Roman dodecahedron mystery

Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:42 am

Just been discussing these and wondering what exactly they were. Any ideas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_dodecahedron

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:51 am

No idea, I'd never heard of them before. For some reason I'm thinking a game was played with them, maybe something akin to horseshoes? It wouldn't be a dice-style game because they don't have numbered sides.

_________________
"Got 16 days / got a bottle and a rosary

God I wish that you were close to me"

- Whiskeytown
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28787
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Who the fuck knows anymore.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:57 am

Now they are a mystery Tess, I've never heard of them before. Maybe they played Jacks with them? (that wasn't a serious suggestion BTW!). Honestly not a clue.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:03 am

What's frustrating is that it might have been part of something that would be easier to understand if we had the whole, but the rest of it might have been made from organic materials that rotted away.

Most archaeologists believe that ancient people used a lot more tools than they find in digs, but that they were made out of woods and fibers that don't hold up like stone and pottery. Things like nets, sacks, poles, cords, etc.

_________________
"Got 16 days / got a bottle and a rosary

God I wish that you were close to me"

- Whiskeytown
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28787
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Who the fuck knows anymore.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:05 am

That's a thought Ben, I doubt we will ever find out.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:40 am

well its OBVIOUS innit?? Its a "fertility object"

(when you dont know what an artifact is , by default assume a "fertility object")

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:06 pm

I'm going to test a theory here real quick -- a search for "Roman dodecahedron" and "Aliens." I'll report what I find shortly Smile

_________________
"Got 16 days / got a bottle and a rosary

God I wish that you were close to me"

- Whiskeytown
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28787
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Who the fuck knows anymore.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:08 pm

Oh yeah -- ALIENSDIDIT all right!

_________________
"Got 16 days / got a bottle and a rosary

God I wish that you were close to me"

- Whiskeytown
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28787
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Who the fuck knows anymore.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:18 pm

well whaddya know...

I mean...a large proportion of americans think creationist
the rest think aliens..... alien 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:23 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:well whaddya know...

I mean...a large proportion of americans think creationist
the rest think aliens..... alien 

And some people synthesize the two beliefs!

A group of researchers worked for 13 years at the Human Genome Project (Project completed in 2003) indicate that they made an astonishing scientific discovery: They believe so-called 97% non-coding sequences in human DNA is no less than genetic code of extraterrestrial life forms.

Non-coding sequences, originally known as "junk DNA", were discovered years ago, and their function remained a mystery. The overwhelming majority of Human DNA is "Off-world" in origin.

After comprehensive analysis with the assistance of other scientists, computer programmers, mathematicians, and other learned scholars, Professor Chang had wondered if the apparently "junk Human DNA" was created by some kind of "extraterrestrial programmer".

Professor Chang further stipulates that "Our hypothesis is that a higher extraterrestrial life form was engaged in creating new life and planting it on various planets. Earth is just one of them.

http://ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com/2013/04/scientific-proof-human-race-was-created.html

_________________
"Got 16 days / got a bottle and a rosary

God I wish that you were close to me"

- Whiskeytown
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28787
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Who the fuck knows anymore.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:well whaddya know...

I mean...a large proportion of americans think creationist
the rest think aliens..... alien 

And some people synthesize the two beliefs!

A group of researchers worked for 13 years at the Human Genome Project (Project completed in 2003) indicate that they made an astonishing scientific discovery: They believe so-called 97% non-coding sequences in human DNA is no less than genetic code of extraterrestrial life forms.

Non-coding sequences, originally known as "junk DNA", were discovered years ago, and their function remained a mystery. The overwhelming majority of Human DNA is "Off-world" in origin.

After comprehensive analysis with the assistance of other scientists, computer programmers, mathematicians, and other learned scholars, Professor Chang had wondered if the apparently "junk Human DNA" was created by some kind of "extraterrestrial programmer".

Professor Chang further stipulates that "Our hypothesis is that a higher extraterrestrial life form was engaged in creating new life and planting it on various planets. Earth is just one of them.

http://ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com/2013/04/scientific-proof-human-race-was-created.html

Well...to be fair that would coincide quite well with certain biblical stories.....as well as "creation myths" from a number of other sources....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Love it! Stick one down there, oh, and a couple on that planet lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:42 am

Well I'm the conspiracy theorist, but I think they were just stuffed full of herbs to keep the rooms smelling fresh!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:46 am

Tesstacious wrote:Well I'm the conspiracy theorist, but I think they were just stuffed full of herbs to keep the rooms smelling fresh!


 ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Roman dodecahedron mystery Empty Re: Roman dodecahedron mystery

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum