NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast

3 posters

Go down

Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast Empty Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:26 pm

A castaway canine is spotted adrift on a piece of wood 30 miles off mainland New Zealand after storms hit the coast.

A dog looks like he must have been barking up the wrong tree when he was swept out to sea on a log.

The castaway canine was spotted standing on his makeshift raft by the crew of the Royal New Zealand Navy patrol vessel HMNZS Hawea in Smokehouse Bay, near Great Barrier Island, on Thursday.

A rescue mission was then authorised and a crew of four sent out to save the plucky pooch, who was found 30 miles off the coast of New Zealand's North Island.

Lieutenant Anthony Norris told the New Zealand Herald: "There was significant debris in the water and on one large log floating in the water was this poor, helpless dog.

"I would hate to think how long he was there."

There were heavy storms in the area earlier in the week and rescuers believed he may have been washed out to sea during them.

The dog has been reunited with its owners.

http://news.sky.com/story/1281715/sea-dog-rescued-from-floating-log-off-nz-coast

Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast Dog1-1-778x437

Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast Lost-dog-1200-1-778x437

Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast Dog2-1-778x437

Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast Dog5-1-778x437

Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast Dog4-1-778x437

Thats one lucky doggy.

Back to top Go down

Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast Empty Re: Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Aww, poor little thing.  Glad he's safe Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast Dog_hu10

Back to top Go down

Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast Empty Re: Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:01 pm

feelthelove wrote:Aww, poor little thing.  Glad he's safe Sea Dog Rescued From Floating Log Off NZ Coast Dog_hu10

Aw I love a happy ending

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:59 am

Why do we assume he didn't want to be on a log in the middle of the Tasmanian Sea?

Frankly, he looks a little pissed they interrupted his journey.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:03 am

Dunno, he looks pretty grateful in that last photo. I can't imagine losing one of my dogs and then having her found in this fashion! Pretty miraculous.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:52 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Dunno, he looks pretty grateful in that last photo. I can't imagine losing one of my dogs and then having her found in this fashion! Pretty miraculous.

Sure does. Of course after a violent flood the dog wanted to be drifting out to sea for days with no water and food.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down