NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Absolutely Must Accept This If You Have A Smug Metropolitan Elite Who Treat The People With Contempt

4 posters

Go down

You Absolutely Must Accept This If You Have A Smug Metropolitan Elite Who Treat The People With Contempt Empty You Absolutely Must Accept This If You Have A Smug Metropolitan Elite Who Treat The People With Contempt

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 9:35 am

24th May 2014

Do not waste your vote on Labour next year - Vote UKIP  cheers 

Since the 1930s, British politics has essentially been a two-and-a-half-party system, with the Tories and Labour monopolising the dance floor and the Lib Dems, in their various forms, lurking half-heartedly on the fringes.

What is now clear is that those days are finished. Neither David Cameron nor Ed Miliband has the slightest hope of winning as much as 40 per cent of the vote at the next General Election.

And given Ukip’s performance over the past few years, it would be a brave man who would bet against them picking up at least 10 per cent of the vote — and maybe more — in May 2015.

The really extraordinary thing is that this has been the achievement of one man.

Who would have believed that the outspoken Nigel Farage, a privately-educated former City trader who has never won a Westminster seat, would inspire such enthusiasm among ordinary voters from the housing estates of Essex to the post-industrial towns of South Yorkshire?

‘When he walked on to the stage in Portsmouth,’ wrote one reporter in last week’s Spectator magazine, ‘the crowd rose for him with a fervour I’ve never witnessed at a mainstream party conference.’

There is, of course, an obvious explanation. What Mr Farage has tapped into is a widespread national discontent that cannot merely be dismissed — as some metropolitan commentators have tried to do — as racism or xenophobia.

Ukip was founded in 1993 as an obscure anti-federalist pressure group. For years it struggled to gain attention.

Mr Farage’s tactical genius was to turn it into a populist anti-Establishment party, articulating deep-seated public anxieties about the two great taboos of modern political debate: Europe and immigration.

In many corners of the media, as well as in Westminster itself, both of these issues are regarded as toxic. Yet by ignoring them, the politicians have simply handed them to Mr Farage.
In the few days before Thursday’s elections, most of the coverage hinged on immigration.

When an exhausted Mr Farage said he would not want Romanians to move in next door to him, many commentators declared that he had committed an unforgivable gaffe which would poison his national reputation and destroy his support overnight.

I was reminded, however, of an interview Margaret Thatcher gave during a by-election campaign in Ilford in 1978, when she remarked that people were frightened of being ‘swamped’ by immigrants.

Like Mr Farage, she was seen as having committed a dreadful error. However, the supposed gaffe struck a chord, and the Tories promptly romped to victory.

The truth is that the immigration issue has been simmering unhealthily away for at least 40 years. As early as the late-1960s, polls showed that among young and old alike, mass immigration was by far the most unpopular development of the decade.

Among Britain’s politicians, however, immigration has always been the ultimate taboo. When Enoch Powell spoke out in 1968, he was roundly condemned and thrown off the Tory front bench.

Yet, whatever you or I might think of Powell’s famous ‘Rivers of Blood’ speech (a line he never actually used), a Gallup poll at the time found that 74 per cent of people agreed with him, while only 15 per cent disagreed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2637925/His-policies-dread-But-smug-metropolitan-elite-treat-people-contempt-writes-DOMINIC-SANDBROOK.html#ixzz32cVlzJlO

Back to top Go down

You Absolutely Must Accept This If You Have A Smug Metropolitan Elite Who Treat The People With Contempt Empty Re: You Absolutely Must Accept This If You Have A Smug Metropolitan Elite Who Treat The People With Contempt

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 9:37 am

Then as now, in other words, there was a wide gulf between what people thought at Westminster and what people thought in the rest of the country.

Writing a few days after the speech, the Guardian’s star columnist Peter Jenkins dismissed arguments that Powell and his admirers were merely racist.

What motivated them, Jenkins wrote, was the feeling that ‘the politicians are conspiring against the people, that the country is led by men who have no idea about what interests or frightens the ordinary people in the back streets of Wolverhampton’.

That sounds pretty familiar to me. Some of Mr Farage’s supporters may, indeed, be racially prejudiced, and certainly one or two of his councillors have some jaw-dropping medieval opinions. But I think there is much more to it than the prejudices of a minority.

For decades, surveys have shown that millions of ordinary people dislike the European Union and are alarmed by the influx of so many newcomers, especially in working-class towns struggling to cope with the decline of industry and the rise of unemployment.

Contrary to what the sneering metropolitan commentators like to think, the vast majority of these people are not racists. What worries them is the evaporation of jobs which are going overseas, the stagnation of real wages, the shortage of decent housing, the overcrowding of primary schools and the rising pressure on hospital wards and A&E departments.

Britain’s political and media classes, however, have shown themselves almost entirely uninterested — and for depressingly obvious reasons.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2637925/His-policies-dread-But-smug-metropolitan-elite-treat-people-contempt-writes-DOMINIC-SANDBROOK.html#ixzz32cWT6NR6

You Absolutely Must Accept This If You Have A Smug Metropolitan Elite Who Treat The People With Contempt Articl70

Back to top Go down

You Absolutely Must Accept This If You Have A Smug Metropolitan Elite Who Treat The People With Contempt Empty Re: You Absolutely Must Accept This If You Have A Smug Metropolitan Elite Who Treat The People With Contempt

Post by Eilzel Sat May 24, 2014 9:40 am

The Daily Mail fantasy above.

The reality: vote UKIP: get Labour.

Carry on UKIPPers!
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 9:46 am

Eilzel wrote:The Daily Mail fantasy above.

The reality: vote UKIP: get Labour.

Carry on UKIPPers!

The Daily Mail ferociously attacked UKIP for months.

The reason was they knew the truth all along. So do you.

The crime? Ignoring it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 10:02 am

Whether we like it or not, personality plays a big role in politics today - Obama's a prime example. When I watched all the party leaders speaking yesterday about the local elections, the difference between Farage and the others was glaringly obvious. He spoke just as a normal person would in a conversation: The others however... all three of them, stood up, grandstanding, posing, making those ridiculous hand-gestures which they've been taught is supposed to make what they say more interesting, coming out with the usual 'key words' - lessons to be learned, blah blah blah, heard it all before, again and again - and well, basically, acting. Poor acting... fake... not believable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 10:10 am

Those jabbing hand gestures started with the sleaziest of them all - Blair, and yes Tess, they all do it now because they've all been through the same liberal education system, all been taught how to act and how to think!

You Absolutely Must Accept This If You Have A Smug Metropolitan Elite Who Treat The People With Contempt Alg-to10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 10:20 am

Now, who's the daddy?

You Absolutely Must Accept This If You Have A Smug Metropolitan Elite Who Treat The People With Contempt Stn26110

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 24, 2014 10:57 am

Tesstacious wrote:Whether we like it or not, personality plays a big role in politics today - Obama's a prime example.  When I watched all the party leaders speaking yesterday about the local elections, the difference between Farage and the others was glaringly obvious.  He spoke just as a normal person would in a conversation: The others however... all three of them, stood up, grandstanding, posing, making those ridiculous hand-gestures which they've been taught is supposed to make what they say more interesting, coming out with the usual 'key words' - lessons to be learned, blah blah blah, heard it all before, again and again -  and well, basically, acting.  Poor acting... fake... not believable.

Tess I could've written your post myself!! Words outta my mouth!

Farage comes across how people want a politician to come across: natural and Down to earth and unafraid to say what he thinks.

The rest of them are robots.

I actually, at one point, though Clegg was going to be the one who became natural and less robotic, and watching him in the early days I think he might've been.

Then he became like the rest; afraid to lose his position. It becomes all about the position and less about the real issues and emotions of true politics.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 11:02 am

I think many people are very easily fooled by the persona of a well managed orchestrated image that Farage has.
Lets have a reality check here, it is only around 15% that like his party and without his charisma, the party would be like a fish flapping out of water. He is clever to get himself daily in the news, even if it comes at the cost of claims made against him, so he stage manages everything to get him on prime time tele and this is weird because they do not even have a seat in Parliament. So for that I give him credit but I also think he manipulates people easily. Nigel is no different to any politician, he is like Boris claiming to be one of the lads, hence why he gets the working class vote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 11:05 am

I might also add, he orchestrated it so well, nobody even had time to debate his policies, thus he manipulates very well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 11:25 am

Didge wrote:I might also add, he orchestrated it so well, nobody even had time to debate his policies, thus he manipulates very well.
Good. About time we had someone clever in charge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 11:27 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:I might also add, he orchestrated it so well, nobody even had time to debate his policies, thus he manipulates very well.
Good.  About time we had someone clever in charge.

I would hardly call him clever in the sense of policies or running the nation , when he does not even know his own policies Tess, hence why he is am image man, not someone who can lead the nation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat May 24, 2014 11:39 am

Yes there is a different between cleverness and ability. Anyone can be clever enough to appeal to angry mob mentality- but on actual policy Farage struggles to sound remotely convincing; he says as little as possible to appeal to base concerns without daring to go too deep.

Shallow politics, and the meagre 15% wont hold next year.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 11:55 am

What another load of bollocks Andy, some disgruntled hardline RW are turning to UKIP, big deal, there are more sensible people than there are racists.

I told you before, UKIP won't govern here anytime soon..many will run back to vote Tory next year to block a Labour win.

I'm right and UKIP are knobs,just look at the behaviour of some of their voters on here!!

UKIP=party of racist rejects !!..picking up disgruntled Tory rejects.

What's it like to be a party of eejit leftovers?

Unhappy Knobend Independent Pricks  Laughing

..ooh, aren't I just adorable Andy!! Laughing 

Vote Labour...the working man's party.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat May 24, 2014 11:59 am

elizal, it's prats like you that make people vote for ukip, your comment the "angry mob" pisses off people who are in two minds weather to vote for ukip or not. Why do you think so many voted for them? because people like you offended the British mindset of sticking up for the under dog.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 24, 2014 12:07 pm

Didge wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:
Good.  About time we had someone clever in charge.

I would hardly call him clever in the sense of policies or running the nation , when he does not even know his own policies Tess, hence why he is am image man, not someone who can lead the nation.

Well either way, he'll merge in with the other Mp's that talk bollocks and are full oF well manipulated orchestrated moves and words then!!

I don't care what happens as long as someone stops any more immigrants coming in and housing, schools and the job situation gets better!

If Farage can sort the first in EU then I'll be happy, because sort that and the rest may fall in to place.

Saying all of that I never voted for him though.  lol! 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Joy Division wrote:What another load of bollocks Andy, some disgruntled hardline RW are turning to UKIP, big deal, there are more sensible people than there are racists.

I told you before, UKIP won't govern here anytime soon..many will run back to vote Tory next year to block a Labour win.

I'm right and UKIP are knobs,just look at the behaviour of some of their voters on here!!

"disgruntled hardline RWers" ... don't you even watch the news, or are you totally deluding yourself? Listening to the people voting, specially in Thurrock, it was hardworking working class people, some who said they've voted Labour all their lives, who voted UKIP. because, they said, the politicians just don't listen to them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 12:13 pm

Can you imagine of Farage were in power as well as winning the EU vote to bail out?  What a Face

He would be free to do as he wanted all over the place...this man is not a leader of the good people, he is simply a racist nutter out on a mission to pick on immigrants and give tax breaks to the rich.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Joy Division wrote:What another load of bollocks Andy, some disgruntled hardline RW are turning to UKIP, big deal, there are more sensible people than there are racists.

"disgruntled hardline RWers" ... don't you even watch the news, or are you totally deluding yourself?  Listening to the people voting, specially in Thurrock, it was hardworking working class people, some who said they've voted Labour all their lives, who voted UKIP. because, they said, the politicians just don't listen to them!

Tess, hand on heart..most UKIP voters are ex Tory!!

It just doesn't add up when some of you on the right claim that Labour supporters are made up of the idle dole ' scroungers' and immigrants...so why would so many scroungers and immigrants turn to UKIP then?...

there will be ex Labour voters voting for UKIP now, but greatly exceeded by disgruntled Tories...
It just doesn't add up ...so which is it then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Joy Division wrote:Vote Labour!!!!!!

Dont you vote SNP?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 2:40 pm

nicko wrote:elizal,  it's prats like you that make people vote for ukip,   your comment the  "angry mob"  pisses off people who are in two minds weather to vote for ukip or not. Why do you think so many voted for them? because people like you offended the British mindset of sticking up for the under dog.

Out of order and what do you mean by people like him? Fuck me I never see you jump in and call someone a prat who is offensive towards homosexuals, blacks, Muslims etc, say something about UKIP and WW 3 has started to you, blimey give over

Sorry but again we are talking about 15%, mainly working class people who have been drawn to UKIP. I agree with Eilzel, when it comes to his policies he always comes unstuck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 2:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Well either way, he'll merge in with the other Mp's that talk bollocks and are full oF well manipulated orchestrated moves and words then!!

I don't care what happens as long as someone stops any more immigrants coming in and housing, schools and the job situation gets better!

If Farage can sort the first in EU then I'll be happy, because sort that and the rest may fall in to place.

Eddie we will still need immigration and most people want it controlled not stopped, because we will still have shortages in the job market.
The point is Nigel has no real strategy for leaving the EU, is clueless to what he thinks he will save from doing so let alone it will take years to negotiate new trade deals, will cost the economy billions with his tax policy, so UKIP are about the last party I would want in Government. As I say the only reason he is popular at the moment is because he keeps banging on about immigration and nobody is taking him on about his policies, when they do the popularity in my view with nose dive. Guess we will have to wait and see I what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Eddie we will still need immigration and most people want it controlled not stopped, because we will still have shortages in the job market.
The point is Nigel has no real strategy for leaving the EU, is clueless to what he thinks he will save from doing so let alone it will take years to negotiate new trade deals, will cost the economy billions with his tax policy, so UKIP are about the last party I would want in Government. As I say the only reason he is popular at the moment is because he keeps banging on about immigration and nobody is taking him on about his policies, when they do the popularity in my view with nose dive. Guess we will have to wait and see I what happens.

I pretty much agree with the middle part of your post which is why I never voted for him tbh.
I have no problem with people from other countries or cultures at all, as long as it doesn't affect the people that are born and bred here didge. Then it becomes a problem.

Heck I'd understand it if parts of Spain stood up and said, "we've got too many English here and we are sick of feeling like we are coming second in our own country! We are becoming overcrowded!"

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 3:46 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

I pretty much agree with the middle part of your post which is why I never voted for him tbh.
I have no problem with people from other countries or cultures at all, as long as it doesn't affect the people that are born and bred here didge. Then it becomes a problem.

Heck I'd understand it if parts of Spain stood up and said,  "we've got too many English here and we are sick of feeling like we are coming second in our own country! We are becoming overcrowded!"

I know you have no problem Eddie as others are the same with genuine concerns over infrastructure, but again we will still need some immigration, especially as there is an over balance with the age groups and as stated skill shortages, plus Universities. So am all for it to be controlled and a cap place onto this, where we invite the brightest students, workers etc. To do this the EU needs to rethink its policy on movement, if not then the people of the country need to decide whether they wish to stay a part of the EU.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat May 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Didge,your as bad as the rest of em, All we here from you and others is, "they have no polices, they have no idea how to run the country ect" you are as bad as the media.your proberly right, but leave em alone for a bit and see how things work out. I did vote for them as a protest same as millions of others. General Election I will vote Conservative.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 4:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Heck I'd understand it if parts of Spain stood up and said,  "we've got too many English here and we are sick of feeling like we are coming second in our own country! We are becoming overcrowded!"

May 2012:

An estimated half-a-million illegal migrants living within Spain will lose their rights following the government's move last month to revoke a provision in the current law that guaranteed free health care for all.

Those without residency papers have been told to rely on charity to meet their health care needs, including antiviral drugs and cancer treatments.

Spain's regions have been ordered to roll out the new measures in a bid to reduce Spain's budget deficit from 8.5 per cent GDP in 2011 to within the 5.3 per cent this year demanded by Brussels.

The autonomous region of Madrid, which is governed by the Popular Party, have already started turning illegal immigrants away. provoking criticism from opposition parties and welfare groups.

Some 300 organisations across Spain, including patients associations and Aids advocacy groups, staged demonstrations against the cuts on Wednesday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 4:01 pm

nicko wrote:Didge,your as bad as the rest of em,   All we  here from you and others is,  "they have no polices, they have no idea how to run the country ect"  you are as bad as the media.your proberly right, but leave em alone for a bit and see how things work out. I did vote for them as a protest same as millions of others. General Election I will vote Conservative.

They do not to me have any credible policies, how does that make me bad to debate this on a forum?

I want some genuine talk over their policies, the point I have been making, because all Nigel did was play off the fear on immigration, nobody tackled him on his policies, and when they did try to he refused to talk about them. This is in the news at the moment and all I see on many threads is the constant vote UKIP, well my view is to not vote UKIP and provide my reasons why

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Ok so they're overrun by others and not English  lol! 

See though this is where I become mightily uncomfortable, those wothout residency can't get healthcare including cancer treatment?

I am not comfortable with that. That's horrible.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat May 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Whoever wins the G E, I want ALL immigration stopped for a few years, we can't fit a quart into a pint pot. The NHS, doctors surgeries ect.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat May 24, 2014 6:01 pm

UKIP got 17% of vote in council elections, but didn't field candidates in many places. If they had they would have scored much more.

Wait until Sunday!!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 6:03 pm

So is it Farage for PM next year Andy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Nems wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Vote Labour!!!!!!

Dont you vote SNP?

Not yet ...I will be voting for an independent Scotland though, as I don't want another RW led government...

Once I've voted for independence we shall see how that works out and if it's a no vote , I'll continue to vote Labour next GE.Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 6:08 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:UKIP got 17% of vote in council elections, but didn't field candidates in many places. If they had they would have scored much more.

Wait until Sunday!!!!

There will be no surprises Tommy, this is where UKIP will do well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 6:11 pm

I'm sure I also heard that some LD MP's want rid of Nick Clegg!??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down