NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tory dining club secretively channels hundreds of thousands of pounds of funding by anonymous wealthy donors

2 posters

Go down

Tory dining club secretively channels hundreds of thousands of pounds of funding by anonymous wealthy donors  Empty Tory dining club secretively channels hundreds of thousands of pounds of funding by anonymous wealthy donors

Post by Irn Bru Fri May 16, 2014 12:30 am

Loophole in electoral laws allows rich supporters to remain anonymous despite the ‘astonishing’ amounts given.
The Conservatives are funnelling hundreds of thousands of pounds’ worth of donations to the party through a secretive dining club that allows donors to keep their identity hidden.
New figures, released today, reveal that in the last four months alone the Tories have been given £140,000 by an organisation called the United and Cecil Club to fund election campaigns in their most marginal seats.
The money was given by donors at lunches and dinners attended by senior Conservative figures, including at least five cabinet ministers, and threatens to embroil the party in an embarrassing new row over cash for access.
Campaigners for transparency in party funding called the disclosure “astonishing”, expressing dismay that the Tories are using a loophole in Britain’s electoral laws to keep the names of the donors anonymous.
Under Electoral Commission rules, individuals and organisations donating more than £1,500 a year should be named but those giving through a private members’ club are not identified on the register.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-dining-club-secretively-channels-hundreds-of-thousands-of-pounds-of-funding-by-anonymous-wealthy-donors-9380723.html

And this from the party that promised to be the most transparent government ever.

What a bunch of two-faced chancing gits they are and no surprise the donations are flowing in from the very wealthy in our society.

And they have the cheek to bump their gums repeatedly about donations from the members of Trade Unions?

Get them out before they fill their pockets with even more of the country's wealth all at the expense of decent hard working people. No doubt the cap-doffers and the forelock tuggers will be along shortly to give them a round of applause.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Tory dining club secretively channels hundreds of thousands of pounds of funding by anonymous wealthy donors  Empty Re: Tory dining club secretively channels hundreds of thousands of pounds of funding by anonymous wealthy donors

Post by Fred Tue May 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Labour is completely in the grip of far left public sector unions.

I know which concerns me most

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Tory dining club secretively channels hundreds of thousands of pounds of funding by anonymous wealthy donors  Empty Re: Tory dining club secretively channels hundreds of thousands of pounds of funding by anonymous wealthy donors

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:22 pm

Alright said Fred wrote:Labour is completely in the grip of far left public sector unions.

I know which concerns me most

Labour were started by the Unions and all the money they donate is recorded and out in the open.

Not so the donations to the Conservative Party.

I know which concerns me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down