NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials

4 posters

Go down

This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials Empty This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:16 am

I'm beginning to feel like one of the witches on trial in Salem. I've noticed this before when I was the only female online and there were more than one leftie online. Usually benign posters turn into spiteful vicious creatures, their polite veneer slipping as they get turned on by ganging up on their evil nazi female prey...

This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials Libera11

Back to top Go down

This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials Empty Re: This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:20 am

Oh dear out comes the victim card

This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials 826604_orig

Back to top Go down

This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials Empty Re: This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:34 am

Didge wrote:Oh dear out comes the victim card

I'm not playing the victim - the likes of you will never make a victim of me little man; I'm just pointing out the spite and nature of certain types and what they get off on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:36 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:Oh dear out comes the victim card

I'm not playing the victim - the likes of you will never make a victim of me little man; I'm just pointing out the spite and nature of certain types and what they get off on.

Your words:

I'm beginning to feel like one of the witches on trial in Salem.

That is playing the victim card

This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials Preferred-Victim-Card-new

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:37 am

Actually I take quite a bit of pride in the number of female posters on this site, I've never seen the likes of it on another forum. But any criticism of you from me, Tess, is based purely upon the ideas you put forth and not on your gender, because I firmly believe in the equal abilities of the genders.

By the way, sorry if I've been a bit combative tonight. I've just ... well .. been a bit combative tonight! I used to blame it on my feisty Irish heritage, but now I just claim Texanhood ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:39 am

Didge wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Your words:

Didgiepoos wants to show off his latest piccies... found one of you:

This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials Beany10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:41 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

Your words:

lol he looks a little bit like Rowan Atkinson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:41 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually I take quite a bit of pride in the number of female posters on this site, I've never seen the likes of it on another forum. But any criticism of you from me, Tess, is based purely upon the ideas you put forth and not on your gender, because I firmly believe in the equal abilities of the genders.

By the way, sorry if I've been a bit combative tonight. I've just ... well .. been a bit combative tonight! I used to blame it on my feisty Irish heritage, but now I just claim Texanhood ...
No probs - always found you a polite chappie, which was why I was a bit surprised at your reply this morning. Keep forgetting it's not morning everywhere in the world!

Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:44 am

Didge wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

lol he looks a little bit like Rowan Atkinson

It is - someone's morphed Rowan Atkinson and Justin Beiber.. it was on GLP  ::roglol:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:45 am

C'mon now, Tess, don't lower yourself! Don't lower it!!!

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:48 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually I take quite a bit of pride in the number of female posters on this site, I've never seen the likes of it on another forum. But any criticism of you from me, Tess, is based purely upon the ideas you put forth and not on your gender, because I firmly believe in the equal abilities of the genders.

No probs - always found you a polite chappie, which was why I was a bit surprised at your reply this morning.  Keep forgetting it's not morning everywhere in the world!  

Smile 

Are you suggesting I might not be at the top of my game simply because I've been up for 22 hours and am now under the influence of alcohol and sleep medications, and that it took me a good minute to type out this sentence correctly because I can't quite make my screen focus or remember how to type? ... maybe bed. Sure, sounds ... nice.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:51 am

Well I'm beginning to feel like a gay peace icon teleported down from Mars and rolled in a vat of honey and the question, Ben_Reilly, is what do you intend to do about it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:55 am

lovedust wrote:
Well I'm beginning to feel like a gay peace icon teleported down from Mars and rolled in a vat of honey and the question, Ben_Reilly, is what do you intend to do about it?
I think he's fallen asleep.  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:56 am

lovedust wrote:

Just, like, whoah ... about it. You know? Whoah, man. Mars.

Good night
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Just, like, whoah ... about it. You know? Whoah, man. Mars.

Good night

Yeeesss, might I suggest as initial response plans go yours isn't as detailed as it might...

Oh. He's gone.

Neutral

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:
I'm beginning to feel like one of the witches on trial in Salem.  I've noticed this before when I was the only female online and there were more than one leftie online.  Usually benign posters turn into spiteful vicious creatures, their polite veneer slipping as they get turned on by ganging up on their evil nazi female prey...

A dark Cave. In the middle, a Cauldron boiling. Thunder.

Enter the three Witches.

1 WITCH. Thrice the brindled cat hath mew'd.
      2 WITCH. Thrice and once, the hedge-pig whin'd.
      3 WITCH.  Harpier cries:—'tis time! 'tis time!
      1 WITCH.  Round about the cauldron go;
   In the poison'd entrails throw.

Toad, that under cold stone,
   Days and nights has thirty-one;
   Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
   Boil thou first i' the charmed pot!

ALL.  Double, double toil and trouble;
   Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

2 WITCH.  Fillet of a fenny snake,
   In the caldron boil and bake;
   Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
   Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
   Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
   Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
   For a charm of powerful trouble,
   Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials Hilarycabinet

Tut tut Lonely - your wife's gonna be really pissed off with you now, and her sisters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:59 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:tongue

PART DEUX:

3 WITCH.  Scale of dragon; tooth of wolf;
   Witches' mummy; maw and gulf
   Of the ravin'd salt-sea shark;
   Root of hemlock digg'd in the dark;
   Liver of blaspheming Jew;
   Gall of goat, and slips of yew

Sliver'd in the moon's eclipse;
   Nose of Turk, and Tartar's lips;
   Finger of birth-strangled babe

Ditch-deliver'd by a drab, —
   Make the gruel thick and slab:
   Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,
   For the ingredients of our cauldron.

2 WITCH. Cool it with a baboon's blood,
   Then the charm is firm and good.

(Many thanx to good ol' Will Shakespeare for MACBETH's three hags..).

This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials Tumblr_l97ztp4JfW1qcxeloo1_1280

This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials Hill10

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Tesstacious wrote:I'm beginning to feel like one of the witches on trial in Salem.  I've noticed this before when I was the only female online and there were more than one leftie online.  Usually benign posters turn into spiteful vicious creatures, their polite veneer slipping as they get turned on by ganging up on their evil nazi female prey...

So...I don't get your message, Tess. Are you a victim because you are a female, or because you are a rightie?  ::dunno:: 

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:I'm beginning to feel like one of the witches on trial in Salem.  I've noticed this before when I was the only female online and there were more than one leftie online.  Usually benign posters turn into spiteful vicious creatures, their polite veneer slipping as they get turned on by ganging up on their evil nazi female prey...

So...I don't get your message, Tess.  Are you a victim because you are a female, or because you are a rightie?   ::dunno:: 
Never said I was a victim, Didge did. I made this thread because I got attacked earlier this morning by Didge and Ben! Didge I'm used to, but Ben took me aback... however it was out of character and explained, and this thread got rather amusing I thought. But I stand by my assertion; there are often times when female posters get a load of abuse from certain members of forums, least they have to my knowledge on the forums I've been on - doesn't really bother me, I can dish it out, but it is a bit dastardly in general, don'tchathink?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Ok, well, is that because you are female...or do you really believe there is misogyny?

To restate: is it real misogyny, or is it perception?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

So...I don't get your message, Tess.  Are you a victim because you are a female, or because you are a rightie?   ::dunno:: 
Never said I was a victim, Didge did.  I made this thread because I got attacked earlier this morning by Didge and Ben!  Didge I'm used to, but Ben took me aback... however it was out of character and explained, and this thread got rather amusing I thought.  But I stand by my assertion; there are often times when female posters get a load of abuse from certain members of forums, least they have to my knowledge on the forums I've been on - doesn't really bother me, I can dish it out, but it is a bit dastardly in general, don'tchathink?

Eh?

What exactly did I attack you on this morning?
Sorry but you are telling porkies now, as please show me on here how I attacked you?

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t5361-have-we-any-right-to-be-offended-all-the-time#115951

That really is playing the victim card now, when I never attacked you, blimey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:Ok, well, is that because you are female...or do you really believe there is misogyny?

To restate: is it real misogyny, or is it perception?
Not sure - I think it's misogyny, but that may just be my perception... I think this morning it was Ben, out of the blue, saying I was full of shit - so unlike him. And as I was the only female fielding on a morning when everyone who was online was disagreeing; maybe it was just coincidence, I was the only RWer, I was the only female... whatever, but it just reminded me of older occasions when I got such a load of abuse from the likes of Catman and Lonely Wolf, so I made this thread.

@ Didge - I didn't mean you attacked me this morning, see above...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:40 pm

You stated you got attacked by me and Ben?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Didge wrote:You stated you got attacked by me and Ben?????
Oh God, my mistake. PM me your address and I'll have a pint of blood delivered! I meant I felt a bit under attack, as I explained in the post to Quill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:You stated you got attacked by me and Ben?????
Oh God, my mistake.  PM me your address and I'll have a pint of blood delivered!  I meant I felt a bit under attack, as I explained in the post to Quill.  

Well am glad we cleared that up then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Being female doesn't make you exempt from people arguing with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:34 pm

Summers wrote:

Did I say it did?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Summers wrote:

Did I say it did?

Never said you did.

However I'm fairly certain any feelings of being picked on or signaled out is more due to being RW on a site with mostly LW members as apposed to being female.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Summers wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:
Did I say it did?

Never said you did.

However I'm fairly certain any feelings of being picked on or signaled out is more due to being RW on a site with mostly LW members as apposed to being female.

Depends who who is doing the singling out I think

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:10 pm

Nems wrote:
Summers wrote:

Never said you did.

Could be.
Maybe some people are more likely to dismiss a woman's opinion.
I don't really pay too much attention to what goes on around here so I haven't seen the posts in question for myself so it could be the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:14 pm

Summers wrote:
Nems wrote:

Could be.
Maybe some people are more likely to dismiss a woman's opinion.
I don't really pay too much attention to what goes on around here so I haven't seen the posts in question for myself so it could be the case.

You don't?
Strange, because some of your comments are spot on  ::D::

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:22 pm

I'm not sure I've ever felt singled out actually?
Not here or on any forum I've been on.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:58 am

May I just say, a lot of the crap Tess was getting was over tarring everyone on the left as advocating for censorship, ala China or North Korea (which if you ask me or most any Western World leftist are not leftist countries).

I take great offense (sorry eddie) to people making me out to advocate ideas that I am absolutely opposed to, such as censorship. I take even greater offense to being lumped in with the Il dynasty. As I pointed out in the other thread, in America it's the right wing that advocates censorship, and they do it all the time: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Hollywood_Values (they even have a snarl-term for what they want to censor, because these people are great at manipulating language).

My ideal way of life is more like the Nordic model espoused by Sweden, etc., I would never, ever wish anyone to have to live in the sort of conditions North Koreans live under, and yeah, it is deeply offensive to me to have someone imply that because I'm part of the political left, I think North Korea is some great country or government.

So maybe we shouldn't even be talking about people being treated poorly because they're women, but rather about how the right apparently has absolutely no problem in saying that the left would all have us worshiping our political leaders as gods, or living under oppressive states.

I was the guy who asked everyone to stop referring to conservatives as Nazis, remember. I think it is only decent not to lump lefties in with Stalinists or North Korea.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:29 pm

It is difficult to raise a claim of misandry here...or anywhere these days. Misogyny is by far the more popular movement de jour. And Bee and I have often found ourselves at odds with women on this. I believe there is a lot of interpersonal stuff that has to be sorted out, meaning we have to distinguish between what is actual bias, and what is perception. (And I don't even want to get into reactionary stuff).

I am basically on the side of women--and I believe Bee joins me--yet, I am not a knee-jerk type...meaning I will speak up if I differ. That is to say, I am on the LW and I support the cause against the Republican war on women, inter alia. I also support most of feminism, seeing the subtle, psychological goings-on in communication, expectations and interaction. I must say I really like the women we have on this site; feel really comfortable with them.

But there are times when we--man and women--are locked into our perceptions, and that must (should) be dealt with. As Aqua would continually say, confrontation is cleansing. I think that is where Bee is coming from, and I know so often, that is where I speak from.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:55 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Not sure - I think it's misogyny, but that may just be my perception...........

whatever, but it just reminded me of older occasions when I got such a load of abuse from the likes of Catman and Lonely Wolf, so I made this thread.

cyclops   EVERY time that Tess', eddie, Gerbil, Baggs' [and the former DVO] have copped such abuses on here, it has never had anything to do with their gender, skin colour, religion, political persuasions per se, or which side they butter their bread on...

BUT they (i.e. such attacks..) were at those times motivated purely by either the totally bigoted crap those ladies were writing on here at the time, or in retaliation against personal attacks being aimed at either myself or a couple of "forum friends"..

TO claim otherwise would be quite silly on their side, and they would simply be lowering themselves to the same juvenile levels as demonstrated previously by the likes of BA or sassy or Victor, who relish the opportunity of falsely labelling others as misogynists, liars or worse when they don't see any other way out of their losing arguments at the time..   Razz

Gerbs is OK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Not sure - I think it's misogyny, but that may just be my perception...........

whatever, but it just reminded me of older occasions when I got such a load of abuse from the likes of Catman and Lonely Wolf, so I made this thread.

cyclops   EVERY time that Tess', eddie, Gerbil, Baggs' [and the former DVO] have copped such abuses on here, it has never had anything to do with their gender, skin colour, religion, political persuasions per se, or which side they butter their bread on...

BUT they (i.e. such attacks..) were at those times motivated purely by either the totally bigoted crap those ladies were writing on here at the time, or in retaliation against personal attacks being aimed at either myself or a couple of "forum friends"..

TO claim otherwise would be quite silly on their side, and they would simply be lowering themselves to the same juvenile levels as demonstrated previously by the likes of BA or sassy or Victor, who relish the opportunity of falsely labelling others as misogynists, liars or worse when they don't see any other way out of their losing arguments at the time..   Razz

This forum reminds me of the Salem witch trials Df137810

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down