NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European Court upholds French full veil ban

5 posters

Go down

European Court upholds French full veil ban Empty European Court upholds French full veil ban

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:19 pm

The European Court of Human Rights has upheld a ban by France on wearing the Muslim full-face veil - the niqab.

A case was brought by a 24-year-old French woman, who argued that the ban on wearing the veil in public violated her freedom of religion and expression.

French law says nobody can wear in a public space clothing intended to conceal the face. The penalty for doing so can be a 150-euro fine (£120; $205).

The 2010 law came in under former conservative President Nicolas Sarkozy.

A breach of the ban can also mean a wearer having to undergo citizenship instruction.

France has about five million Muslims - the largest Muslim minority in Western Europe - but it is thought only about 2,000 women wear full veils
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28106900

Mama mia.

Back to top Go down

European Court upholds French full veil ban Empty Re: European Court upholds French full veil ban

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:24 pm

Good. Those veils are stupid, and they give out the wrong message about women in general.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

European Court upholds French full veil ban Empty Re: European Court upholds French full veil ban

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Bin Liners belong in Bins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:29 pm

"An attempt by a British legal team to reverse France's ban, in place since 2011, was rejected by judges who said the law was entirely justified.... The complainant, identified only by her initials SAS, is a French citizen but has family in Birmingham...

Belgium and parts of Switzerland have also introduced bans, and similar ones are being considered in Italy and Holland. Plans for one in Britain have also been muted by backbench MPs ..."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/486004/France-s-burka-ban-is-legal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:32 pm

But if the ban was implemented in the UK how would Muslim males go about their covert business ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:33 pm

Well, they will have a hard job doing in Canada, where everyone wears balaclavas in winter to stop frost bite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:54 pm

I guess they'd be cracking down on an Anonymous protest too?

European Court upholds French full veil ban Fawks-3
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:16 pm

Sassy wrote:Well, they will have a hard job doing in Canada, where everyone wears balaclavas in winter to stop frost bite.

But don't they have to remove them when buying goods in shops or filling up at petrol stations........

As motorbikers have to remove their helmets here.......  Not allowed in shops and banks wearing them as identification is impossible.  

One rule for all is all that is required
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:34 pm

gerber wrote:
Sassy wrote:Well, they will have a hard job doing in Canada, where everyone wears balaclavas in winter to stop frost bite.

But don't they have to remove them when buying goods in shops or filling up at petrol stations........

As motorbikers have to remove their helmets here.......  Not allowed in shops and banks wearing them as identification is impossible.  

Pretty sure, that especially when filling up with petrol and paying for it they don't have to remove them, because it would be too much trouble for that short space of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Good afternoon Folks.

It's good to see that some parts of the establishment are finally seeing the dangers of islam which includes the blatant subjucation of women.

Things are a changing slowly but surely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Sassy wrote:
gerber wrote:

Pretty sure, that especially when filling up with petrol and paying for it they don't have to remove them, because it would be too much trouble for that short space of time.

Couldn't JD use that as his defence for rape?

"she asked me to take it out but it would have been too much trouble for that short space of time, M'Lud".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:52 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Sassy wrote:

"she asked me to take it out but it would have been too much trouble for that short space of time, M'Lud".

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!

BA....Drug Division hasn't got a good hand job inside of him let alone a rape.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Shady wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

That's not what the ladies on the forums tell me Shady!

Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:59 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Shady wrote:

That's not what the ladies on the forums tell me Shady!

Razz 

Can druggies still get erections? Or do they suffer from erectile dysfunction?

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Sassy wrote:
gerber wrote:

You may have as always a very valid point.  Must ask Phil if his pussy eats frozen whiskars..... bom
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:55 pm

I don't mind the face-covering, it doesn't bother me actually.
I do think though, that for various things like passport control and interviews etc that the face veil should be removed.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:56 pm

eddie wrote:I don't mind the face-covering, it doesn't bother me actually.
I do think though, that for various things like passport control and interviews etc that the face veil should be removed.

Pretty sure that is what happens Eddie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:59 pm

For socializing also, because people communicate as much through body language, and facial expression splay a massive part. Again it is also something that is not equality, a male would be asked to remove, if he went into any area with something covering his face, be it a mask etc. If you allow one such thing in society, then you allow all to do so, based off this same logic.
The reality is there is no religious requirement either.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:18 pm

Didge wrote:

For socializing also, because people communicate as much through body language, and facial expression splay a massive part. Again it is also something that is not equality, a male would be asked to remove, if he went into any area with something covering his face, be it a mask etc. If you allow one such thing in society, then you allow all to do so, based off this same logic.

Hmmm suppose so but tbh I know when a Muslim is smiling at me or more often than not, my little daughter. It's in the eyes isn't it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:21 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hmmm suppose so but tbh I know when a Muslim is smiling at me or more often than not, my little daughter. It's in the eyes isn't it?

Have a read Eddie as it helps explain better:

http://psychology.about.com/od/nonverbalcommunication/ss/understanding-body-language_2.htm

Now cover up the woman and look at those pictures with just eyes, would you recognise the same outcome from them?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Hmmm interesting.
I still know when a woman with her face covered has smiled at me though - I've seen it often.

But I get what you're saying definitely.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:13 pm

I agree Eddie, people who have facial paralysis can still communicate with the look in their eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Sassy wrote:I agree Eddie, people who have facial paralysis can still communicate with the look in their eyes.

My little bubba is very cute (if I say so myself) and she is rather partial to Indian ladies because of a very dear friend of mine that she is close who's also Indian (but not Muslim)
So she always chats to Indian ladies on buses or wherever, some of them have the full-face veil and I can see when they are smiling at her and me - a light goes on!

Having said all that, I don't think face coverings should be allowed anywhere that means no one else can ie passport control and customs etc
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Get 'em off.

European Court upholds French full veil ban DSC03377
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Nice boots.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:25 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:I agree Eddie, people who have facial paralysis can still communicate with the look in their eyes.

My little bubba is very cute (if I say so myself) and she is rather partial to Indian ladies because of a very dear friend of mine that she is close who's also Indian (but not Muslim)
So she always chats to Indian ladies on buses or wherever, some of them have the full-face veil and I can see when they are smiling at her and me - a light goes on!

Having said all that, I don't think face coverings should be allowed anywhere that means no one else can ie passport control and customs etc

It's definitely not allowed at passport control, when we were coming back from Spain there were a few Muslim ladies from another flight that were taken to a private booth by a female checker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:26 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Get 'em off.

European Court upholds French full veil ban DSC03377

Well hello you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:34 pm

I've been ill, suffering from withdrawal symptoms with no football yesterday. Though I'd get some relief so tuned in to see Andy Murray pump that Bulgarian guy off the court but it just went from bad to worse. No football today either but easing now as there are two matches on tomorrow.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down