NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago

Go down

The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago Empty The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:59 pm

More than two years after the sensational kidnapping and murder of Charles Lindbergh’s 20-month-old son, authorities finally made an arrest on September 19, 1934. On the 80th anniversary of the capture of Bruno Hauptmann, read how a New York City gas attendant and Franklin D. Roosevelt’s monetary policy contributed to the big break in the “crime of the century.”

Shortly before 10 a.m. on September 15, 1934, a dark blue Dodge sedan pulled up to the gasoline pumps at a Warner-Quinlan service station on Lexington Avenue in upper Manhattan. Manager Walter Lyle walked over to the car and filled it with five gallons of ethyl as the man behind the wheel requested. “That’s 98 cents,” the attendant told the driver, who reached into his inside coat pocket and pulled a $10 bill from a white envelope.

http://www.history.com/news/the-capture-of-the-lindbergh-baby-kidnapper-80-years-ago

Back to top Go down

The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago Empty Re: The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago

Post by Cass Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:02 pm

Fascinating story and so tragic. I never liked Lindbergh but I did like his wife Anne Morrow Lindbergh - her memoirs are very interesting and well written.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago Empty Re: The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago

Post by Cass Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Fascinating story and so tragic. I never liked Lindbergh but I did like his wife Anne Morrow Lindbergh - her memoirs are very interesting and well written.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down