NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muchos lagartos!

2 posters

Go down

Muchos lagartos! Empty Muchos lagartos!

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:52 am

It's summer in Texas (screw the calendar), which means we've been treated to the site recently of our native squirrel (which victor hates):

Muchos lagartos! Sciurus_niger_(on_fence)

... playing and interacting with an animal that here is just as common, the Texas Spiny Lizard:

Muchos lagartos! Texasspinylizard-biketrail-001

It is really funny to watch them sniff and chase each other, and sometimes the squirrels get pissed off and make that weird chirping noise at the lizards:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Muchos lagartos! Empty Re: Muchos lagartos!

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:01 am

...nice one Ben, are these your pics and footage?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:06 am

Joy Division wrote:...nice one Ben, are these your pics and footage?

No, just found them online, but I'll try to grab some photos or video! The photos I found look just like them, though.

The significance of it being summer is that that's the only time we see the lizards. I don't know where the poor things go when it gets cold ... maybe I don't want to know ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:26 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

No, just found them online, but I'll try to grab some photos or video! The photos I found look just like them, though.

The significance of it being summer is that that's the only time we see the lizards. I don't know where the poor things go when it gets cold ... maybe I don't want to know ...

Ah right.,,my brothers were keen on reptiles , one if them still is, last time I saw him he had two huge Pythons , a Boa Constrictor ..,and a Mamba ?..I think, two bearded dragon lizards and a tarantula (which he found in a pack of chiles from Lidl supermarket!!)

A tortoise when I was a bairn, loads of other lizards like Chameleons and Skinks(amazing defence technique with the tail!! ...and a heap of exotic fish , he has even more fish now!

Ok Ben, thanks...look forward to that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:39 am

Joy Division wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Ah right.,,my brothers were keen on reptiles , one if them still is, last time I saw him he had two huge Pythons , a Boa Constrictor ..,and a Mamba ?..I think, two bearded dragon lizards and a tarantula (which he found in a pack of chiles from Lidl supermarket!!)

A tortoise when I was a bairn, loads of other lizards like Chameleons and Skinks(amazing defence technique with the tail!!  ...and a heap of exotic fish , he has even more fish now!

Ok Ben, thanks...look forward to that Smile

Very cool! Something a bit sad around here is that we used to see our famous Horned Frogs (neither horned, nor frogs) all over the place:

Muchos lagartos! 2484886771_c5b0d4d5e8

... but not that much these days.

But I will look for an afternoon when I've got a little time and see if I can't get some photos of spinies and squirrels playing, it's really cool Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Squirrel does not taste too bad [the grey ones,originally from Bens neck of the woods]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Hey Ben...that was a cracking picture!, look forward to when you capture the squirrel and mr,spiney playing!!Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:54 pm

nicko wrote:Squirrel does not taste too bad [the grey ones,originally from Bens neck of the woods]

Ffs Nicko, I don't think you're suppose to earth the fcuking squirrels !!!

Hope it's not on your autopsy,,,,squirrel disease! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:58 pm

jd did you not know that many people eat them, some resturants serve them as well. [my caps lock is stuck]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:41 pm

yeuk...eating squirrels....ffs who wants to eat a "tree rat"

now flying rats (pigeons) are a different matter...but if you knew what squirrels can carry disease wise...you'd do what I do and hedge bottom any you shoot for Mr fox (which incidently has the advantage of baiting mr fox into the firing line Twisted Evil )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:49 pm

nicko wrote:jd did you not know that many people eat them, some resturants serve them as well. [my caps lock is stuck]  

Nicko that's fcuking awful man, the risk of the disease would be quite high being out in the wild, unless you mean ones kept in captivity for eating?

Do they serve them in restaurants here?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:19 am

This could gross you all out,in my Army days I ate,Rat,snake, frog,scorpion and [shudder] worms.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:24 pm

nicko wrote:This could gross you all out,in my Army days I ate,Rat,snake, frog,scorpion and [shudder] worms.

ffs Nicko, you were obviously a hardy like lad eh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:00 pm

nicko wrote:This could gross you all out,in my Army days I ate,Rat,snake, frog,scorpion and [shudder] worms.

Not by choice I'm sure Nicko Muchos lagartos! Scared11Having said that I'll try anything once after a couple of glasses of wine.  Except the V word (no explanation necessary please Victor, meanie  Twisted Evil geek lol! )

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum