NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EU Demands Extra £500Million From England To Help Ukraine

5 posters

Go down

EU Demands Extra £500Million From England To Help Ukraine Empty EU Demands Extra £500Million From England To Help Ukraine

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 11:10 pm

28th May 2014

The EU sparked fury by demanding an extra £500million from British taxpayers – just hours after claiming it would take heed of damning election results.

The European Commission was accused of ‘living on a different planet’ after asking member countries for a £3.8billion cash increase to its budget.

Around an eighth of this will come from UK pockets, with the cash going on projects to help drive down Europe's chronic youth unemployment - as well as £200million for crisis-hit Ukraine including £60million from British taxpayers.

The astonishing demand came just hours after Herman Van Rompuy, the President of the European Council, said EU leaders had agreed to ‘re-evaluate’ its agenda after voters ‘sent a strong message’ at the weekend.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2641817/Brussels-ignores-anger-EU-demands-Britain-pays-ANOTHER-500million-despite-damning-election-results.html#ixzz333DBvVxr

Back to top Go down

EU Demands Extra £500Million From England To Help Ukraine Empty Re: EU Demands Extra £500Million From England To Help Ukraine

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 11:17 pm

like I said...they will waffle twist lie and dodge...but they WONT reform....
until it is dismantled it will be a millstone round the necks of us all.....

Back to top Go down

EU Demands Extra £500Million From England To Help Ukraine Empty Re: EU Demands Extra £500Million From England To Help Ukraine

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 29, 2014 3:58 am

Ball and chain.....

There will be no reform, no renegotiation, no change.

Vote for lib lab con is a vote for EU dictatorship.

The only way is out.

Restore national sovereignty And democracy to every country.

The will of the people cannot be ignored any more!!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:04 am

Rant, rant rant, no doubt if we reverse the clock and go back to 1939 and Poland needed help, you would be spouting the same crap.

The European Union's Nobel Peace Prize, which it will officially receive today, was a reminder that the EU is much more than just a market or a currency union. It is the foundation of Europe’s security, freedom, and prosperity. But this very foundation is now threatened by short-sightedness and misunderstandings.

http://www.opendemocracy.net/ulrich-speck/why-eu-deserves-nobel-peace-prize

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:13 am

Didge wrote:Rant, rant rant, no doubt if we reverse the clock and go back to 1939 and Poland needed help, you would be spouting the same crap.

The European Union's Nobel Peace Prize, which it will officially receive today, was a reminder that the EU is much more than just a market or a currency union. It is the foundation of Europe’s security, freedom, and prosperity. But this very foundation is now threatened by short-sightedness and misunderstandings.

Bloody hell not the Nazis again  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:15 am

Nems wrote:
Didge wrote:Rant, rant rant, no doubt if we reverse the clock and go back to 1939 and Poland needed help, you would be spouting the same crap.

Some people are clueless on history I guess, hence why it needs drumming home to they get the reality

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:16 am

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

Some people are clueless on history I guess, hence why it needs drumming home to they get the reality
Some people have no concept of other people having a right to an opinion and are rude.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:19 am

Nems wrote:
Didge wrote:

Some people have no concept of other people having a right to an opinion and are rude.

So you are saying I cannot have an opinion then, but you can, there is logic for you ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:20 am

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

So you are saying I cannot have an opinion then, but you can, there is logic for you ha ha

No I am saying you act like a silly child when someone disagrees with you and you are rude.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:23 am

Nems wrote:
Didge wrote:

No I am saying you act like a silly child when someone disagrees with you and you are rude.

Blah blah blah, Nems wanting to start another fight and stir, sorry not interested, jog on love and go back to playing with your barbie doll. I will be rude when people are stupid and use stupidity, because you were the one actually being yet again snidely as you always do, as was there any need for your comment? No, so because we have seen years of peace in Europe and thus fail to see the point of the horrors of not one but 2 global conflicts started by Europe, you bemoan this major point, that is stupid

Last edited by Didge on Thu May 29, 2014 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:23 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Ball and chain.....

There will be no reform, no renegotiation, no change.

Vote for lib lab con is a vote for EU dictatorship.

The only way is out.

Restore national sovereignty And democracy to every country.

The will of the people cannot be ignored any more!!!!

well said spot on

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 29, 2014 8:24 am

Where do they get these figures from? Nobody with any business sense would just pay up without seeing proper justification for the money they're being asked for.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:25 am

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

Blah blah blah, Nems wanting to start another fight and stir, sorry not interested, jog on love and go back to playing with your barbie doll. I will be rude when people are stupid and use stupidity, because you were the one actually being yet again snidely as you always do, as was there any need for your comment? No, so because we have seen years of peace in Europe and thus fail to see the point of the horrors of not one but 2 global conflicts started by Europe, you bemoan this major point, that is stupid

Rude and innapropriate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:26 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Where do they get these figures from? Nobody with any business sense would just pay up without seeing proper justification for the money they're being asked for.

Today, the European Commission, on behalf of the EU, disbursed a first loan tranche of €100 million to Ukraine. It was made available from the EU Macro-Financial Assistance (MFA) programme for Ukraine, which is worth €1.61 billion in total. A further €500 million is expected to follow in the coming weeks, once the necessary legal procedures in Ukraine have been finalised, notably the ratification of the Memorandum of Understanding and of the Loan Agreement by the Ukrainian Parliament, the Verkhovna Rada.

In conjunction with this loan disbursement, Commission Vice-President Siim Kallas is visiting Kiev today for a series of meetings with the Ukrainian authorities, including the Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister. Discussions are due to focus on the MFA programme and related economic reforms.

The objective of the MFA programme is to assist Ukraine economically and financially in the current critical stage of its development. It is part of the package to support Ukraine announced by the European Commission on 5 March and endorsed by the European Council on 6 March.

Vice-President Siim Kallas said: "The European Union is fully committed to helping Ukraine address its major economic challenges. This first disbursement marks an important step towards turning that commitment into reality. This assistance, which will soon be followed by a further €500 million, provides much-needed support to Ukraine's efforts to cover its external financing needs."

The EU's MFA will complement the resources made available by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and other donors in the context of the stabilisation and reform programme recently prepared by the Ukrainian authorities with the help of the IMF. The assistance aims to reduce the economy’s short-term balance of payments and fiscal vulnerabilities.

Beyond today's €100 million disbursement and the €500 million disbursement currently being prepared, subsequent payments will be conditional on the implementation of specific economic policy actions. These are outlined in two Memoranda of Understanding – which were signed in 2013 and 2014 respectively – as well as in the Stand-By Arrangement approved by the IMF Executive Board on 30 April. The MFA, besides supporting Ukraine in its immediate external financing needs, also aims to underpin economic reforms which have been demanded by the Ukrainian people themselves. The conditionality linked to this programme focuses on public finance management and anti-corruption, trade and taxation, the energy sector (including provisions for increased social subsidies for the most vulnerable households) and financial sector reforms.

Background
Macro-Financial Assistance is an exceptional EU crisis-response instrument available to the EU's neighbouring partner countries experiencing severe balance of payments problems. It is complementary to the assistance provided by the IMF. MFA loans are financed through EU borrowings on capital markets. The funds are then on-lent with similar financial terms to the beneficiary countries.

The funding for the €100 million tranche disbursed today was raised on the financial markets on 13 May by the European Commission on behalf of the European Union.

For more information:
Information on past MFA operations, including annual reports, can be found here:

http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/eu_borrower/macro-financial_assistance/index_en.htm

Back to top Go down

Nems wrote:
Didge wrote:

Rude and innapropriate

Yes I know you are.[/quote]

Last edited by Didge on Thu May 29, 2014 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Raggamuffin wrote:Where do they get these figures from? Nobody with any business sense would just pay up without seeing proper justification for the money they're being asked for.

They have been getting away with running the EU like that for a long time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:27 am

Nems wrote:

So your answer is stuff them, nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:28 am

Nems wrote:
Didge wrote:

Rude and innapropriate

i agree nems no need for that was there  Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:29 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Nems wrote:

Rude and innapropriate

There was no need for her to start, I agree, she is always doing this of late, its being noted very well as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 29, 2014 8:40 am

Nems wrote:

That's what I think too. This money which is supposed to help the unemployed of Europe - does anyone work out how much will be allocated to the UK, and do they compare that to the amount the UK puts in? Is there a breakdown of the costs re Ukraine, and an explanation of what the money is for?

I'm not asking you by the way  Razz , they're just questions which should be asked by our Government.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:42 am

Didge wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

There was no need for her to start, I agree, she is always doing this of late, its being noted very well as well.

What is being noticed? Who is noticing it?
Grow up Didge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 8:44 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nems wrote:

That's what I think too. This money which is supposed to help the unemployed of Europe - does anyone work out how much will be allocated to the UK, and do they compare that to the amount the UK puts in? Is there a breakdown of the costs re Ukraine, and an explanation of what the money is for?

I'm not asking you by the way  Razz , they're just questions which should be asked by our Government.

Its ok I know what you mean. Good questions. Time for the gravy train to stop I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 29, 2014 8:53 am

IT's 500 million over 6 years and here's what the money is to be used for...

What is the new Fund for European Aid to the Most Deprived?

The main purpose of the Fund for European Aid to the Most Deprived (FEAD), which will be worth €3.8 billion in the 2014 to 2020 period, is to support Member States' social emergency relief schemes. The FEAD will support Member States' actions to provide a broad range of non-financial material assistance including food, clothing and other essential goods for personal use such as shoes, soap and shampoo, to materially-deprived people, including the homeless, and their children.

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-14-131_en.htm

And the UK is also entitled to draw from this fund, indeed we could have when the EU put up money to the UK to assist with providing food to the most deprived in the UK but Cameron turned it down tellling them we don't need it and we'll deal with the problem ourselves. Same with the flooding crisis. The didn't bother to apply for help with that either even though we were eligible to.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/dec/17/government-under-fire-eu-funding-food-banks

And just to add the vote on this fund took place in February this year, not just now when the elections took place. And Nigel Farage didn't even bother to turn up to speak in the debate or even vote on it.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 29, 2014 8:55 am

Irn Bru wrote:IT's 500 million over 6 years and here's what the money is to be used for...

The main purpose of the Fund for European Aid to the Most Deprived (FEAD), which will be worth €3.8 billion in the 2014 to 2020 period, is to support Member States' social emergency relief schemes. The FEAD will support Member States' actions to provide a broad range of non-financial material assistance including food, clothing and other essential goods for personal use such as shoes, soap and shampoo, to materially-deprived people, including the homeless, and their children.

And the UK is also entitled to draw from this fund, indeed we could have when the EU put up money to the UK to assist with providing food to the most deprived in the UK but Cameron turned it down tellling them we don't need it and we'll deal with the problem ourselves. Same with the flooding crisis. The didn't bother to apply for help with that either even though we were eligible to.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/dec/17/government-under-fire-eu-funding-food-banks

And just to add the vote on this fund took place in February this year, not just now when the elections took place. And Nigel Farage didn't even bother to turn up to speak in the debate or even vote on it.

Well if we don't need to draw on the fund, why are we paying into it? Cameron needs to explain that to the tax payers.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 29, 2014 9:00 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:IT's 500 million over 6 years and here's what the money is to be used for...

Well if we don't need to draw on the fund, why are we paying into it? Cameron needs to explain that to the tax payers.

He said for the flooding crisis that money was no object. The decision to take aid for food from the EU was just too much for Cameron and the decision was nothing more than politically motivated to pacify the Eurosceptics in his party.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 29, 2014 9:04 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

He said for the flooding crisis that money was no object. The decision to take aid for food from the EU was just too much for Cameron and the decision was nothing more than politically motivated to pacify the Eurosceptics in his party.

The tax payers aren't that interested in the internal politics, they're interested in where their money goes. This is why the whole Europe thing is of interest to them. Why should people keep on and on paying into an organisation that they don't appear to be benefiting from?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 29, 2014 9:09 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The tax payers aren't that interested in the internal politics, they're interested in where their money goes. This is why the whole Europe thing is of interest to them. Why should people keep on and on paying into an organisation that they don't appear to be benefiting from?

You would be better asking Cameron why we don't take from a fund that we pay into when it's available to us.
Heaven forbid that we should ever suffer a natural disaster in this country and need to call on international help to deal with it.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu May 29, 2014 9:15 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You would be better asking Cameron why we don't take from a fund that we pay into when it's available to us.
Heaven forbid that we should ever suffer a natural disaster in this country and need to call on international help to deal with it.

Morning Irn.

Excellent question that needs to be put to DC. I am sure all affected by the floods would like to know especially the farmers who have been left without a livelihood.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 29, 2014 9:37 am

gerber wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Morning Irn.

Excellent question that needs to be put to DC.  I am sure all affected by the floods would like to know especially the farmers who have been left without a livelihood.  

Good morning Gerber, and how are you today?

You're right and the farmers have every right to ask for answers.

We drew from the before to help with the flooding in 2007 when we took £134 million out of the scheme.

http://eastlibdems.org.uk/en/article/2014/765921/conservatives-refuse-eu-funding-for-flood-affected-communities-county-councils-should-apply

There's really no shame in taking the money because that's what it's there for.

Catch you later as I've got to go for now.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu May 29, 2014 9:48 am

Irn Bru wrote:
gerber wrote:

Morning Irn.

Excellent question that needs to be put to DC.  I am sure all affected by the floods would like to know especially the farmers who have been left without a livelihood.  

Good morning Gerber, and how are you today?

You're right and the farmers have every right to ask for answers.

We drew from the before to help with the flooding in 2007 when we took £134 million out of the scheme.

http://eastlibdems.org.uk/en/article/2014/765921/conservatives-refuse-eu-funding-for-flood-affected-communities-county-councils-should-apply

There's really no shame in taking the money because that's what it's there for.

Catch you later as I've got to go for now.

Agreed. We have paid in. We should be drawing out when required

Have a lovely day.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 29, 2014 10:04 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I would indeed like to ask him that. Who is he to decide what help we need when the tax payers are paying into funds for that kind of thing?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi everybody, it's BigAndy9 again  Smile 

Is the Ukraine in the organisation called the EU?

They are doing very nicely out of it aren't they?!

If they are not in the organisation called the EU - isn't it strange how outside countries can do such wonderful business/get charity/be supported by it?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 29, 2014 5:31 pm

Good point Andy.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 29, 2014 10:23 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Hi everybody, it's BigAndy9 again   Smile 

If they are not in the organisation called the EU - isn't it strange how outside countries can do such wonderful business/get charity/be supported by it?!

HI Andy, Irn here.

The 200 million for Ukraine has nothing to do with the budget that the Mail is rattling on about. It's completely seperate and that money is being provided in the form of grants and loans with most of it being provided by the IMF and the world bank.
David Cameron is fully supportive of this action and indeed he is claiming he is the instigator. You can read what he said in his statement to the House of Commons

The EU agreed unilaterally to lower trade tariffs, and to work with the International Monetary Fund on a package of financial assistance to the Ukrainian Government.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/emergency-european-council-on-ukraine-david-camerons-statement

George Osborne also stands ready with our cheque book if needed.

Ukraine revolution: Britain offers cash to Kiev as the world waits on Putin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10657082/Ukraine-revolution-Britain-offers-cash-to-Kiev-as-the-world-waits-on-Putin.html

Can't really pin the Ukraine money on solely just the EU can we?

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 10:24 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

HI Andy, Irn here.

The 200 million for Ukraine has nothing to do with the budget that the Mail is rattling on about. It's completely seperate and that money is being provided in the form of grants and loans with most of it being provided by the IMF and the world bank.
David Cameron is fully supportive of this action and indeed he is claiming he is the instigator. You can read what he said in his statement to the House of Commons

The EU agreed unilaterally to lower trade tariffs, and to work with the International Monetary Fund on a package of financial assistance to the Ukrainian Government.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/emergency-european-council-on-ukraine-david-camerons-statement

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10657082/Ukraine-revolution-Britain-offers-cash-to-Kiev-as-the-world-waits-on-Putin.html

Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 29, 2014 10:25 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

HI Andy, Irn here.

Yes.

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Fri May 30, 2014 11:51 am

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

The Ukraine was only part of this extra spending Didge. Your EU leaders which you regularly kiss the arses off haven't a clue and neither have you.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:30 pm

Alright said Fred wrote:
Didge wrote:

The Ukraine was only part of this extra spending Didge. Your EU leaders which you regularly kiss the arses off haven't a clue and neither have you.

I do not have any leaders from the EU, how odd, I am all for helping out a country in need, it is what countries have always done and the fact is as seen you have no clue, because David Cameron is the PM of this country and the Queen is the head of state.

Back to school for you dummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down