NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are your favourite comedies past and present ?

4 posters

Go down

what are your favourite comedies past and present ? Empty what are your favourite comedies past and present ?

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 7:52 pm

I used to love Hale and Pace so i will start with two of my favourites

Last edited by Vicar of Dibley on Thu May 22, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

what are your favourite comedies past and present ? Empty Re: what are your favourite comedies past and present ?

Post by nicko Thu May 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Morcam@Wise

It ain't arf hot.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

what are your favourite comedies past and present ? Empty Re: what are your favourite comedies past and present ?

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Faulty Towers and Only Fools and Horses.

I don't find any modern day sitcoms funny at all,they are woeful.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 8:22 pm

One probably nobody has ever heard of, was very gentle humour but very clever,

The Beiderbecke Trilogy.

Beiderbecke Tapes, Beiderbecke Affair and The Beiderbecke Connection, all written by Alan Plater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 pm

I loved this guy.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:I loved this guy.

Oh me too!!!!! He was a fantastic actor as well, but his comedy shows were brilliant and hilarious, and so full of social comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Have to say the Beiderbecke trilogy were excellent, probably amongst James Bolam's best stuff yet its least remembered
I loved the Likely lads, Who Dares Wins, Only Fools of course. More recently I like Not Going Out, Gavin and Stacey and the wonderful Mrs Browns Boys

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Thu May 22, 2014 9:01 pm

Sassy wrote:

Oh me too!!!!!  He was a fantastic actor as well, but his comedy shows were brilliant and hilarious, and so full of social comment.

Yeah an intelligent guy also cutting edge for his time.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 22, 2014 9:14 pm

Nems wrote:Have to say the Beiderbecke trilogy were excellent, probably amongst James Bolam's best stuff yet its least remembered
I loved the Likely lads, Who Dares Wins, Only Fools of course. More recently I  like Not Going Out, Gavin and Stacey and the wonderful Mrs Browns Boys  

I'm sorry Nems, I can't abide Mrs Browns Boys.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Oh,I do like Eddie Izzard.

Smile 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 9:17 pm

oh definitely Nicko , in fact i only actually started watching it aint half hot mum the other week when people on here were on about , i was really laughing at Don estelle shorts bless him

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Thu May 22, 2014 9:22 pm

This guy in his early days.
WARNING BAD LANGUAGE (translations on request)  Razz 

Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 9:25 pm

very good loved that  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri May 23, 2014 1:47 am

Vicar of Dibley, Ab Fab (June Whitfield was superb), Father Ted (Feck! Drink!) and Mrs. Browns Boys

going back The Good Life, Yes Minister and Fawlty Towers (Basil!) and who could forget SPG?

But all time favourite Black Adder especially seasons 2&4
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Fri May 23, 2014 2:56 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:

very good loved that  Razz 

You should check him out on Youtube VOD, well worth it.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 8:09 am

Stephen i will do that my parents used to watch him but i never took much notice the same as aint half hot mum they watched that but i didn't pay much attention so have started watching them, i love them they are very funny .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 8:15 am

The Office.

The IT Crowd.

Alan Partridge.

Labour Party Political Broadcasts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 10:27 am

black adder 2 and 4 are the funniest stuff ever, single sketch the four candles the two Ronnies, probably the greatest bit of comedy ever to hit the TV..
loved porridge too..

movies, Top Secret staring a very young Val kilmer..

naked guns, airplane, scary movies...

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Fri May 23, 2014 12:35 pm

A few sitcoms not mentioned yet.
Citizen Smith  
The New Statesman
Red Dwarf
The Young Ones.
The early series of  Rab C Nesbitt
And one I never get sick of watching Dads Army.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down