NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colombian cycling team won't change from uniform that's flesh-colored in the crotchal zone

4 posters

Go down

Colombian cycling team won't change from uniform that's flesh-colored in the crotchal zone Empty Colombian cycling team won't change from uniform that's flesh-colored in the crotchal zone

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:30 am

Colombian cycling team won't change from uniform that's flesh-colored in the crotchal zone _77658251_reuters_cycling

A Colombian women's cycling team has said that it will not stop wearing its flesh-coloured uniforms.

The cyclists held a press conference in the capital Bogota wearing the kit, which has a flesh-coloured section between stomach and thighs.

"I've already said that I designed the uniform.

"And as an athlete, as a woman, as the cyclist that I am, I wouldn't be ashamed with this kind of design," said Angie Rojas, one of the team members.

The president of the International Cycling Union (UCI), Brian Cookson, said the uniforms were "unacceptable by any standard of decency".

The uniforms were worn by the IDRD-Bogota Humana-San Mateo-Solgar riders at the Tour of Tuscany in Italy over the weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29250342

Cookson's an OBE, FYI.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Colombian cycling team won't change from uniform that's flesh-colored in the crotchal zone Empty Re: Colombian cycling team won't change from uniform that's flesh-colored in the crotchal zone

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:13 am

I don't get it. They look all right to me. I mean, if someone took a sharpie and drew in some pubic hairs, that might be a bit much. But that isn't the case.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Colombian cycling team won't change from uniform that's flesh-colored in the crotchal zone Empty Re: Colombian cycling team won't change from uniform that's flesh-colored in the crotchal zone

Post by eddie Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:48 am

Nope. Sorry. Looks stupid just as all flesh-coloured/ beige clothes do.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:01 pm

Personally, I think the shadows make the uniforms look quite awkward, at least in that photo. Maybe they should shine a spotlight on their bikini zones to prevent that Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:20 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Personally, I think the shadows make the uniforms look quite awkward, at least in that photo. Maybe they should shine a spotlight on their bikini zones to prevent that Smile

What do you wanna bet the photographer who took that photo arranged that lighting (to create the shadows)? He is not going to miss making a point.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:11 am

Original Quill wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Personally, I think the shadows make the uniforms look quite awkward, at least in that photo. Maybe they should shine a spotlight on their bikini zones to prevent that Smile

What do you wanna bet the photographer who took that photo arranged that lighting (to create the shadows)?  He is not going to miss making a point.

Hmmm, maybe. I know that as a sometimes-photographer I often wish dearly I could have more control over the lighting ... or the editorial decision-making that deems one photo is published over another.

I took this photo recently, considered it one of the better sports action photos I've taken:

Colombian cycling team won't change from uniform that's flesh-colored in the crotchal zone Ervin-Hill1_zpse7126695

... it was deemed worthy of a two-column space in which his planted hand and trailing foot were both cropped out ::hdintowll:: ::hdintowll:: ::hdintowll::
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:21 am

Sorry, I have to whine about that one a little bit more. Just look at that damn photo. You can see the setting sun and the press box, along with a teammate, reflected on the player's helmet. You can see the next yard line and another teammate's helmet reflected in the kid's sunglasses! You have the hand on the ground and the foot in the air. You even have the drama of the opposing players piling upon one another as they try to bring him down. Anybody who crops that photo has no soul. No soul I say!

Or was just trying to make the photo and the text fit into the allotted space ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:15 pm

Yes it is a great photo (who are the SH Texans?).  The running back's whole body is a symphony in motion...what kind of an idiot would interrupt the flow and force of him?  And you are right: there is a whole story written in the reflection of the helmet.  Fantastic on several different levels.

Editors can be terrorists.  I once wrote an article for a legal journal and I swear the editor didn't even read it.  He decided to cut the section that pulled it all together...completely out of the piece.  Totally gone.  All that I had slaved over...gone.

Now, WTF???  Imagine Mona Lisa.  Now imagine someone takes a © Sharpie and he changes her smile to an open grin...with two teeth missing!  Editors are idiots sometimes.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:14 pm

Sam Houston High School of Arlington, the Texans. Thanks for your support, it was just one of many times I've proudly turned something over to an editor just to watch him/her put their stamp on it ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:23 pm

But maybe it's a bit our own fault. After all, in this world we are all salesmen of sorts. We have to sell our ideas, even to the least intelligent and insightful.

Sometimes we get an editor who just doesn't get it. Who sees a deadline and a paycheck over infinite beauty! Lol. Would that I could make the world my own.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down