NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too

+4
veya_victaous
Fuzzy Zack
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Go down

Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too Empty Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:26 am

A Republican adman unveiled a new public relations campaign this week to soften the image of the Grand Old Party using the guiding slogan “Republicans Are People, Too.” The promotional push came complete with a highly produced video, a website and social media efforts.

The project is the brainchild of Vinny Minchillo, a Mitt Romney presidential campaign veteran who helped produce ads for the White House candidate in 2012. The positive, feel-good campaign, Minchillo said, is meant to “let people know that it’s OK to be a Republican,” in a world in which he feels it has become “socially acceptable to say bad things about Republicans.”

That slogan, however, might sound familiar to some of the party’s greybeards. In 1974, when the heavily damaged GOP brand was reeling from the Watergate scandal that brought down Richard Nixon, the Republican National Committee launched its own “Republicans Are People Too” initiative in an attempt to recast the party before a skeptical public.

"It was the wail of pathetic losers," (Reagan biographer Craig) Shirley told Yahoo News.

The echo is a pure coincidence, Minchillo said when contacted by Yahoo News, adding that he had no idea about the 40-year-old campaign with the same tagline.

“That’s a little before my time. I’ll have to go back and take a look at it,” Minchillo said in a phone interview. “That’s really funny. Those were some pretty dark times for Republicans for sure.”

Minchillo, now an executive at the consulting firm Glass House Strategies, said he came up with the idea after seeing Republicans treated poorly, particularly on the Web.

http://news.yahoo.com/new--republicans-are-people-too--ad-campaign-repeats-slogan-gop-used-after-watergate-scandal-185625506.html

To bait fish withal: if it will feed nothing else,
it will feed my revenge. He hath disgraced me, and
hindered me half a million; laughed at my losses,
mocked at my gains, scorned my nation, thwarted my
bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine
enemies; and what's his reason? I am a Jew. Hath
not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs,
dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with
the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
to the same diseases, healed by the same means,
warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as
a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison
us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not
revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will
resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian,
what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian
wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by
Christian example? Why, revenge. The villany you
teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I
will better the instruction.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too Empty Re: Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:08 pm

The issue is not that Republicans are people, but that Republicans hate people.

They don't want people to have good health; they don't want people to have food; they don't want people to have shelter, transportation or a clean environment.  Their hatred for the black race is legend, and it has extended to Hispanics by now. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02/20/hate-crime-victimization-statistics-show-rise-in-anti-hispanic-crime.html  Their war on women is totalitarian, and rivals Nazi Germany for invasive tactics such as faulty trans-vaginal mesh implants in Virginia.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/virginia-transvaginal-ultrasound-bill/

But most of all, the Republicans are known for their hatred of democracy.  In Florida they refuse to count votes.  In 2000 Republicans called the Republican Supreme Court to in to supplant democracy with their edict.  In Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin they pass law after law to prevent blacks from voting.  Now, in Texas, the Republican led legislature will not even allow women to vote under a married name--they have to vote under the name on their birth certificate.  http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/25/texas-voter-id-law-prevents-women-voting-married.html

Now Republicans come to us, hat in hand and tear in eye, claiming that they are people too.  Yeah...bad ones!

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too Empty Re: Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:32 pm

Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too F_d4c7edf59e

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too F_d4c7edf59e
you got a like for that Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:24 am

has Minchillo not seen how Democrats are treated poorly on the Internet or is he suffering from a convenient case of one sided blindness?

heck its not even just social media.....has he never listened to some of the great thinkers of our time such as Sarah Palin or Donald Trump, say some very odious things about non-republicans on Tv, at events or in (ghostwritten) news (sic) articles?

Quill - thanks for head up on yet another fine laws from the whack jobs in Austin.....going to read about it....
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:03 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Original Quill wrote:The issue is not that Republicans are people, but that Republicans hate people.

They don't want people to have good health; they don't want people to have food; they don't want people to have shelter, transportation or a clean environment.  Their hatred for the black race is legend, and it has extended to Hispanics by now.  Their war on women is totalitarian, and rivals Nazi Germany for invasive tactics such as faulty trans-vaginal mesh implants in Virginia.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/virginia-transvaginal-ultrasound-bill/

But most of all, the Republicans are known for their hatred of democracy.  In Florida they refuse to count votes.  In Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin they pass law after law to prevent blacks from voting.  Now, in Texas, the Republican led legislature will not even allow women to vote under a married name--they have to vote under the name on their birth certificate.  http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/25/texas-voter-id-law-prevents-women-voting-married.html

Now Republicans come to us, hat in hand and tear in eye, claiming that they are people too.  Yeah...bad ones!

Profoundly true. All full blooded conservatives seem to be the same.

And they all look strangely reptilian.  Not many like to reptiles.

you take that back Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Reptiles are far to pure to be Republicans

Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too 571370-lizards

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:55 am

I dont think you can even call them that Wolf

Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too Z7DTsrD

More like something out of Tolkien
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:52 am

Cass wrote:has Minchillo not seen how Democrats are treated poorly on the Internet or is he suffering from a convenient case of one sided blindness?

heck its not even just social media.....has he never listened to some of the great thinkers of our time such as Sarah Palin or Donald Trump, say some very odious things about non-republicans on Tv, at events or in (ghostwritten) news (sic) articles?

Quill - thanks for head up on yet another fine laws from the whack jobs in Austin.....going to read about it....

Let's not forget this Sarah Palin gem from just before Democrat Gabrielle Giffords was nearly assassinated:

Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too 18k2d72iz9k0hjpg
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:has Minchillo not seen how Democrats are treated poorly on the Internet or is he suffering from a convenient case of one sided blindness?

Let's not forget this Sarah Palin gem from just before Democrat Gabrielle Giffords was nearly assassinated:

Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too 18k2d72iz9k0hjpg

oh trust me I haven't forgotten that. after that day I lost all respect for her as a human being let alone a politician.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:42 pm

She's still at it.  Her family attended a birthday party recently and got into a drunken brawl that the daughter and her ex started.  The host had to ask them to leave.

Mail Online wrote:A weekend fight allegedly involving nearly every member of the Sarah Palin's family was actually started by her daughter' ex-boyfriend, according to a source close to the family.

It had been reported that the drunken brawl erupted when the Palin pack apparently had a run-in with Connor Cleary, an ex-boyfriend of Willow, 20, on Saturday night in South Anchorage, Alaska.

But a source from the Palin side is now claiming it began when Cleary 'tried to get in' to the Hummer limousine after he had engaged in some unspecified 'questionable behavior.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2755120/Sarah-Palin-s-family-brawl-started-daughter-s-ex-boyfriend-tried-Hummer-limo-engaged-questionable-behavior.html

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 pm

The Levi Johnstone Blues Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:36 am

Republican's and Tories are a match made in hell...

Gone with the wind Laughing

Republicans (again) feel compelled to insist they're people, too Gone_with_the_wind
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:12 am

The Tories have far more in common with the Democrats than they do the Republicans Irn and I do not support the Republicans, even most Tories back the Democrats and have for some years now, as the Republicans are too right wing in view points Irn. This is what is so bad about how people are labelled over the party they back within an election, when people share any different view points but over some they differ which makes the difference in political support, one person may just favour the economic policies of a party which is way more important to them.

I could if I wanted to show the argument and points made here are absurd, as how may conflicts in the 20th century were started by Democrat Presidents compared to Republicans?

Plus do any of you know your American history:

Believing that “standing armies in time of peace are inconsistent with the principles of republican governments [and] dangerous to the liberties of a free people,” the U.S. legislature disbanded the Continental Army following the Revolutionary War, except for a few dozen troops guarding munitions at West Point, New York, and Fort Pitt, Pennsylvania. Yet it also called upon four well-manned state militias to provide 700 men in order to deal with potential threats from Native Americans and the British. A reorganized version of this so-called First American Regiment essentially would be all President George Washington had at his command upon taking office in April 1789.

This is the problem Ben and I spoke of the other day, how people are cast into groups based off support of a party i how they vote for them in an election, which policies continually change over time, which is why I find Quills obsession with the Republicans unhealthy to be honest, by casting them with such anti views all the time is not going to change perceptions of people but make many more defensive towards how they are perceived. Of course there is Republicans also who do the same in views towards the Democrats also being wrong. The main point is to talk about the polices and not wrap up the people who vote for them, because people can always change their vote, yet politics is less and less argued over policy points but based off the charisma of Politicians and slagging matches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:54 am

Dodge said......

"The Tories have far more in common with the Democrats than they do the Republicans...."

lol!

That's my line!!!!!

I've been saying that for ages on here!!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:49 am

Original Quill wrote:She's still at it.  Her family attended a birthday party recently and got into a drunken brawl that the daughter and her ex started.  The host had to ask them to leave.

Mail Online wrote:A weekend fight allegedly involving nearly every member of the Sarah Palin's family was actually started by her daughter' ex-boyfriend, according to a source close to the family.

It had been reported that the drunken brawl erupted when the Palin pack apparently had a run-in with Connor Cleary, an ex-boyfriend of Willow, 20, on Saturday night in South Anchorage, Alaska.

But a source from the Palin side is now claiming it began when Cleary 'tried to get in' to the Hummer limousine after he had engaged in some unspecified 'questionable behavior.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2755120/Sarah-Palin-s-family-brawl-started-daughter-s-ex-boyfriend-tried-Hummer-limo-engaged-questionable-behavior.html

I saw that. what an upstanding role model of a family......hope they stay in Alaska period.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down