NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crumbs!!!

3 posters

Go down

Crumbs!!! Empty Crumbs!!!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:37 am

[rand][/rand]
Danger Mouse to return to TV screens

Animated superhero Danger Mouse is to return to children's TV, more than two decades since the popular show ended.

The new series, featuring the fearless white rodent secret agent and his trusty sidekick Penfold, is due to be broadcast on CBBC in 2015.

The show originally ran from 1981 to 1992 and Danger Mouse was voiced by actor Sir David Jason.

CBBC controller Cheryl Taylor said the new show would "win over a whole new generation of fans".

Danger Mouse's producers and animators will be FremantleMedia along with Boulder Media.

Ms Taylor said: "Danger Mouse is the last word in debonair and delightfully eccentric heroics," adding, "CBBC is thrilled to be kick-starting their adventures afresh."

Crumbs!!! Index10

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27876300

Back to top Go down

Crumbs!!! Empty Re: Crumbs!!!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:02 pm

My first love had Danger Mouse wallpaper, he was 15 at the time too Crumbs!!! Giggle24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Yeah, I heard about this a few days ago KD, I liked DM , quality stuff!!

Scrat tells me we have our very own Penfold on this very forum!!!! Laughing 

It's true you know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:11 pm

feelthelove wrote:My first love had Danger Mouse wallpaper, he was 15 at the time too Crumbs!!! Giggle24

Thanks for sharing that!
Love Dangermouse and Rhubarb and Custard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:57 pm

First Dangermouse and now Super Ted! Crumbs!!! Teddy10

SuperTed makes TV comeback without the fat jokes

SuperTed is making a TV comeback after 30 years but the cartoon baddies will look and sound a little different

Crumbs!!! Ted_2974591b

SuperTed is returning to television after 30 years, but his enemies will no longer be camp or fat and the cowboy villain will not carry a gun.
The animated tale of an ordinary teddy bear brought to life with cosmic dust is being revived by its creator, Mike Young, for 26 new episodes.
The original ran from 1983-85 with Derek Griffiths voicing SuperTed. Texas Pete (Victor Spinetti) was the evil cowboy villain, abetted by a camp and cowardly skeleton (Melvyn Hayes) and a chubby dimwit called Bulk (Roy Kinnear).
But that was a different era, and the villains in the new cartoon will be different.
Young told Radio Times that children’s television has changed a great deal since the 1980s.

“Popeye used to smash people in the face. And it was very funny. But of course there is no television network anywhere in the world that would let you do that now,” he said.
“In SuperTed we had a gun-slinging cowboy, a flamboyantly gay skeleton and a fat guy who had jokes made about his weight. And all these things you just wouldn’t do today.”
Young is confident, however, that “you can still write the show in a funny, entertaining way”. And he said the company would “definitely be talking to Melvyn and Derek” about reprising their voice roles.
Kinnear died in 1988 and Spinetti in 2012. Jon Pertwee, who voiced SuperTed’s sidekick, Spotty, died in 1996.

SuperTed is not the only 1980s cartoon to be updated for the modern era.
The BBC is reviving Danger Mouse but with a gender twist. “Characters that might have been male in the past will now be female,” CBBC controller Cheryl Taylor said earlier this month, although there is no word on which characters they will be.
Thunderbirds is returning to ITV but without puppets. Giles Ridge, executive producer, said: “We wanted a look that pays tribute to the original series, but the feedback we got from children was that, while the puppets were charming for a 60s audience, they’re not as appealing now.”
The BBC’s revival of the Clangers is staying true to its roots. Peter Firmin, who co-created the show and is involved in the new series, said: “It’s all being filmed in front of a camera using knitted puppets.
“The animation will be much smoother but there will still be swanee whistles for the voices.”
The Wombles and Teletubbies are also heading back to television, while Paddington is getting the big screen treatment.
A Radio Times poll published today found that Shaun the Sheep, the 2007 animation from the team behind Wallace and Gromit, was the most popular BBC children’s character of all time.
Postman Pat was second, followed by Sooty and Sweep. The poll also broke down the results by decade.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10966522/SuperTed-makes-TV-comeback-without-the-fat-jokes.html

A PC version though of course Crumbs!!! Thumbs27

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:18 am

I loved Super ted  cheers cheers cheers cheers 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:59 am

just listen to that intro  ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:02 am

Now they just need  Surprised  Surprised  Surprised  Surprised  Surprised 
Bananaman
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:25 am

Man, I wish I'd been raised on stuff like that, but at least we got Battle of the Planets and Speedracer ...

Hah!

I watched a little of Bananaman and it reminded me of a movie I watched recently (Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters) in one peculiar way -- ever notice how pervasive the hooked nose is among fictional villains?

Crumbs!!! Stereotype-jew

I'll just say it -- it's antisemitic, damn it! Smile I think a lot of the old purveyors of children's entertainment must have been Jew-haters ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:42 am

Bananaman??? What were his special powers then?
He sounds like a right scary superhero.....NOT!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum