NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing fishermen 'glad to be found'

3 posters

Go down

Missing fishermen 'glad to be found' Empty Missing fishermen 'glad to be found'

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 22, 2014 11:53 am

Two fishermen feared lost at sea off the Aberdeenshire coast have said they were "glad to be found".

The 16ft creel boat Water Rail failed to return to Gourdon harbour just before midday on Tuesday.

Jim Reid, 75, and his 35-year-old grandson David Irvine, from Inverbervie, were found in the boat on Thursday morning.

They were discovered about 46 miles off the coast of Montrose by another fishing vessel, the Sylvia Bowers DS8.

The pair lost their way in fog about half a mile off shore, and ran off course when their compass stopped working.

Mr Irvine said he and his grandfather were "pleased to see the Slyvia Bowers" when they were rescued.

And crew member Mark Spence said the pair were "perfectly fine" after they were picked up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-27514632

The search for these two men was actually called off this morning and they were only found by chance by another boat.
Didn't quite get the same headlines as the men missing in the Atlantic but it just shows that there is always some hope.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Missing fishermen 'glad to be found' Empty Re: Missing fishermen 'glad to be found'

Post by gerber Thu May 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Delighted they have been found. Why was the search called off so early ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Missing fishermen 'glad to be found' Empty Re: Missing fishermen 'glad to be found'

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 7:54 pm

Our fishermen don't get enough credit, a dangerous tough job  Sad 

Good to see a happy ending  I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Glad they're found but what a stupid headline!

It was never going to be
"Missing Fishermen: Bollocks! I was hoping they'd leave me to drown"
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 9:29 am

This is great news - was so happy when i read it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down