NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Al Jazeera TV hits the U.S. market

2 posters

Go down

Al Jazeera TV hits the U.S. market Empty Al Jazeera TV hits the U.S. market

Post by Caution Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:16 am

They've invested hundreds of millions of dollars to be in the news game in America, and I couldn't be happier.
I see Drudge already has tried out a couple different logos on his headline for it today, which only means one thing - the base is scared.
It'll be fun to see what Fox News has to say about the station once things get going.
Hey, maybe it'll even force CNN to reconsider what they've become!

I could be fooling myself into thinking a good chunk of the country would like access to better news reporting, who knows.

Caution
Caution
the Ghost who mods, Lord of the Shadow realms, *may contain peanuts

Back to top Go down

Al Jazeera TV hits the U.S. market Empty Re: Al Jazeera TV hits the U.S. market

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:05 am

It'll be nice to have more international news in the U.S.; hope that's their intent. I can't imagine them virtually cheering for a Middle Eastern war as our networks did a decade ago ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Al Jazeera TV hits the U.S. market Empty Yes

Post by Caution Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:32 am

More international coverage is most certainly part of what's to come. Real, hard-hitting news will be its singular goal. They're dragging journalism in America back to a respectable place, whether it likes it or not. Talent from other networks have been hired on, even some that didn't think they'd ever get back into the game after leaving.

They're not worried about courting sponsors or going into the red. The government of Qatar wholly owns them. There will be six minutes of ads an hour, compared to 15 on news networks now. Not having an issue with money means they won't give two flying fucks about what corporations or politicians think.

I see Fox is already hard at work fitting it into their narrative.

Last edited by Caution on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : redundancy)
Caution
Caution
the Ghost who mods, Lord of the Shadow realms, *may contain peanuts

Back to top Go down

Al Jazeera TV hits the U.S. market Empty Re: Al Jazeera TV hits the U.S. market

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down