NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catholic Church of Victoria: At least 849 children abused over past 63 years

2 posters

Go down

Catholic Church of Victoria: At least 849 children abused over past 63 years Empty Catholic Church of Victoria: At least 849 children abused over past 63 years

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:55 pm

The Catholic Church in Victoria has revised up the number of children it acknowledges were sexually abused by Catholic clergy and staff.
In its original submission to the Victorian child abuse inquiry, the church confirmed it had paid compensation to 620 victims.
But after analysing documents held by various orders of brothers and nuns it now says that since the 1950s at least 849 children have been abused.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/latest/17507755/victoria-catholic-church-revises-up-number-of-child-sex-abuse-victims/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Catholic Church of Victoria: At least 849 children abused over past 63 years Empty Re: Catholic Church of Victoria: At least 849 children abused over past 63 years

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:04 am

finally the Secular forces are working to bring those that have hidden behind the cloth to justice and Holding the instiutions that covered and protected these scumbags accountable.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Catholic Church of Victoria: At least 849 children abused over past 63 years Empty Re: Catholic Church of Victoria: At least 849 children abused over past 63 years

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:09 am

I can't begin to attempt to start to comprehend the line of thinking that led church officials away from the conclusion that the Church's claim to the moral high ground would be severely damaged by this. If that makes sense.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:36 pm

veya_victaous wrote:finally the Secular forces are working to bring those that have hidden behind the cloth to justice and Holding the instiutions that covered and protected these scumbags accountable.

Sorry can't post outside of your reply....Seems like it's a Forumotion issue.

I was confirmed into the Catholic church and it's warped and very evil.....I had a lucky escape!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:44 am

veya_victaous wrote:finally the Secular forces are working to bring those that have hidden behind the cloth to justice and Holding the instiutions that covered and protected these scumbags accountable.

That's what i say to my boyfriend at times but i respect his wishes that he doesn't want to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down