and ive already left it to the sister so you'll have to fight her for it (shes a lawyer so good luck with that).

as for the recipes? Since they're mostly in my head, i'll have to write them all down and publish them. I might leave you a discounted copy. I'm thinking of calling it - Well Butter My Buns And Call Me A Biscuit or Loaf is All You Knead- whadda ya think?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:20 am

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:Of course, if you do snuff it Cass, I shall inherit your diamonds and that lovely ruby tiara you wear around the house....oh and your recipe book.

Ta muchly queen

Diamonds? Whilst being married to Mr C? You must be having a laff.....the rumour about the tiara is not true as well.....its a flashing lights one that I purchased to wear for William and Catherine's wedding....truly.....and ive already left it to the sister so you'll have to fight her for it (shes a lawyer so good luck with that).

as for the recipes? Since they're mostly in my head, i'll have to write them all down and publish them. I might leave you a discounted copy. I'm thinking of calling it - Well Butter My Buns And Call Me A Biscuit or Loaf is All You Knead- whadda ya think?

I think your sister will be subtly "coerced" into parting with that tiara

And how about "Hot sticky buns dripping in butter - it's all you knead!" ?? bounce
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:25 am

Glad you're feeling better Cass. I'm sorry it had to happen to you.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum