NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smile of a survivor: Baby lives after her mum refused to turn off life support machine

Go down

Smile of a survivor: Baby lives after her mum refused to turn off life support machine  Empty Smile of a survivor: Baby lives after her mum refused to turn off life support machine

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Evie Shearer Fanning was just eight months old when she was admitted to hospital and her parents were urged to say goodbye to their daughter

Smile of a survivor: Baby lives after her mum refused to turn off life support machine  PAY-Evie-Shearer-Fanning
A mum who ignored advice from doctors to switch off her daughter's life support machine has described her girl as a 'miracle baby'. Little Evie Shearer Fanning was taken into hospital with a routine chest infection when she was only eight-months-old when her heart suddenly stopped

A mum who ignored advice from doctors to switch off her daughter's life support machine has described her girl as a 'miracle baby'.

Little Evie Shearer Fanning was taken into hospital with a routine chest infection when she was only eight-months-old when her heart suddenly stopped.

The toddler was diagnosed with an extremely rare muscle-wasting disease, spinal muscular atrophy, leaving her paralysed from the neck down.

She also needs a machine 24 hours a day to help her breathe.

Her condition was so bleak that doctors advised devastated mum Abbi Shearer, 21, to sign a form agreeing to turn her daughter's life support machine off.

But Abbi, from Anfield, Liverpool, refused and told doctors her daughter, who is now 16-months-old, would battle through against the odds.

Abbi said: "I always feared the worst because doctors told me she would probably never talk and that she'd have a really poor standard of life.

"To be told by professionals that the best thing to do was to say goodbye to your daughter was heartbreaking.

"But I never wanted to sign those forms to turn off her life support - that would have been like admitting defeat.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/smile-survivor-baby-lives-after-4054511#ixzz3AUcuhcYj
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Brilliant! Doctors don't always know best.

Back to top Go down

Smile of a survivor: Baby lives after her mum refused to turn off life support machine  Empty Re: Smile of a survivor: Baby lives after her mum refused to turn off life support machine

Post by eddie Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Oh what a beautiful bubba!!!  I love you I love you 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Smile of a survivor: Baby lives after her mum refused to turn off life support machine  Empty Re: Smile of a survivor: Baby lives after her mum refused to turn off life support machine

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:05 pm

And good for the Mum for holding out and not turning it off.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Absolutely!! Sometimes a mother's instinct is greater than anyone's
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:19 pm

eddie wrote:Absolutely!! Sometimes a mother's instinct is greater than anyone's

And I bet she was under some pressure to sign.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:21 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:Absolutely!! Sometimes a mother's instinct is greater than anyone's

Yes I bet she was. Sometimes you just "know" though, don't you....?
Hope that baby keeps bringing her joy and happiness.
I love a happy ending x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:22 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Yes I bet she was. Sometimes you just "know" though, don't you....?
Hope that baby keeps bringing her joy and happiness.
I love a happy ending x

Me too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down