NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 Ways Your Body Betrays You

4 posters

Go down

7 Ways Your Body Betrays You Empty 7 Ways Your Body Betrays You

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:17 am

Illusions
7 Ways Your Body Betrays You Ponzo-670-140912

THINKSTOCK
“Your brain is constantly generating expectations about the world and sending it back to the sensory system, so you interpret it in light of your expectations,” said Alexandre Pouget, a cognitive neuroscience researcher at the University of Geneva.
So, if you’re walking around the block and someone is walking toward you, your brain starts calculating the probability of who it’s likely to be. That’s why you’ll think it’s your next-door neighbor instead of a friend from another town. And most of the time, you’ll be right: "It's counter-intuitive, but it's a smart strategy," Pouget said. "You'd think that you look at a face to figure out the identity of a person, but in fact the brain predicts the probability of who it's likeliest to be mathematically."
You can see how our expectations affect us in optical illusions as well. Take the classic Ponzo Illusion: two lines on a road or railroad track. Because we perceive one as being farther away, we see it as bigger when a ruler proves they are actually the same length.

http://news.discovery.com/human/life/ways-your-body-betrays-you-140912.htm

Back to top Go down

7 Ways Your Body Betrays You Empty Re: 7 Ways Your Body Betrays You

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Erections!

It's the one part of the body that completely works against you.  You meet a pretty young thing...oh so cute...and you suavely walk up to introduce yourself.  Here's the one time you want to be completely cool, and your boy down there has other ideas.  **pant, pant...let's go get her, boss!  Eh boss, c'mon...**

I mean, how can we have culture and integrity in the world with that boy pitching a tent in your pants?  And didja ever try to dance with one?

And when your mum catches you with your new gf in your bedroom after school...I mean, try to convince her you were just showing off your rock collection...with that boy at full mast.

I've always figured erections are your mortal enemy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:43 pm

I find erections very hard work.
Firstly there's the pole and the hard ground, and don't get me started on the flaps.

I hate tents.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Frazzled Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:56 pm

Didge wrote:Illusions
7 Ways Your Body Betrays You Ponzo-670-140912

THINKSTOCK
“Your brain is constantly generating expectations about the world and sending it back to the sensory system, so you interpret it in light of your expectations,” said Alexandre Pouget, a cognitive neuroscience researcher at the University of Geneva.
So, if you’re walking around the block and someone is walking toward you, your brain starts calculating the probability of who it’s likely to be. That’s why you’ll think it’s your next-door neighbor instead of a friend from another town. And most of the time, you’ll be right: "It's counter-intuitive, but it's a smart strategy," Pouget said. "You'd think that you look at a face to figure out the identity of a person, but in fact the brain predicts the probability of who it's likeliest to be mathematically."
You can see how our expectations affect us in optical illusions as well. Take the classic Ponzo Illusion: two lines on a road or railroad track. Because we perceive one as being farther away, we see it as bigger when a ruler proves they are actually the same length.

http://news.discovery.com/human/life/ways-your-body-betrays-you-140912.htm
Interesting Didge.

And erm ....... and commiserations on your erection problems boys.  Have you tried slamming it in a door ? :::grouch::
Frazzled
Frazzled
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:21 am

Frazzled wrote:And erm ....... and commiserations on your erection problems boys.  Have you tried slamming it in a door ? :::grouch::

Tired of replacing doors.  

7 Ways Your Body Betrays You Burglar-entering-through-br 7 Ways Your Body Betrays You IMGP2112

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:50 am

lol! Quill
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Frazzled Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:55 am

Haha  tongue
Frazzled
Frazzled
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:Erections!

It's the one part of the body that completely works against you.  You meet a pretty young thing...oh so cute...and you suavely walk up to introduce yourself.  Here's the one time you want to be completely cool, and your boy down there has other ideas.  **pant, pant...let's go get her, boss!  Eh boss, c'mon...**

I mean, how can we have culture and integrity in the world with that boy pitching a tent in your pants?  And didja ever try to dance with one?

And when your mum catches you with your new gf in your bedroom after school...I mean, try to convince her you were just showing off your rock collection...with that boy at full mast.

I've always figured erections are your mortal enemy.

QUILL!!!! 7 Ways Your Body Betrays You Naught34 I can tell you are posting from experience 7 Ways Your Body Betrays You Giggl118 x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

7 Ways Your Body Betrays You Rofl45 I really must watch Anchorman 2! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down