NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do liberals hate cultural history?

4 posters

Go down

Why do liberals hate cultural history? Empty Why do liberals hate cultural history?

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 2:44 am

HAHA look at me giving an opinion about the political affiliation I don't like!

Back to top Go down

Why do liberals hate cultural history? Empty Re: Why do liberals hate cultural history?

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 2:55 am

What makes you think liberals hate cultural history? If you really do think that; I can't tell what you're on about ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Why do liberals hate cultural history? Empty Re: Why do liberals hate cultural history?

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 2:56 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:What makes you think liberals hate cultural history? If you really do think that; I can't tell what you're on about ...

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t4831-why-do-conservatives-hate-people

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 3:02 am

So you just pulled this out of your ass, this notion that liberals hate "cultural history"?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:03 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:So you just pulled this out of your ass, this notion that liberals hate "cultural history"?

I think you're missing the point, Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:05 am

The point being that saying "liberals hate culture" is as fucking retarded as saying "conservatives hate people"

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 3:11 am

Samhraí wrote:The point being that saying "liberals hate culture" is as fucking retarded as saying "conservatives hate people"

Conservatives can come off as mighty hateful, you must admit. I'm sure you've seen the quotes.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:11 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Samhraí wrote:The point being that saying "liberals hate culture" is as fucking retarded as saying "conservatives hate people"

Conservatives can come off as mighty hateful, you must admit. I'm sure you've seen the quotes.

I see hate in every political camp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:12 am

Reminder that Gandhi hated black people and wanted to nuke the UK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 3:16 am

Samhraí wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

It does, but it seems more prevalent in right-wing circles. You didn't, for example, see liberals yelling "Off with his head!" at Obama rallies in reference to McCain, booing a gay soldier or comparing the poor to animals.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:17 am

Samhraí wrote:Reminder that Gandhi hated black people and wanted to nuke the UK.

Wait actually that would be a reminder for people from In A Flap when I went over this ages ago.
It's from his biography if you'd care to read it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 3:18 am

Samhraí wrote:
Samhraí wrote:Reminder that Gandhi hated black people and wanted to nuke the UK.

Wait actually that would be a reminder for people from In A Flap when I went over this ages ago.

Nobody's a saint.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:19 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

It does, but it seems more prevalent in right-wing circles. You didn't, for example, see liberals yelling "Off with his head!" at Obama rallies in reference to McCain, booing a gay soldier or comparing the poor to animals.

Maybe not but I see Liberals making death threats over other things, booing people for things and saying that rich people are a delightful variety of things.
The hate is there but it's simply aimed in a different direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:20 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

Nobody's a saint.

Yeah, nobody is.
Exactly my fucking point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 3:21 am

Samhraí wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

Maybe not but I see Liberals making death threats over other things, booing people for things and saying that rich people are a delightful variety of things.

Well, I find liberals usually say those things in reference to people who are harming others, rather than, for example, to gay people.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:25 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

Well, I find liberals usually say those things in reference to people who are harming others, rather than, for example, to gay people.

I find liberals usually say those things in reference to differing opinions.

You do know how bias works, yeah?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 5:06 am

Samhraí wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

I find liberals usually say those things in reference to differing opinions.

You do know how bias works, yeah?

But let's not dance around what those "differing opinions" really are, huh? The "differing opinions" are generally "I think gay people are evil, 'The Bible Tells Me Soooooo'" or some other ignorant, hateful bullshit. Or "I think minorities commit more crime because I see it more on the news, at least in the segments I don't tune out."

Sorry, I don't go in for the wishy-washy, mamby-pamby crap where everyone is equally bad because everyone does bad things. Some things are worse than others, period. Cutting school lunch programs for poor kids is worse than calling rich people pigs for voting for the politicians who cut school lunch programs for poor kids. If you can't see that you're just blinded by your desire not to offend either side.

Oh, another thing on differing opinions? Guess what -- I have my own right to my own differing opinions the same as anyone else, so stick that in your smoke and pipe it. Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 22, 2014 5:08 am

@Samhrai
Yes but the you can present Evidence of RW hating people... bit hard to present evidence to support your statement,
Back your statement!

I'll Back RW hating people
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/21/conservatives-fear-educated-america.html
http://wuwf.org/post/how-koch-brothers-remade-americas-political-landscape

From Australia more RW hatred of people
http://www.thevine.com.au/life/news/10-things-beach-budget-bingo-20140514-281312/?utm_source=thevine&utm_medium=content-list&utm_campaign=internal-testing
We'll have fun fun fun, 'til Abbott takes any semblance of a just and equitable society away!
http://www.thevine.com.au/life/news/10-things-top-5-quotes-from-bill-shortens-budget-reply-20140516-281375/?utm_source=thevine&utm_medium=content-list&utm_campaign=internal-testing
http://www.thevine.com.au/life/news/10-things-abbotts-bullshit-budget-emergency-20140509-281174/

Yep Seems pretty fair to say the group of people that want to see poor people starve, close public health and education, increase homelessness. Start wars, bomb other nations. Pro-Capital punishment, anti-charity anti-aid, anti women's rights , Pro discrimination want to institutionalise religious and racial intolerance ARE a Group that HATE PEOPLE

It is not just opinion it is FACT, RWing people vote for the above to happen!
all of which is a display of contempt for ones fellow Citizens and humanity in general.

Being Stupid doesn't stop you from being Evil..... the Current RW voter is the EXACT demographic men like Hitler and Pol Pot recruited from.... those that find it easy to hate their fellow man as long as they look a little different  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 

And Also Liberals provide MOST of the Funding for the Arts which the RW inevitable cut when they get in power. So Your statement does not seem to have any basis in reality... as opposed to the statement that "RW hate people" which is based on the actions and policies of the RW.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 8:33 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

It does, but it seems more prevalent in right-wing circles. You didn't, for example, see liberals yelling "Off with his head!" at Obama rallies in reference to McCain.

No, you usually hear that at muslim gatherings! As to liberals and cultural identity even if the thread wasn't serious, Tea has a point. Any wish for the English to retain their culture is met with cries of 'racist' from the yoghurt-knitting liberals. Funny though - just breaking on the news is a terrorist attack in China where muslims have killed 30 odd innocent chinese people and injured many more. Their reason for this? Evidently the Chinese have been moving into their 'territory' over the past 20 years and their "culture is being eroded". WHAT>!!! It's China, and the Chinese mustn't erode the muslim culture by moving into muslim areas? Like muslims would never do that in England would they? So maybe we should just blow up innocent people in protest? Don't think so, that's not for civilized people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 8:35 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

It does, but it seems more prevalent in right-wing circles. You didn't, for example, see liberals yelling "Off with his head!" at Obama rallies in reference to McCain.

No, you usually hear that at muslim gatherings!  As to liberals and cultural identity even if the thread wasn't serious, Tea has a point.  Any wish for the English to retain their culture is met with cries of 'racist' from the yoghurt-knitting liberals.  Funny though - just breaking on the news is a terrorist attack in China where muslims have killed 30 odd innocent chinese people and injured many more.  Their reason for this?  Evidently the Chinese have been moving into their 'territory' over the past 20 years and their "culture is being eroded".   WHAT>!!! It's China, and the Chinese mustn't erode the muslim culture by moving into muslim areas?  Like muslims would never do that in England would they? So maybe we should just blow up innocent people in protest?  Don't think so, that's not for civilized people.

So what is the English culture you speak of that you want to retain?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 8:49 am

Oh and any terrorism is wrong but interesting you pull up the point of culture and Muslims in China Tess:

Muslims in China say bias is increasing
In addition to violence, China’s 10 million Uighurs face suspicion and an education system that is eradicating their cultural heritage

Local residents say these and other clashes have been fueled by the dispiriting realities of daily life here: the institutionalized job discrimination, the restrictions that prohibit those younger than 18 from entering mosques and the difficulty that many Uighurs face in obtaining passports. Those Uighurs lucky enough to travel abroad say they are often interrogated upon their return by security officials who demand to know whether they have engaged in separatist activities.
“The government should realize that reckless and inappropriate decisions by local authorities are only causing more instability,” said Yang Shu (楊恕), a professor of Central Asian studies at Lanzhou University, referring to rules that discourage women from wearing head scarves and young men from growing beards.
Many Uighurs are also convinced that Beijing is seeking to wipe out their language and culture through assimilation and education policies that favor Mandarin over Uighur in schools and government jobs. Since 2004, a bilingual education initiative has required teachers in much of the region to use Mandarin for nearly every subject. The authorities insist that the policy is aimed at helping Uighurs compete in a country where Mandarin is the lingua franca, but many parents, teachers and Uighur intellectuals are unconvinced.
“My 17-year-old daughter speaks decent Chinese, but she cannot get through a piece of Uighur literature,” said a government employee in Urumqi, who asked to remain anonymous because such criticism can have serious consequences. “A generation from now, I fear our people will be functionally illiterate in Uighur.”
Fear and mistrust between the two ethnicities has hardened in recent years as a growing number of Han Chinese migrants settle into heavily guarded enclaves, especially in the southern crescent of Xinjiang that remains predominantly Uighur. Even in Urumqi, where ethnic Han Chinese make up 75 percent of the population, knots of heavily armed police officers in fatigues are positioned throughout Uighur neighborhoods; after dark, Uighur men are barred from the front seats of taxis, according to a local ordinance cast as an anti-crime measure.
Huang Xiaolin, a Han engineer who was recently lured to Hotan from coastal Shandong Province with a generous salary and subsidized housing, said colleagues frequently warned him against entering the city’s Uighur quarter.
“The local people here are uncivilized and prone to violence,” he said, standing near a propaganda banner that read, “The Han and the Uighur cannot live without one another.”
Beijing has coupled its “strike hard” security approach with turbocharged economic development, but even that has stoked resentment among Uighurs, who say the best jobs go to newly arrived Han.
“The Chinese government is focused on a very outdated understanding of macroeconomic development, thinking that it will bring everyone up to the same level, but it’s clearly not working,” said Sean Roberts, a professor at The George Washington University who studies development in the region.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2013/10/11/2003574219/2

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 22, 2014 8:52 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

No, you usually hear that at muslim gatherings!  As to liberals and cultural identity even if the thread wasn't serious, Tea has a point.  Any wish for the English to retain their culture is met with cries of 'racist' from the yoghurt-knitting liberals.  Funny though - just breaking on the news is a terrorist attack in China where muslims have killed 30 odd innocent chinese people and injured many more.  Their reason for this?  Evidently the Chinese have been moving into their 'territory' over the past 20 years and their "culture is being eroded".   WHAT>!!! It's China, and the Chinese mustn't erode the muslim culture by moving into muslim areas?  Like muslims would never do that in England would they? So maybe we should just blow up innocent people in protest?  Don't think so, that's not for civilized people.

Actually the Muslims have been there for hundreds of years, Since before Genghis Khan. There are a few groups that are Muslim amongst China's 52 different native minorities  study 

P.s. the Majority group are Han
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 9:06 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Actually the Muslims have been there for hundreds of years, Since before Genghis Khan. There are a few groups that are Muslim amongst China's 52 different native minorities  study 

They may have been there for hundreds of years Veya, but the English have been in England for hundreds of years too, yet we mustn't complain about our culture being eroded! and England is our home country, same happening in Sweden, France, the Netherlands, Belgium... So why is it okay for muslims to complain about this happening to them in China, and not for us to complain when it happens to us. Surely they should be "embracing a multicultural society" in China, not blowing people up to prevent it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 9:14 am

Tesstacious wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

They may have been there for hundreds of years Veya, but the English have been in England for hundreds of years too, yet we mustn't complain about our culture being eroded! and England is our home country, same happening in Sweden, France, the Netherlands, Belgium... So why is it okay for muslims to complain about this happening to them in China, and not for us to complain when it happens to us.  Surely they should be "embracing a multicultural society" in China, not blowing people up to prevent it!

Because there is no comparison to each country apart from the job aspect, though even there people are not discriminated against, all can apply for jobs, this country is not having English stopped from being taught, it is the national language or persecution with violence on a scale like they are. English people are not being denied to go to Church and in fact here is a a list of cultures associated with England, you tell me how many we are losing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_England

Only two have any relevance .

English law, which rules are partly made within the EU which is being contested, but is more to do with the EU and Christianity, where the fastest growing belief or should I say non-belief is atheism, of which many are English.

So I fail to see how or what part of the English culture is vanishing, proving it is very much a false claim

Anyway have to work

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 11:30 am

veya_victaous wrote:@Samhrai
Yes but the you can present Evidence of RW hating people... bit hard to present evidence to support your statement,
Back your statement!
I'll Back RW hating people
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/21/conservatives-fear-educated-america.html
http://wuwf.org/post/how-koch-brothers-remade-americas-political-landscape
From Australia more RW hatred of people
http://www.thevine.com.au/life/news/10-things-beach-budget-bingo-20140514-281312/?utm_source=thevine&utm_medium=content-list&utm_campaign=internal-testing
We'll have fun fun fun, 'til Abbott takes any semblance of a just and equitable society away!
http://www.thevine.com.au/life/news/10-things-top-5-quotes-from-bill-shortens-budget-reply-20140516-281375/?utm_source=thevine&utm_medium=content-list&utm_campaign=internal-testing
http://www.thevine.com.au/life/news/10-things-abbotts-bullshit-budget-emergency-20140509-281174/
Yep Seems pretty fair to say the group of people that want to see poor people starve, close public health and education, increase homelessness. Start wars, bomb other nations. Pro-Capital punishment, anti-charity anti-aid, anti women's rights , Pro discrimination want to institutionalise religious and racial intolerance ARE a Group that HATE PEOPLE
It is not just opinion it is FACT, RWing people vote for the above to happen!
all of which is a display of contempt for ones fellow Citizens and humanity in general.
Being Stupid doesn't stop you from being Evil..... the Current RW voter is the EXACT demographic men like Hitler and Pol Pot recruited from.... those that find it easy to hate their fellow man as long as they look a little different  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 
And Also Liberals provide MOST of the Funding for the Arts which the RW inevitable cut when they get in power. So Your statement does not seem to have any basis in reality... as opposed to the statement that "RW hate people" which is based on the actions and policies of the RW.

Hitler was a socialist.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Samhraí wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:So you just pulled this out of your ass, this notion that liberals hate "cultural history"?

I think you're missing the point, Ben.

Trying to make a comparison to the other thread...except one is true and this is a fabrication. But that's the way of conservatives. First, note there is no original thought in this thread, but rather a reciprocal, mirror image argument. Conservativs think like that old child's saying: I'm rubber and you're glue/anything you say bounces off me and sticks to you. That is political dialogue??? Well, yes, that serves for Conservatives as an intellectual retort.

Second, it's just not truth. What is "cultural history" to the OP? Just trying to sound legitimate, I guess. Throw out shit in the street, and see who pays attention. Nothing has to be true. There is nothing based upon facts.

Oh right, I forgot, for conservatives fabrication is truth....and lies are legitimate.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sat May 24, 2014 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Samhraí wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Hate? Death threats? Right, I forgot, conservative lies serve as truth for them. E.g., there is no problem with the climate and the earth is still flat.

I see nothing wrong with criticism with rearranging the economic system. We saw the same thing in the Victorian era and beyond, where monopolists were trying to take over the economic system. In America, we passed the Sherman Antitrust Law and the Clayton Act and cured the monopolistic tendencies. In the wake of the Great Depression, we passed a platform of banking and securities laws that prohibited reckless speculation with the money of others.

Now, we face an international economy and the Republican/Conservatives are trying to manipulate the 17-century economic system within which they operate. New laws are needed to combat new abuses on the global economy front. It's no longer a static economy. This is the world of global trade, and we live in the new world of a dynamic economy.

It is hardly hate. It is improvement.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down