NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird Fashions and Fads From Your Youth

2 posters

Go down

Weird Fashions and Fads From Your Youth Empty Weird Fashions and Fads From Your Youth

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:27 am

In high school for a while, all the boys at my school simply HAD to wear these head-band things that we made by cutting the sleeves off old T-shirts. It was even cooler if you could find a patterned or tie-dye shirt. They looked something like this:

Weird Fashions and Fads From Your Youth Headbands-masculinas-06

... except that you folded them up a bit so they weren't as wide, and you pulled your hair out over the top of it. For the life of me I don't understand why we thought that was so cool, it seems pretty damn girly now Smile But everyone from the football players to the emo kids wore them.

Also, my school went through a really slick phase at one point, but I think that was just inspired by Boyz II Men:

Weird Fashions and Fads From Your Youth 10712797-standard

I remember for a while it looked like we were trying to revive the hippy movement ... about 20 years later I saw kids dressing like they came out of the '80s Smile

Last edited by veya_victaous on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed head band pic due to complaint)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Weird Fashions and Fads From Your Youth Empty Re: Weird Fashions and Fads From Your Youth

Post by Cass Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:25 am

one word for my high school days - preppy......excuse me while I barf now - my life was the film Pretty in Pink right down to the boyfriend who dumped me 2weeks before the Prom (I'm over it now.....sort of)...really....but then buys me a gold bracelet as a moving to England goodbye present???!!!! Really???!!! bastard.....Anyhoos.....

when I moved to England in 1984 I morphed to new romantic then goth then heavy metal.....I should have taken out shares in liquid eyeliner.

just before I met Mr. C - puffball skirts and shoulder pads - WHAT WAS I THINKING????? Obviously I wasn't.

now I'm just a jeans/shorts kind of gal and you would have to pay me to wear a frock or skirt.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Weird Fashions and Fads From Your Youth Empty Re: Weird Fashions and Fads From Your Youth

Post by Cass Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:27 am

oh yeah I forgot - 8th grade - Valley Girls - the one time I truly hate Frank Zappa for.......I have to throw up again.....or have another glass of wine .....
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:25 am

Oh my God, the girls in my freshman class had some crazy hair -- bangs teased up as high as hairspray would support! Like so:

Weird Fashions and Fads From Your Youth Hair+2

Yeah, the Valley Girls and that voice -- I remember someone saying she'd met young women from around the U.S., but they all sounded like they were raised at the same mall Smile

Hey, when did "goth" become "emo" and why did I not get the memo?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down