NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clegg shifts on immigration; have Britons become fearful of the wider world?

+5
veya_victaous
Tommy Monk
nicko
Lone Wolf
Ben Reilly
9 posters

Go down

Clegg shifts on immigration; have Britons become fearful of the wider world? Empty Clegg shifts on immigration; have Britons become fearful of the wider world?

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Mark the moment. The debate on mass immigration – a debate that began on June 22 1948, when the former German troopship Empire Windrush pulled into Tilbury dock carrying 500 “sons of empire” – is officially over. Consensus has taken its place.

Yesterday, The Guardian reported that Nick Clegg, in what the paper correctly identified as “a significant change of tone”, will this morning call for EU member states to begin to “put the brakes on” immigration from EU countries. A few hours later he will be followed by Labour’s work and pensions spokesman Rachel Reeves. Reeves will announce that her party is preparing to cut benefits for new migrants. “It isn’t right that somebody who has worked hard all their lives and has contributed to the system is entitled to only the same as somebody who has just come to this country,” she told The Sun on Sunday.

Both of these interventions follow last week’s article in this paper from the Prime Minister, in which he wrote of his Government’s new policy of “deport first, appeal later”. It was, he said, all part of his plan to build “a country that is not a soft touch”.

With Clegg’s surrender, the final domino has fallen. For the first time in over half a century each of the three major political parties will enter the election calling for curbs on immigration. The anti-immigration lobby, which at turns has counted such diverse figures as Enoch Powell, Margaret Thatcher, Frank Field, William Hague, Nick Griffin and Nigel Farage among its number, has won.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danhodges/100282452/britons-have-become-scared-of-the-wider-world/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clegg shifts on immigration; have Britons become fearful of the wider world? Empty Re: Clegg shifts on immigration; have Britons become fearful of the wider world?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:50 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Smile 

I wouldn't know about Brit's in general, nor at large...

BUT Big Andy, Tess, VoD+, Smelly', Tess', Raggs, nicko, Tommy and Puzzler all seemed to have various issues at times..    Razz

(Welfare "BENEFITS" is another matter again, though - if those same "migrants" came to Oz, they now have to wait more than two years to even get a look in..).

BUT Big Andy, Tess, VoD+, Smelly', Tess', Raggs, nicko, Tommy and Puzzler all seemed to have various issues at times.. Razz............Along with millions of other decent people.

Back to top Go down

Clegg shifts on immigration; have Britons become fearful of the wider world? Empty Re: Clegg shifts on immigration; have Britons become fearful of the wider world?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:53 pm

I don't think Brits have become fearful of the wider world, they just want it to remain the wider world

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:07 pm

Nems wrote:I don't think Brits have become fearful of the wider world, they just want it to remain the wider world

It would help if the UK was a geographically larger nation,which would help accommodate more people.But it's not & where are all of these extra people supposed to go?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:11 pm

we could send them to oz,they have the room,wolf could put a few up .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:26 pm

nicko wrote:we could send them to oz,they have the room,wolf could put a few up .

Be careful what you say Nicko,because the last time I suggested that,I was accused of racism by the usual suspects.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:19 pm

Britain has plenty of room, so either the majority believes the falsehood that there's not, or there's another reason the British say they don't want the wider world nearer to them.

I suspect it's the same reason for this:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:16 pm

The countries of origin have plenty of room.

We don't want or need any more immigrants.

If people come here to work then they should work or return home.

Our previous work visa system should be reinstated.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:31 pm

nicko wrote:we could send them to oz,they have the room,wolf could put a few up .

we already take double the number you do EVERY year...

What do you guys not understand  Suspect  Suspect 
the UK does NOT take a lot of immigrants compared to either Australia or the USA Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:15 am

Reducing immigration into the UK will have strong negative effects on the economy and would result in an income tax hike, a new study predicts.

The projections, contained within a paper published on Monday by the National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR), are the result of academics modelling the current Conservative party migration target to reduce net migration "from hundreds of thousands to tens of thousands". The research estimates that by 2060, UK GDP would be 11% lower than it would be otherwise.

The thinktank wrote: "Achieving [the Conservative] target would require reducing recent net migration numbers by a factor of about two ... The results show that such a significant reduction in net migration has strong negative effects on the economy. By 2060 the levels of both GDP and GDP per person fall by 11% and 2.7% respectively. Moreover, this policy has a significant impact on public finances. To keep the government budget balanced, the effective labour income tax rate has to be increased by 2.2 percentage points in the lower migration scenario."

The paper was part of a series of studies on the economics of migration that it says follows "recent policy changes [that] have made it significantly more difficult for skilled and highly-skilled workers, students and family members from outside the EU to migrate to the UK". Anna Rosso, a research fellow at NIESR, added: "The result has been a reduction in the pool of talent available to businesses in the UK. The long-term consequences are likely to be damaging."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/04/reducing-immigration-slow-uk-economy-tax-rises
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:42 am

Rubbish.

High immigration is The cause of the problems, not the The solution....

It has increased cost of living while driving down wages.

Plus immigrants don't pay anywhere near enough in taxes to cover the additional costs of them being here.

£5-6,000 a year per child per school place alone is enormous negative impact.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:04 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Rubbish.

Plus immigrants don't pay anywhere near enough in taxes to cover the additional costs of them being here.

ENGLAND has Very few Immigrants and has Economy that is Shit house so
Reality and Evidence say Your FULL OF SHIT.

IF Immigrants were bad why Are you so Shit???

IF Immigrants were bad why do nations like Australia and USA that take HEAPS more every years and already had heaps more to begin with Got so much more money and growth and so much stronger economies?

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:06 am

Shady wrote:

Be careful what you say Nicko,because the last time I suggested that,I was accused of racism by the usual suspects.

Actually we called you and ignorant twat which you are so  ::finger:: ::finger:: ::finger:: 

Because AGAIN UK DOES NOT TAKE MANY IMMIGRANTS
FUCK all Immigrant are in the UK

POMMIES ARE JUST WHINING RACISTS!!!!
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:10 am

veya_victaous wrote:

IF Immigrants were bad why do nations like Australia and USA that take HEAPS more every years and already had heaps more to begin with Got so much more money and growth and so much stronger economies?

Fuckin' A. The UK is hell-bent on making itself into a third-world country via racist anti-immigration sentiments.

I hate to see it happen to the pommies I happen to like here ... but hell, every country has to learn its lessons, mine and yours included. But especially mine, seeing as we here wield the power without wisdom ... I'm just cheering for (I hope you appreciate my attempt to speak Australian and not say 'rooting for,' which would be my natural expression) the good type who love their fellow human and are generous ... yeah, it's time for this song again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA1Hxqorgpw
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:55 am

I have been on record for years saying Scotland has huge areas of no population, hundreds of islands some uninhabited.  Why can't they all go there ?

Because they don't want too. They can't beg from their own and their own have nothing to steal.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:58 am

gerber wrote:I have been on record for years saying Scotland has huge areas of no population, hundreds of islands some uninhabited.  Why can't they all go there ?

Because they don't want too.  They can't beg from their own and their own have nothing to steal.

Nobody goes to Scotland unless they want to disappear off the face of the earth. No offence, I'm just sayin'.

But come on, most of the world's immigrants are fleeing some hell-hole, would we be any different in their situation?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:05 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
gerber wrote:I have been on record for years saying Scotland has huge areas of no population, hundreds of islands some uninhabited.  Why can't they all go there ?

Because they don't want too.  They can't beg from their own and their own have nothing to steal.

Nobody goes to Scotland unless they want to disappear off the face of the earth. No offence, I'm just sayin'.

But come on, most of the world's immigrants are fleeing some hell-hole, would we be any different in their situation?

In exceptional circumstances. Problem is though the vast majority have crossed many borders on purpose to reach France and then get to England. Why not stay in first safe country ?

Heard on the wires this week though can't find a link a Somalia immigrant was arrested on a bus going to Belgium from Calais. He was livid as he gotten on the wrong bus.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:11 am

gerber wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

In exceptional circumstances.  Problem is though the vast majority have crossed many borders on purpose to reach France and then get to England.  Why not stay in first safe country ?  

Heard on the wires this week though can't find a link a Somalia immigrant was arrested on a bus going to Belgium from Calais.  He was livid as he gotten on the wrong bus.  

Well, Belgium's another of those places Smile

Though still, for the most part, they're like you and me, right?

I still go back to the shit you hear Americans talking about Mexicans. Hell, my boss is Mexican and he's always been in my corner. I think it's just the bad people making the news. The good folks who go about living their lives as good people don't warrant headlines, but I think they make up the majority.

Either that or I still have much of my innocence to lose ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:31 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
gerber wrote:

In exceptional circumstances.  Problem is though the vast majority have crossed many borders on purpose to reach France and then get to England.  Why not stay in first safe country ?  

Heard on the wires this week though can't find a link a Somalia immigrant was arrested on a bus going to Belgium from Calais.  He was livid as he gotten on the wrong bus.  

Well, Belgium's another of those places Smile

Though still, for the most part, they're like you and me, right?

I still go back to the shit you hear Americans talking about Mexicans. Hell, my boss is Mexican and he's always been in my corner. I think it's just the bad people making the news. The good folks who go about living their lives as good people don't warrant headlines, but I think they make up the majority.

Either that or I still have much of my innocence to lose ...

I agree they are.

But Calais is full of Eastern Europeans who want to jump on the UK hand out bandwagon. The genuine refugees should be shared out fairly according to country size. The Eastern ones give all the refugges a vary bad name. France tries to deport them, Germany has had enough and it blocks the whole for the rest.

Your boss sounds fabulous.

I am of the opinion though when in Rome..... If that happens all would be good.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:15 am

Immigration controls are good thing, whether this is oz or Pomland, we need the right type of immigrants, the type that work and contribute, and the facts show that most do work and most do contribute positively to each respective society, the substantive issue is that immigration, if controlled, monitored and regulated is a good thing, immigrants are part and parcel of life, and they'll be needed to keep up and cover our pensions and our retirement plans.

As for living in Oz,,,,

"Let's tackle your most important question first. Yes, the spiders are big and they're confused. Dinner-plate-sized arachnids can meander into your house looking for spider sex – only to find (quite understandable) human violence. I've seen one that could feed a family of four in my kitchen. Many Australians also have this "thing" that they have been told to keep away from anything with eight legs all their lives – so, as the Brit, you'll be the person responsible for banging it over the head with a mop or scooping it in a bucket (a pint glass won't do). Eventually, once you've been assaulted by the swarms of flies and winged things even the locals can't identify, you'll be team spider anyway."
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:21 am

BUT Big Andy, Tess, VoD+, Smelly', Tess', Raggs, nicko, Tommy and Puzzler all seemed to have various issues at times..    Razz

(Welfare "BENEFITS" is another matter again, though - if those same "migrants" came to Oz, they now have to wait more than two years to even get a look in..).

My main issue is with the number of people here. One can hardly move as it is, what with traffic jams, crowded trains, and no parking spaces. I do also have concerns about benefits - but that applies to British people too.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The countries of origin have plenty of room.

We don't want or need any more immigrants.

If people come here to work then they should work or return home.

Our previous work visa system should be reinstated.

Don't both Australia and the US have visa systems for people from any country?

Perhaps they should have an open door policy before telling us we should?

Not to mention the size of the country As Bee has said before how many times does the UK fit into NSW alone?!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Puzzler Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Along with millions upon millions of others, you Aussies are fine ones to talk after what you did to the Aborigines. Same thing is happening to us with Muslims supplanting everyone else in Britain.
The Puzzler
The Puzzler
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:46 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

England has very few immigrants????

lol!

And have you seen Americas national debt????

lol!

You don't know what you're talking about!!!

Joker!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Fuckin' A. The UK is hell-bent on making itself into a third-world country via racist anti-immigration sentiments.
I hate to see it happen to the pommies I happen to like here ... but hell, every country has to learn its lessons, mine and yours included. But especially mine, seeing as we here wield the power without wisdom ... I'm just cheering for (I hope you appreciate my attempt to speak Australian and not say 'rooting for,' which would be my natural expression) the good type who love their fellow human and are generous ... yeah, it's time for this song again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA1Hxqorgpw

No, we are making ourselves into a third world country by napp importation of third world people!!!

This is driving up costs of living while driving down wages and also costing more govt expenditure.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down