NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'

Go down

Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes' Empty Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:18 pm

The modern European gene pool was formed when three ancient populations mixed within the last 7,000 years, Nature journal reports.
Blue-eyed, swarthy hunters mingled with brown-eyed, pale skinned farmers as the latter swept into Europe from the Near East.
But another, mysterious population with Siberian affinities also contributed to the genetic landscape of the continent.
The findings are based on analysis of genomes from nine ancient Europeans.
Agriculture originated in the Near East - in modern Syria, Iraq and Israel - before expanding into Europe around 7,500 years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29213892

Back to top Go down

Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes' Empty Re: Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Really interesting, especially the point about how you don't really see dark-skinned populations with blue eyes anymore. Of course, we have a good number of people like that in the U.S.:

Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes' Vanessa-williams

Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes' James-Earl-Jones-

Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes' Denise_vasi_
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes' Empty Re: Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:40 am

I thought the very interesting part, was the genetic association being related to native American Indians, as we already know everyone descends from Africa, thus all the first humans were of what is defined as black skin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:52 am

Didge wrote:I thought the very interesting part, was the genetic association being related to native American Indians, as we already know everyone descends from Africa, thus all the first humans were of what is defined as black skin.

Very true, I must have skimmed right past that Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:56 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:I thought the very interesting part, was the genetic association being related to native American Indians, as we already know everyone descends from Africa, thus all the first humans were of what is defined as black skin.

I doubt it will go down to well with the far right. ::D::
What is interesting again is that Europeans are thus made up of 3 migrations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:08 am

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

And that's just what this survey came up with Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:17 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:

And that's just what this survey came up with Smile

Indeed Ben, much more to learn I guess.

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down